Govt moves towards determining criteria tor travel bubble pact

webfact

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

Wouldn't entertain any thoughts of China joining , all International flights have been cancelled in / out of Beijing and some areas are in lockdown 

China is not Beijing.

I'm nearer Pattaya than Beijing.

• Like 1

I know somebody who flew from the US to the UK 3 days ago. On Arrival no checks to determine temperature or questions asked, no quarantine nothing. Considering the levels of cases in both nations, this is pretty insane. People don't really care much here anymore, we social distance but life is going on as normal pretty much 

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

China is not Beijing.

I'm nearer Pattaya than Beijing.

I don't think they will be treated separately any more than the states in the U.S. will be treated separately. That might make more sense, though. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There are outbreaks of Covid19 again in Wuhan, and also a city called Shulan, although it would seem they are fairly smalloutbreaks.

More worrying is an outbreak of a new, never seen before strain from a massive Market in Beijing.

Play with the Chinese at your peril me thinks

I'll laugh my Ars$ off if this all starts again due to this lots greed...... 

Beauty....Karma.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I don't think they will be treated separately any more than the states in the U.S. will be treated separately. That might make more sense, though. 

The internal precautions are different league though:

A government employee in Baoding, North China's Hebei Province, which governs Xiongan New Area, told the Global Times on Wednesday that people from Beijing areas rated medium or high risk have been requested to go on quarantine for 14 days and undergo nucleic tests three times during the 14-day quarantine period.  

They also have to take a serum antibody test and a CT scan for pneumonia detection, the employee said. Those who came from low risk areas in Beijing to Xiongan only need to show their health code.

The response comes after Hebei reported its one new confirmed case in Xiongan New Area, who was in close contact with Beijing's cases, and three asymptomatic cases, one of whom had close contact with a Beijing-related case. Those areas in the province stepped up their health checks on arrivals from Beijing.

Harbin, the capital of Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, appears to have enforced the strictest health checks on arrivals from Beijing. An operator of the city government's hotline said people from Beijing's medium- and high-risk areas have to go on a 14-day centralized quarantine and seven-day home quarantine. They were urged to undergo four nucleic tests and one serum antibody test during the quarantine. 

People from Beijing's low risk areas should also go on two to three days of centralized quarantine, take two nucleic tests and one serum antibody test. Only those tested negative for the COVID-19 could go on home quarantine under the local community's supervision until the centralized and home quarantine reach 14 days in all.

Wang Peiyu, the deputy head of Peking University's School of Public Health, told the Global Times on Wednesday that although Heilongjiang has not reported local cases related to Beijing's new outbreak, Harbin's measures are understandable, as it saw a spike of imported cases in April, and sounded the alarm over local infections related to cases from outside.

Also on Wednesday, the Macao Special Administrative Region said those who have been to Beijing within 14 days of arriving should be on a 14-day quarantine.

You dont get thermometer waved at you in China.

2 hours ago, Mung said:

I know somebody who flew from the US to the UK 3 days ago. On Arrival no checks to determine temperature or questions asked, no quarantine nothing. Considering the levels of cases in both nations, this is pretty insane. People don't really care much here anymore, we social distance but life is going on as normal pretty much 

The latest ONS figures for the UK puts the incident of coronavirus in the population at 0.0006.

A lot of these have been in care homes.

Hopefully, the UK foreign office is informing the crooked, uneducated, gangsters that run Thailand of these facts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

Me for one (scientist/businessman).  But I have absolutely no desire to visit Thailand.  Laos has done a much better job than Thailand in preventing widespread Wuhan flu cases (19 cases, zero deaths, all recovered).  Our lock-down has ended and there were only sensible regulations implemented, unlike some of the crazy rules in Thailand.  I can renew my Lao WP and annual visa in-country.  I feel much safer here than in Thailand (and with 2 ex-wives in Thailand, I definitely feel safer here in Laos!).

My sentiments as your good self. I now live in Cambodia and I have no desire to return to Thailand. Life in Laos must be similar to here - living in the real world - no bans, curfews, mandatory face-masks, lock-downs etc. Schools still closed but inter-provincial travel now allowed. Like Laos, no doubt, no problems here with visa renewals (simple and easy) and no bureaucratic 90 Day reports or TM 30. As far as I am concerned the border with Thailand can remain closed, other than for trade purposes. I believe Cambodia is not one of Thailand's "bubble" partners.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:

So let's open a bubble with Laos.

The country fits all the criteria and the bubble will allow many foreigners to renew their visas or do their border runs...

The question you have to ask yourself is whether the travel bubble is for citizens of either country only and if it will include non-citizens who live in either country?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

The latest ONS figures for the UK puts the incident of coronavirus in the population at 0.0006.

A lot of these have been in care homes.

Hopefully, the UK foreign office is informing the crooked, uneducated, gangsters that run Thailand of these facts.

Worldometer puts rate of infection in the UK at 0.4% and in the U.S. at 0.7%. However, China's reported numbers put them at 0.006%. So, the cut-off will probably be countries with less than 0.01%.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Letseng said:

The question you have to ask yourself is whether the travel bubble is for citizens of either country only and if it will include non-citizens who live in either country?

A clue to the answer to your question might be found in the recent official okay by the Thai government for Wat Pho to treat foreigners currently in Thailand (and obviously not just arrived from anywhere else including their home countries) as being from their home countries and as dangerous as though they were just there. 

Edited by JCP108

4 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

Completely ridiculous , one of the human rights is to be free to travel.

Just open the country and let everyone decide by himself which risk he wants to take. //

No such right !

Human rights on freedom don't give you the right to enter in any foreign country. Never did.

• Like 2

This is going to happen both ways - meaning the government will need to be up-front and transparent on just how much testing there has been in this country. They will need to convince other countries that Thailand is actually safe to visit. I don't see any travel bubbles starting anytime soon. 

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Like the world class tracing app available at the end of May? Or the continued dithering over social distancing measures?

At least they gave us dates! :cheesy:

As I see it, Track and Trace is useless unless a good proportion of people are going to use it

Theres no dithering on social distancing, its two meters which is currently under review.

Edited by Chelseafan