Facebook takes down Trump ads over 'organized hate' policy

webfact

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree that censorship is difficult.

But the president and his reelection team should never use such a symbol, even if others use it.

The president should be better than that. Should be...

I agree it doesn't seem seemly but... if it is ANTIFA'S emblem, logo I cannot see why there is no outrage from the left on ANTIFA. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So Trump is trying to lighten the mood with a fun meme? OK then, now I get it. Trump is again showing us what a statesman he's become by trying to create merriment in this time of national crisis.

Riiiiiiight..........

I wonder if you, and your 6 friends actually viewed the video, which was quite clever, and was aired in 2019, not in this time of so-called national crisis.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Seems that push has been just meat for his base.

'Trump’s China-bashing strategy falls apart'

"The passages that have generated the most headlines this week center on Bolton’s account of Trump’s talks with Xi, in which he apparently asked the Chinese president to help him win the 2020 election by boosting agricultural imports from the American heartland, spoke openly of executing journalists, and — perhaps in the most eye-catching anecdote — encouraged Xi to carry on the industrial-scale detention of more than a million people from Turkic Muslim ethnic minorities in the far-western region of Xinjiang."

And people in the USA are just mesmerized by this liar Jack r se. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

I think it's more of a diversion thing. Create some media scandal to take attention from other stuff. Case in point, Bolton's book. Do something outrageous and people will talk about that rather than the real stuff. All (or most) of them I-wouldn't-believe-he'll-go-so-low-again instances come following some serious debacle. If these stunts bolster the base, that's a bonus.

As to why he's courting right wing (more or less extreme) elements is simple. Voters-wise, he can't seem to make much headway among undecided, or even moderate Republicans, never mind swaying Democrat and liberal voters. Trump's reelection prospects hang on preserving his base. He can't afford any losses there, but he loses little when already "lost" voters are upset.

I agree with all of that with the added comment, Trump’s ‘base’ are not enough to win an election.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree with all of that with the added comment, Trump’s ‘base’ are not enough to win an election.

The base is not enough by itself, sure. But being made of people who go out and vote, carry Trump stuff and what not, it's essential for keeping his chances alive. As long as he got this, he can look sort of alright on polls, get his rallies, and whatnot. No base, no show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose Trump soliciting re-election assistance from the country that gave America a coronavirus pandemic is not a double standard.

Are you calling Bolton a fascist? 

18 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, it's a Nazi emblem used to identify political prisoners.  It's rarely used by Antifa and apparently never used by them in the US.

So the Trump re-election campaign used a symbol primarily associated with the Nazi's during World War II.  Why did they do that?

Rarely,apparently,,primarily.Hilariously.

• Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No I think removing those who violate policies against spreading hate from a social media site is fine. 

Yet presumably you're happy for BLM to spread hate against whites for the bad things done by people several generations ago

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

So Facebook has a problem with "organized hate"? Which is why, of course, that they unequivocally support the BLM. Facebook has a problem with right-wing politics even when certain symbols are used as a means of obvious parody. If Facebook had any integrity whatsoever, it would just admit its left bias. But it won't. So we keep having to endure this absurd clown-act of social-media giants pretending to be impartial while deplatforming, de-monetizing, and shadow-banning right-of-center channels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

No it is not.

There are certain types of speech that is regulated because it spreads false information that can cause immediate   an irreparable damage.

For instance  yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theater where there is no fire. is speech that is regulated for obvious reasons. It spreads wrong information that  will cause irreparable damage that can not be mitigated through reasoning. 

When did Hopkins shout "fire"in a crowded theatre?

If she didn`t why has she been banned?