Tourists banned from first wave of ‘travel bubbles’, says Anutin

webfact

22 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

The one & only outspoken Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul whose discriminatory remark on Western tourists, saying that they are “dirty” and more likely to spread coronavirus than Asians caused a ruffle of feathers....I disagree with his, dirty, remark but sadly there are a lot of European countries that are classed as virus high risk, my country, the once Great Britain, being at the very top of the list!

Where does this Moron think the Virus came from? China  I believe that is a Asian country last time i checked. This clown is the Heath Minister?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stadtler said:

Good for him.  A thinking man, would not be so hasty to jump in, but Stadtler supports him 100 percent.  Take the jab twice!

Great Idea,use weedkiller,then they can distribute his Billions to the needy in the country!!

50 minutes ago, tandor said:

..seeing most countries have run out of primates to experiment on, perhaps his offer is a good idea as he is obviously the 'missing-link'.

Dont insult the chimps lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ronaldd said:

Where does this Moron think the Virus came from? China  I believe that is a Asian country last time i checked. This clown is the Heath Minister?

How is it important now from where the virus came ?

What is important now is where the Covid is under control.

(It will not be zero cases before long, so a tiny % could be accepted)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ooh look, both articles from today:

800_e999bca02104a5a.jpg?v=1592546111     800_d65dafcba671b87.jpg?v=1592552810

Before (forgot face mask)                                       After (remembered)

source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1169160-bhumjaithai’s-anutin-open-to-cabinet-reshuffle/   

Dont think both pics are same day,wearing different ties,not normal for a guy to change ties durinģ the day...then again...he is not normaĺ!!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good.  Keep the tourists out for as long as possible.

Hes not thinking this through.....  the pressure will be on by missing the tourist $$$$   wait for it genius..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good.  Keep the tourists out for as long as possible.

Keep them out until the country’s economy goes down the tubes and they have to send delegations around the world begging for business. When you pay somebody 400 baht for a 14 hour day and a couple of days a month off and then charge almost western prices you see what the country is really like. hanging. between 3rd and 2nd world and still imagining that it is first class . .. don’t forget that Pattaya is a world class Family Resort... lol ! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

"Meanwhile, Anutin said he was ready to be injected with a prototype vaccine for Covid-19 as part of medical trials." Talk is cheap????, if he does have the injection will it be witnessed by journalists. I doubt that very much...

There will NEVER be a vaccine, eternal lockdown - but I hope they inject something into this clown..... like a brain! Thailand Government (Chailand) has chosen its destiny - not my place to comment but be prepared to jump ship when it hits the fan as my boat is ready... Lets see if they are prepared to stay on a sinking ship or be cowards and bail...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, LoS itaint said:

The one & only outspoken Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul whose discriminatory remark on Western tourists, saying that they are “dirty” and more likely to spread coronavirus than Asians caused a ruffle of feathers....I disagree with his, dirty, remark but sadly there are a lot of European countries that are classed as virus high risk, my country, the once Great Britain, being at the very top of the list!

Great Britain is not a country, ie not a political entity, it is an island. The largest one in the British Isles. 

Just thought I'd mention it. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They were only in quarantine for few days. Had "compassionate grounds" to leave quarantine. Huge stuff up by NZ. AU has cluster in Victoria. If 2 counties had the most easy bubble it would be those 2. No land borders etc. Now that seems long way off.

Yep, the stuff up by NZ border staff has the dates they're talking about for a trans-Tasman border being pushed back by a month or two. This one incident shows international travel without restrictions is a very long time away!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, shdmn said:

Well damn.  So looks like I won't get back there in July and probably not August either.

I'm in the same boat Had tickets for May 10th canceled by Korean air ( they returned my money )I think we should look for late Oct or Nov before we can get in as tourist maybe even Jan 2021

Edited by pumbaa

12 hours ago, rott said:

Great Britain is not a country, ie not a political entity, it is an island. The largest one in the British Isles. 

Just thought I'd mention it. 

Great Britain is not a country; it's a landmass. It was known as 'Great' because it is the largest island in the British Isles, and houses the countries of England, Scotland and Wales within its shores...........I Googled it as well!!..............LOL

On 6/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, DrPhibes said:

Yup, me too.  Plan B is to have the wife and 2yr old join me in SoCal until able to go back.  Probably pull the trigger on that about Oct. If necessary.

Yeah it isn't as easy as some here assume. My wife got locked out of this country in February, when Thailand got a few infections, so she changed her tickets for March, which was when the ban on Tha travellers was lifted here. The same week in March that she was due to fly here Thailand banned Kazakhstan because then Kazakhstan got their first infections. 

So I have now had to resign from my position in order to get to the UK, as infections here are entering "second wave" and are now back in partial lock down, which will get more severe in the next 2 weeks and I wanted to exit before I got locked down again.

Quite complex to actually make plans that don't suddenly get changed.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, DrPhibes said:

Yup, me too.  Plan B is to have the wife and 2yr old join me in SoCal until able to go back.  Probably pull the trigger on that about Oct. If necessary.

Good luck with reuniting with your family by the way. During the time that i haven't seen my wife I have always kept in my mind that the people that have been separated from their children are in a more dire situation.  I have plenty of co-workers or people in our industry that have children as well as spouses. I was working on a remote site when the lockdown of flights occurred here, so I had no chance of getting out, plus I got pneumonia at the same rime, so couldn't have flown anywhere anyway. Bad luck, bad timing, bad choices I guess.