Pattaya: Foreign motorcyclist rushed to hospital in serious condition after collision with dog

webfact

Pattaya: Foreign motorcyclist rushed to hospital in serious condition after collision with dog

8pm.jpg

Thai media reported that a foreign man was rushed to hospital after being found unconscious on the road with blood gushing from a serious head wound.

By his side was a Honda Click and nearby was a Thai breed dog that was also hurt. 

The foreigner - name and nationality unknown - was given first aid at the scene and rushed to hospital.

The accident happened near the market in Soi Wat Bunkanjanaram just before 11 pm on Tuesday night. 

Witnesses said the dog ran out in front of the motorcyclist. 

Source: 77kaoded

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Goats are worse, if anyone on a motorbike encounters one. 

As one only needs about 18 inches for a motorbike , I suspect the rider panicked, braked hard and fixated on the dog.   

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Dogs are an absolute MENACE here.

I never have a problem with them. Maybe because i mainly stick to busy roads. Any dog lying on one of those roads would be dead. I guess things in Pattaya are different. I see a few dogs in the village lying on the road but its really easy to avoid them.

But when riding in Koh Chang i saw more dogs but I was more scared of Thais driving on the wrong side of the road. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Goats are worse, if anyone on a motorbike encounters one. 

As one only needs about 18 inches for a motorbike , I suspect the rider panicked, braked hard and fixated on the dog.   

well we can wrap that one up then 

perhaps he was rushing to beat the curfew after a nights boozing in soi buakhao

who knows

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Why react?  Drive over the damn mutt.....

Maybe.. on a Harley.

Anything much smaller and you are going down. Good technique for 4 wheels, bad technique on 2 wheels. Motorcycles require you to be balanced.

• Like 1

Dogs cause fatal accidents in every country, partly because a person chooses to drive off the road instead of hitting them. The same goes for deer/vehicle collisions, which take 200+ people every year and over a billion in damages. This, like another post about dogs, is a good reason to have the Thai government help with spaying/neutering. It will save lives and vehicles here as well.  From an article..............https://www.four-paws.org/campaigns-topics/topics/help-for-stray-animals/stray-animal-care-thailand

3 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

another quality farang integrating in Thailand...

Oh at my condo a Thai guy stated filling meat balls with Gofen and threw them over the fence to a pack of dogs. Since then it has been quiet. He was caught on security camera but never got problems with the police, apparently the other residents are happy now that the nightly barking is over.

Edited by somtumwrong
  • Thanks 2

Close brushes with street dogs is a common occurrence in Thailand, probably even more so for bicyclists than for motorcycles. Besides near collisions with canines running out of bushes, I also have been bitten 4 times. They absolutely hate bicycles, and it's not just the pedaling ;I usually just cruise when I spot a dog, but the sight of a bicycle still freaks them out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

a good reason to have the Thai government help with spaying/neutering.

Spaying and neutering  do nothing  for the accidents,barking,biting and pooing caused, they should be rounded up and put in a dog pound  until the (not) owner is found,or a new responsible owner is found, who can pay for the vaccinations and spaying/neutering those left after a month  dispatched to the next life humanely.