No curfew from tonight

rooster59

49 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

But then again, why would I when all pubs, bars, discos, karaoke places and "traditional" massage parlors remain closed anyway?

I have a number of traditional Thai massage shops that are open on my soi in central BKK. Some may offer extra services while others may not.

One place that I suspect may not offer extra services has their signboard out front advertising foot massages for 300b and oil massages for 450b.

Perhaps they haven't bothered to realize that there are pretty much zero tourists (customers) around to be fleeced???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

If u wanna be totally literal about it, the curfew should finish at 23:59 tonight and normality should resume at 00:01 hours Monday morning.

There is no such time as 00:00

Of course there is. You can also call it 24:00 if you like.

27 minutes ago, CGW said:

Sure? there is if you are "military or nautical" the day/report starts at 00:00 ????

100% disagree, Australian Defence Forces do not use 0000h, reason being it is the same time as 2400h. Time goes from 2359h to 0001h as previously mentioned

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

If u wanna be totally literal about it, the curfew should finish at 23:59 tonight and normality should resume at 00:01 hours Monday morning.

????Apart from 00.00 being 12 midnight!????

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Personally, I wouldn't risk going/staying out tonight, as there's a certain amount of ambiguity. Could they mean from tomorrow (Monday) night, which is June 15th?

Anyway, I'll be in bed by 10pm! ????????

There is a little bit of ambiguity.

At first I was thinking, so that means tonight the curfew will be for just one hour, from 11pm to midnight? Or will it only end at 3am tomorrow morning?

Clearly, from tomorrow night onward, there will no longer be a curfew, but as for tonight, there is still a small chance of ambiguity. Doesn't affect me either way, as I have zero reason to be out that late, and I think businesses, including airlines, malls, restaurants, 7-11s, won't extend their operating hours until at least tomorrow. Already the BTS and subway (MRT) have confirmed they will extend their hours from tomorrow, not today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dodgybros said:

100% disagree, Australian Defence Forces do not use 0000h, reason being it is the same time as 2400h. Time goes from 2359h to 0001h as previously mentioned

100% disagree! having spent 40 years at sea and keeping daily logs, start time is 00:00.

"Military Time 0000 is: 12:00 AM using 12-hour clock notation, 00:00 using 24-hour clock notation.  (Zulu Time Zone) "

"If it is the beginning of the day, activity, or event then use 0000 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours” or “Midnight”). If it is the end of the day, activity or event then use 2400 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours,” “Twenty Four Hundred Hours,” or “Midnight”)."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

100% disagree! having spent 40 years at sea and keeping daily logs, start time is 00:00.

"Military Time 0000 is: 12:00 AM using 12-hour clock notation, 00:00 using 24-hour clock notation.  (Zulu Time Zone) "

"If it is the beginning of the day, activity, or event then use 0000 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours” or “Midnight”). If it is the end of the day, activity or event then use 2400 (Pronounced: “Zero Hundred Hours,” “Twenty Four Hundred Hours,” or “Midnight”)."

....and I spent 30  years at sea keeping daily logs and never ever used 0000h or 2400h as it is the same time and can cause confusion, and made no difference what time zone was used (and no need for highlights)

2 minutes ago, dodgybros said:

and no need for highlights

Calm down, the highlights were from the copy & paste ???? notice the "parenthesis" 

Assume you will be informing the US military amongst others that their time keeping is incorrect ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nausea said:

What curfew is this? Oooh, that curfew. It's been a long time since I went wandering about in the middle of the night, boring old me. The curfew had exactly zero effect on my lifestyle. Went swimming today for the first time in months, ah, that was nice. Yeah, the thing I really need is access to the UK, haven't visited in years but being cut off had a psychological effect

It may not affect some people, but the lifting of the curfew helps a lot of people none of whom are drinkers or pub-goers:

1) anyone who needs to go to the hospital such as for an emergency or to give birth no longer has to fear being detained or arrested

2) truck drivers can transport goods overnight again

3) bus and train operators can transport passengers throughout the country and set flexible timetables

4) airlines and airports can operate flights throughout the day without worrying about curfews at the beginning or end of the day

5) businesses such as 711s can operate all night long

6) factories can operate 24/7 with deliveries made any time without worrying about documents, possible arrest for being outside their premises after 11pm or before 3am

And that's just a basic list.

Edited by drbeach
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

have fun but do not let your guard down. still advised to observe social distancing and wearing mask for safety.

huh?  no no no ... the goverments of the world only have your health as a concern and they of course are sure all is ok, just follow the rulz they set............

30 minutes ago, dodgybros said:

Er no. Or does your 2359 minute have 120 seconds?? ????

59 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Thais being repatriated from abroad are put in quarantine for 14 days. It's rather simple to do the exact same thing for spouses of Thais currently outside.

Frankly, that you haven't even given it that much thought kind of suggests an all-consuming selfishness on your part.

Here go mate, to put my posts in context as you obviously skipped over this one.

I have no issue with people paying for their 14 day isolation but GregO obviously does... run along and shake you selfish stick at him.

iso.jpg.2c7094e1da7eba9df1bd3998a48cf9d9.jpg

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've yet to see any police in the middle of nowhere.

Outside of Udon city they flatly refuse to turn up at night for fear of being attacked by irate locals (two separate occasions in our case).

I remember Colin Neil has also failed to get the police to come out at night.

I live in the middle of nowhere and last night the police drove past my driveway after 12 midnight as I was checking for incoming water from the village.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

What? Do you think the clock jumps from 23:59 straight to 00:01?

• Haha 1

Just now, OneeyedJohn said:

I'm gonna go for a ride on my bike tonight at eleven o'clock without a mask and without a helmet.

Well mate, go for your ride, enjoy, but please use your brain, wear a helmet, totally irresponsible to go on a bike with no helmet.

Look at me, only part of my body not injured was my head, because i was wearing a helmet, no helmet, i would not be posting this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

No curfew from tonight.:cheesy: I find that hilarious.

We have had motorbikes, pickups passing our gate every night, locals here have taken no notice what so ever of a curfew, just been business as usual.

I think that's the experience of most, including me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Letting farangs who are married to Thais and their children back into the country would be something to cheer about.

It's all getting beyond a joke. 

For the expats and separated families who have made Thailand their homes.

Listening to what the government is doing is a bit like...

"We love you long time".

"What's your name"?

You don't see the Chinese taking thai partners and looking after their families..

But they are number one for come back to Thailand please. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, go for your ride, enjoy, but please use your brain, wear a helmet, totally irresponsible to go on a bike with no helmet.

Look at me, only part of my body not injured was my head, because i was wearing a helmet, no helmet, i would not be posting this.

Of course , I was being silly and trying to be funny.

Riding a bike without a helmet is seriously stupid, I don't do stupid.

• Like 2