Thai doctor slams WHO over U-turn on face masks

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Must I wear a condom when I have sex with my wife, or has the WHO said I do not need one....

That entirely depends on whether you know your wife can trust you or you can trust your wife.

I don't think you need the WHO for this ????

• Haha 2

you must wear an adequate mask N95 in bangkok especially for pollution because of buses, trucks which gives off toxic fumes with each acceleration and kills thousands of people each year, concerning the covid 3/4 of the masks worn are not adequate  , simple tissue that lets postillons pass when you sneeze

Edited by lookchine

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

This Thai doctor could be very wrong.

Latest data suggests that asymptomatic carriers rarely spread the virus. As such the initial position of the WHO was correct and wearing masks is unnecessary.

Study of 455 contacts of one asymptomatic carrier found not a single one was infected:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7219423/

"We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing. They're following asymptomatic cases, they're following contacts and they're not finding secondary transmission onward. It is very rare -- and much of that is not published in the literature," she said. 

"We are constantly looking at this data and we're trying to get more information from countries to truly answer this question. It still appears to be rare that an asymptomatic individual actually transmits onward."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/08/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread-who-bn/index.html

Making the advice of WHO totally  correct, only if  you are  sick or  looking after sick to wear a mask.

Then later in the day I read by the WHO the  opposite, I  wish theyd  make up their frikkin minds.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Better Look again as they have now started to say that what was initially stated is not exactly true.  There is now a new class of COVID-19 individuals and they are now noted as presymptomatic, yes another new class.  From the article I have attached below is this snippet:

“They were trying to make the point that we have no idea how much transmission occurs from asymptomatic versus presymptomatic people.”

Making that fairly semantic point at a major press conference—just days after the WHO changed its stance on mask wearing—caused all of this to be taken out of context and misunderstood,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/the-truth-about-asymptomatic-covid-19/ar-BB15gdXc

The presymptomatics are not a new class. It has been known for some time that asymptomatics can develop symptoms later.

They were thus never true asymptomatics, but presymptomatic.

Indeed the WHO has now qualified the statement somewhat, but it still remains that there is hard evidence where asymptomatic carriers were examined, 455 of their contacts identified and not a single one had the virus. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7219423/

That van Kerkhove also said that:

"We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing. They're following asymptomatic cases, they're following contacts and they're not finding secondary transmission onward. It is very rare -- and much of that is not published in the literature," she said. "We are constantly looking at this data and we're trying to get more information from countries to truly answer this question. It still appears to be rare that an asymptomatic individual actually transmits onward."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/08/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread-who-bn/index.html

is undeniable and very clear. Whilst the WHO are rowing back slightly as they await studies to fully confirm does not change the evidence above.

Indeed the WHO person stating that asymptomatic carriers very rarely transmit the virus was an embarassment for the WHO, as they had a few days previously reversed the advisory on masks. That their own people then make clear that asymptomatics actually almost never spread the virus must have been a bit embarassing, as it made the change of stance on masks wholly unnecessary.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DrTuner said:

WHO has been fairly useless. Even getting information has been handled by private parties like worldometer. It's representative of what UN has become: a daycare home for aging bureaucrats.

WHO is just another bureaucratic monster that's full of self helpers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Manoon concluded that it was time for the WHO to reform and listen to different opinions so as to offer quick and accurate guidance on how to combat disease

The good Dr. Manoon is 100% correct.  Tired, sleepy and corrupt WHO under non-medical Dr. Tedros is in serious need of reform.  A fair share of the blame for the spread of this pandemic rests with WHO's pandering to CCP narrative in the first few months of the pandemic, and now they seem intent on sowing confusion.  Wake up sleepy WHO and reform!

I wish more shops would sell these masks

Twice now I've driven my bike to 7-eleven, only for the wind to blow the mask out of the compartment at the front, then not been able to enter the shop because they don't sell them

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:

wear a condom to protect the planet from overpopulation

thank you for that advice, so now we have a four variants to spice up life.
with or without mask while with or without condom,
oops forgot, eight actually, lights on or off.
????
Do vinyl / leather masks qualify as protection for the outside 
world?
what about masks with outlet vents, should they not be prohibited ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But, I can not go to the store, or mall, or park, or anywhere in my condo without wearing a mask, so Is this doctor trying to say Thailand was misinformed in the beginning and only now the WHO says to wear one.  So f.......confused.  Must I wear a condom when I have sex with my wife, or has the WHO said I do not need one....

You better wear one. She told me yesterday about making you do it. I always wear one with her 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

More and more Thais have quit wearing masks....Its good to see people coming to their senses about the health risks of wearing masks....

Well I for one will not stop wearing a mask, as I see people coughing and spitting in open places and on the pavement. Catching this form an ignorant person who thinks it is ALL OVER is not on my list of things to do .

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:
  13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But, I can not go to the store, or mall, or park, or anywhere in my condo without wearing a mask, so Is this doctor trying to say Thailand was misinformed in the beginning and only now the WHO says to wear one.  So f.......confused.  Must I wear a condom when I have sex with my wife, or has the WHO said I do not need one....

If you and/or your wife wears a mask/condom when out "shopping around" in "tight quarters" consistently, then you should be able to ride bareback with each other.

Ok, lots of do this, don't do this, works, doesn't work, regarding masks.

I say err on the side of safety. I'm wearing a mask. Is it such an inconvenience? It's not WW2

Imagine if Churchill had to make speech "We shall wear masks on the beaches, we shall wear them in the towns, we shall wear them in the pubs, we shall wear them in the shops..."

"Is that all yer lordship?"

"Oh, and we'll kick the Nazi butts too..."

13 hours ago, redwood1 said:

More and more Thais have quit wearing masks....Its good to see people coming to their senses about the health risks of wearing masks....

In the W.H.O.'s Coronavirus Stumbles, Some Scientists See a Pattern

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-the-whos-coronavirus-stumbles-some-scientists-see-a-pattern/ar-BB15gcZp

People who ignore social distancing rules may have psychopathic personality traits, study finds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/people-who-ignore-social-distancing-rules-may-have-psychopathic-personality-traits-study-finds/ar-BB15fERy?li=BBnba9O

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Guaranteed some numpty will get the dig in on the first page, whether the topic is corona or tiddlywinks. Keep wearing your masks in vain, plebs, you're going to get it eventually anyway, unless one of the above countries saves you with the vaccine.

Less chance getting it SE Asia

Science.. because figuring things out is better than making things up.

This doctor is typical of the lack of science and ethics that plague the Thai medical and science industries.

The evidence for masks has not actually changed....Thailands experience is at best associational not causational.

The doctor is behaving like someone who after backing the winner of horse race then claims to be an expert on all things equine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

In the W.H.O.'s Coronavirus Stumbles, Some Scientists See a Pattern

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-the-whos-coronavirus-stumbles-some-scientists-see-a-pattern/ar-BB15gcZp

People who ignore social distancing rules may have psychopathic personality traits, study finds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/people-who-ignore-social-distancing-rules-may-have-psychopathic-personality-traits-study-finds/ar-BB15fERy?li=BBnba9O

Tony125......I please dont leave your house its to dangerous with all those Anti-maskers and Anti-Social distancers out there.....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

He's right and the WHO is full of shlt, especially Tedros.

The WHO do things that suit them, a couple of examples :

They don't encourage closing borders or limiting flights at all because it impedes the movement of the WHO and medical personnel who come first, no matter what.

They don't encourage people to wear masks because they're in short supply and they want them for themselves and medics - so they lie about how well they work instead of keeping stockpiles. This results in more victims.

It's not acceptable.

Who is now taking advise only given to them by the CCP.

• Like 1

Who, like so many other UN agencies, is worthless. The UN is nothing but a massive welfare state employing thousands of people for which the American taxpayer bears a disproportionate share of the burden. 

This has nothing to do with Trump. It is simply a statement of FACT.

13 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Science.. because figuring things out is better than making things up.

This doctor is typical of the lack of science and ethics that plague the Thai medical and science industries.

The evidence for masks has not actually changed....Thailands experience is at best associational not causational.

The doctor is behaving like someone who after backing the winner of horse race then claims to be an expert on all things equine.

The evidence for masks has actually got worse.

It has now come to light that asymptomatic carriers do not spread the virus in significant numbers.

"From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual," Van Kerkhove said on Monday.

"We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing. They're following asymptomatic cases, they're following contacts and they're not finding secondary transmission onward. It is very rare -- and much of that is not published in the literature," she said. "We are constantly looking at this data and we're trying to get more information from countries to truly answer this question. It still appears to be rare that an asymptomatic individual actually transmits onward."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1