"E-waste" facility in BKK?

Crossy

Clearing out the man-cave.

I never throw anything away "I may need one of these some day". Yeah, right!

Over the last 15 years I have amassed a large collection of obsolete and largely non-functional electronics, mostly PCs of various vintages but a few inverters, power supplies, printers, monitors, naked hard drives and a plastic bin full of assorted boards.

Is there anywhere in BBK (preferably northern BKK) which takes this stuff for recycling? Or should I just leave it for the regular bin chaps?

Funny story...I had a couple of old LI laptop batteries to dispose of a couple of years back. Not wanting to throw them in the dumpster, I went to thev apartment office, explained to the girl working there (who was always quite competent) what I wanted and she promptly told me to wait right there and she would get somebody to take them from me for proper disposal....Success ! A few minutes later...the building handyman comes to the office....she tells him something in Thai , He 'wais' me, takes the batteries, walks 5 meters to the dumpster which I had to pass on my way to the office...and tosses them in. We all smiled and went about our day. Stupid Farang....ha ha ha h

• Haha 1

Just now, Crossy said:

By the way, there's nothing hazardous, even the CR2032 batteries have been removed from the mainboards and found their way into other machines.

My best guess would be to head down to Fortune Town and ask one of the shops there...my guess is they send all junk to some recycler..

• Like 1

Just now, tonray said:

My best guess would be to head down to Fortune Town and ask one of the shops there...my guess is they send all junk to some recycler..

Good idea. Actually Zeer is closer for us and there are several places doing re-furb machines (several of the junkers came from there in the past), they must get rid of the basket cases somewhere.

• Like 1