Thai Airways asks German, Swiss courts for asset protection

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, bulmercke said:

Anyone remember when Phuket Airlines had one of their 747s seized in Seoul for outstanding debts?? About fifteen years ago.

That long ago? Another one was in Amsterdam 

6 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Flying out of here with TG on Aug 1.

Fingers crossed...... ????

Quote:-

"Also, THAI aircraft have not been supplied with fuel since May 26 and the purchase of ingredients for aircraft meals has been suspended"

Sorry, but make sure there are some spare cans of fuel on board and pack your own sandwiches!!!

Personally, I cannot see THAI flying again for the foreseeable future as it must seek bankruptcy protection in all destination countries to avoid having its planes impounded!

50 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why does it say: IT's planes (as owned by THAI???)

look up: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+does+THAI+lease+airplanes+from

Thai Airways International (THAI) may lease aircraft along with cabin staff as part of fleet and service improvement options, according to Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob. The national carrier plans to procure 38 planes with its budget of 156 billion baht.Jan 23, 2020

Lease aircraft with leasing company providing cabin crew in the contract.

Wonder how the Thai trolley dollies would react.

Perhaps 20 years back Thai was getting very regular very serious criticism/complaints about their cabin crew/cabin service.

At the same time SQ opened their cabin crew training school to all other airlines.

Some one brave in Thai convinced the board to start an on-going process whereby a certain % of Thai cabin crew (Thai citizens) would attend the Thai cabin crew school in Bkk and a % would attend the SQ school.

Into the future flights did have 50/50 attendants. But fairly quickly Thais attending the SQ school stopped.

It became public that the Thai crew who had attended their school in Bkk refused to acknowledge/refused to work with those who had attended the SQ school.  

I was a director of an International management consulting company in Bkk at that time and we had a couple of ongoing projects with Thai. I asked one of their senior Thai managers to share the detail of the Thai trained crew refusing to work with the SQ trained folks.

His response was immediate, he told me he agreed they should refuse to cooperate, expecting them to work with people trained in S'pre or anywhere was insulting.

Some posts have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai Airways <THAI.BK> has asked German and Swiss courts to protect its planes, deposit accounts and other assets overseas from creditors, a government spokeswoman said.

We're going to screw you over, but don't do it back to us ?

Having the planes which they lease seized because of non-payment of their debts is just one of Thai’s worries.

If they want to fly anywhere outside Thailand they are going to face some serious problems once the bankruptcy order is made because no airport outside Thailand is going to give Thai credit facilities to cover the costs of landing/ground handling fees or for topping up the ‘bird’ for its return flight.  Then of course there is the small matter of the cost of hotel accommodation/transport costs for the crew during their stop over.

It will be strictly cash only.  So, Thai had better ensure that they provide their pilots with a big suit case full of US$ if they want to fly anywhere outside Thailand.

We all know what the German connection is and that also extends to Switzerland as well but the Swiss have plenty of reasons to 'assist' ,as there are countless Billions of $ deposited in Swiss Bank Accounts stashed there by the Gangsters past and present of this Nation !

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Indian Airlines even worse I flew Goa to Sharjah in the UAE as I needed to get to Dubai even business class was a slum I didn't use the return ticket I binned it and flew from Dubai to Mumbai and then down to Goa 

Anytime you use the "I" word in business our country you are dealing with a level of garbage that no sane person can deal with.  Unless you live there and think that it's bad but normal. For the rest of the world, it's the worst dump on the planet.  Human misery X500 million.