'Saddened' by the sight of an empty house, man decides to occupy it

webfact

'Saddened' by the sight of an empty house, man decides to occupy it

By THE NATION

800_bdd6c29094c50e6.jpg?v=1591857894

A 29-year-old man has been arrested for sneaking and living illegally in an unoccupied house in Songkhla province.

A woman, whose name was not disclosed, told police there was evidence of a man living in her new house located in Songkhla’s Sadao district. The house and the furniture were purchased at the end of 2019, she said.

On May 17, the house owner and her grandmother came to the house for cleaning and found evidence of habitation, such as dirty plates and urine stains on the bed. The house was locked again after the cleaning, she added.

640_h8k89b8i5ac978acegbd5.jpg

On Tuesday (June 9), a village official called the owner to inform her that a stranger was found living in her house. This man rode to her house many times, and his suspected actions were recorded in a video.

The house owner then took the video to report to the local police, asking them to check her house.

640_bhi96b6eadaebbkdcae88.jpg

When police reached the house, the man was in a storeroom, with urine stains on the floor. The man, a local named Pirote Saechung, was interrogated and arrested.

The man explained that he felt sad to see the house lying empty, so he decided to live there on some days.

He was charged with invasion of a private propery and damaging another’s assets.

640_9j657g7ke5fhcada6kdeb.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389444

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-11

• Haha 1

My friends from Holland came to Thailand in 2016 for a 4 week holiday. When they returned they found a family of illegal Syrian muslim refugees in their house claiming they rented it and paid for it for a year. It took them about 3 years to get them out. In the mean time they had to rent a room and as asylum seekers they could stay there by court order. Police didn't do <deleted>. After it was completely trashed and had over a 100k€ damage. 

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I saw an empty Ferrari in the Villa Market carpark. 

Should have tried the same. 

my moo baan has several, once a neighbor even had 2 next to each other

and he uses porches & mercedes to block the street, so his ferrari's are safer

loooooooooooooooool

no seriously,not joking

• Confused 1

Beach road Jomtien there is a nice looking house, plaque reads "Jomtien Beach House" out front, near Jomtien Boat House restaurant/hotel.

It has been unoccupied at least as long as I have been living in Jomtien, 16 years. That makes me sad (not length of time I've been here, but the house, just to be clear ;))