If You Suddenly Became Rich and Wanted to Travel.

Where would you go and why? Myself, I would go back to America and visit the major battle sites of the Civil War , Mannasas, Antietam, Gettysburg etc, and up to Montana to

see the little Big Horn, the site of Custers Last Stand. I have already been to San Antonio to see The Alamo, Memphis to see Graceland and down to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.

What country or countries would you like to go and see, and for what reason?

• Haha 2

Some F1 GP's, World of Outlaws final Knoxville, Iowa, IOM TT, at least one F1 Powerboat race, Goodwood Revival. 

..and work from there. Although i think the worst part of travelling is the actual travelling.

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Suddenly became rich for that?

Gosh, I can only assume you must be poor?

Fly their, rent car, and drive.

Probably about a $3,000 to $4,000 trip to have a very good time from most places in the world.  Not exactly a rich man's tour.

Some peoples poor is anothers rich, and some peoples rich is anothers poor.

• Like 2

Only a couple of places left to visit on my bucket list,

Madagascar, and Easter Island,and maybe stop in at

Machu Picchu,that's it ,what happens when you fill in

everything on your bucket list ?.....do another one.

regards Worgeordie

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I really do not see the point in travelling anymore , many cities all over the World all have the same/similar shops , most food can be bought all over the World , you can see photos and videos of everywhere in the World and you can talk to anyone in the world on line face to face .

Why go anywhere ?

Things like, Giza pyramids tour with camel ride is appealing to me. You can put a desktop wallpaper of that but it's not gonna be the same. Next best option is to wait for another 20 years until VR gets so developed.. but then you can't smell the real camel dung, so..

• Like 1

Ireland for the golf courses, summer only.

Trans-Siberian from Moscow to Vladivostok, if the carriage met my comfort specifications.

Mauritius - only flew over it on the way to South Africa, looked like a jewel.

Rome, for the food and history of Roman civilization.

Iceland, for the scenery. Or Outer Hebrides.

I understand Mexican women can be very beautiful.

All places I will never get to, not interested in going back to places I have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What country or countries would you like to go and see, and for what reason?

I've done so much more in my life than I ever dreamed of when I was younger.

If I suddenly had a lot more money, I'm not sure I'd change anything.

Maybe more expensive hotels when I visit Vietnam/Cambodia, but I'm fairly happy with the cheap ones I currently use.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Suddenly became rich for that?

Gosh, I can only assume you must be poor?

Fly their, rent car, and drive.

Probably about a $3,000 to $4,000 trip to have a very good time from most places in the world.  Not exactly a rich man's tour.

30 minutes ago, DE Land said:

Things like, Giza pyramids tour with camel ride is appealing to me. You can put a desktop wallpaper of that but it's not gonna be the same. Next best option is to wait for another 20 years until VR gets so developed.. but then you can't smell the real camel dung, so..

Did all that, Valley of the kings, Temple of Luxor, etc.

And Tunisia, Ruins of Carthage.

Also did all that in Jordan, Kings Highway, City of Petra, Camel ride to Wadi Rum.

And Israel, Dead Sea, Masada at dawn, Church of the Nativity, underground city in Jerusalem, wailing wall. 

Lots of skiing, lots of scuba diving ...........

Wasn't all that memorable.

Edited by BritManToo

My trip is an expensive one ! You said rich, so for me , a slow trip around the world, stopping off where I like, and for how long I like. A dream. Details , New Zealand, Polynesia, an African safari, Egypt, over to South America Argentina, Bolivia, and Finnish up in the US. Too much to see. 

I am an Aussie but USA national parks for me. 

Road trip in good vehicle visit all 49 mainland states.

Been USA 3 times and hired cars. 9 weeks, 4 weeks and 3weeks told 26k miles to about 15 states and 20 national parks and best holidays ever.

Americans so lucky have such great National parks service and an annual parks pass cheap.

Of course would need to see Trump so I could pi## myself laughing all the way home.

????????????

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I really do not see the point in travelling anymore , many cities all over the World all have the same/similar shops , most food can be bought all over the World , you can see photos and videos of everywhere in the World and you can talk to anyone in the world on line face to face .

Why go anywhere ?

Same system many use when sleeping with their wives :   just close your eyes and imagine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When i was much younger i went to uk and tried to visit everything on a monopoly board. 

Now i dislike travel. I like being in different places but hate traveling to get there.

So if i had the money i would have condo in the amalfi coast or terre cinqa in italy. A house on lake como. A condo in vietnam. Would live in vietnam and spend summers in the other places.

Every year would maybe do side trips to other places.

• Like 2

Nowhere probably, having travelled a little bit already. Sure, if I'd never been to NY, or the Amazon, or Eastern Europe, or Paris, or Dublin, or London, or Greece, etc., etc; I'd want to experience them. Got that out of my system. Still, it would be nice to have the money to do this on a whim. I suppose space is the new frontier, yeah, that'd be interesting. OK, I qualify my original answer, outer space is definitely the place to go, if you have the money. Landing on the Moon and looking back on the Earth, that'd be an experience worth paying a few fortunes for. And think of the selfies, ha!

Definitely Japan and especially Tokyo after having been there for some years and learning the language reasonably well. You will know why this will give you the kick when you try it but one of the reasons is definitely the food. Another reason is the very clear and sad insight that you may never experience all you would want to in this short life - not even close. It is somehow frustrating to discover that there are high rise buildings packed with the very best restaurants/bars on EACH floor that you will never even come to see while you pass by on the street.