Rhodes Must Fall - Oxford protesters target statue of colonialist

webfact

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well it may not be, you being a save the earth kinda guy.

Would you like me to mention more evil periods of modern times that GB helped quell... 

No, I want you to admit what you said was wrong and stop deflecting from making that admission. But I doubt you have the courage to do that. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, briand said:

You should have asked your forefathers who loves stealing , who left their own land to steal and scam other countries,  your queen was also a scam

"Your Queen was a scam", can you explain that....?

15 hours ago, transam said:

What is your opinion on the Nazi Holocaust sites, which are kept as "statues" to the past...?

Yes....good point. 

When I was in Phnom Penh one of the popular tourist attractions was Toul Sleng genocide museum.

I did not go myself since I thought it was in bad taste. Lots of back packers and tourists going for something to do and to gawk at pictures of the unfortunate victims who I feel deserve more respect.

I felt at the time that the place should be demolished out of respect to the victims and the place turned into a memorial park with maybe a memorial wall with the names of the victims and a small museum of pictures to explain what had previously stood on the site. The bones should be given a decent Buddhist burial in a common grave.

These victims need to rest in peace not be the source of revenue and entertainment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Now they know and instead of simply complaining online, they are taking real action.

Isn't that something more than just being a snowflake?

If they weren’t at Oxford they would be calling them dossers, the great unwashed etc etc so snowflake is about the best they can come up with on this occasion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

What is your opinion on the Nazi Holocaust sites, which are kept as "statues" to the past...?

False comparison. I see them more as museums. And I'd put a lot of these statues in the fantastic slavery museum in Liverpool to keep them on show as reminders not in celebration.
Would you support statues of Hitler as a memorial to the Holocaust?

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 2