Police complaint filed against woman who posed as nurse in photoshoot

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

They were reportedly attacked viciously and the woman even threatened to sue those nurses.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The girl was accused of violating Section 27 of the Medical Profession Act by claiming to be medical personnel, and committing an alleged fraud by using the uniform of a professional nurse and midwife.

Cosplay nurse should have stayed quiet... stir up a hornets nest at your peril.

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

And if you're seriously ill in the ICU or any hospital bed and the doctor gives the 'nurse' professional instructions which are important in terms of serious impact on your recovery or to help preserve your life, but she has no idea what the doctor instructs because she has no professional training or knowledge, therefore the treatment or medications don't occur, would you be a bit concerned/angry? 

She was posing for a photo, she wasn't attempting an appendectomy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can she please come and do a house call for me.  I feel the need to have a fake nurse wax my nether regions.....

I'll send her over after she's finished here ????

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a pathetic waste of police time, so a woman dresses as a nurse for a photo shoot.

Was she claiming to be a nurse? Was she using nursing skills on anyone?

Dr Orapan you need to find something constructive to do with your time, as it is clear you have too much spare time, to be bothered with such frivolous nonsense.

Yes she claimed to be a nurse, its in the op.

Ahhh, the end to cosplay and playing out one's fantasies. 

Ok, costume parties are now illegal.  Well, of course they are, all social gatherings are illegal.  But if you put a costume on, you'll face two sets of criminal charges. 

Ok Thailand - all fun in now illegal.  Go back to you hovels. 

2 minutes ago, rob63 said:

You mean like Prince Charles, Philip, Harry and William. I always wonder how and why they got those medals.

First and foremost, they are royals. 

My point was exclusive to army generals, etc, in Thailand. 

Don't make light of this story. It's very serious. Impersonating a nurse is a capital offence in many countries.

We are not in many countries, none of which you have specified. What are their names and how many is many, to you?

We are also able to make a valued judgement as we know that she intended to defraud or decieve by stating she was an alumnus of a nursing institute, when, according to other nurses, she wasn't.

Is there a law in Thailand that prohibits dressing as a nurse, if you are not a nurse, even if there is no intention to decieve, like for a photoshoot, stag party etc?

Edited by Scott Tracy
Read the OP properly and changed conclusions.

4 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Don't make light of this story. It's very serious. Impersonating a nurse is a capital offence in many countries.

We are not in many countries, none of which you have specified. What are their names and how many is many, to you?

We are also able to make a valued judgement as we know that she intended to defraud or decieve by stating she was an alumnus of a nursing institute, when, according to other nurses, she wasn't.

Is there a law in Thailand that prohibits dressing as a nurse, if you are not a nurse, even if there is no intention to decieve, like for a photoshoot, stag party etc?

Ya figure they'll be arresting soap actresses that portray nurses?  That's a loooong list...

36 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

What about all those student nurses wearing the uniform when they are not yet a nurse?  I am sorry but Thailand does amaze me at times, still after all these years.

They are wearing a complete white hat, which identifies them as students.

Practical nurses have a short black stripe diagonally on their hat.

Registered nurses have a long horizontal black stripe from left to right.

The person in OP was impersonating a registered nurse.