National parks preparing to welcome tourists

snoop1130

National parks preparing to welcome tourists

735a8d6ccde5114a42a15c0f720f7ab4_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - Starting July 1st this year, 127 national parks in Thailand will reopen to visitors under new normal conditions. Tourists, who plan to visit national parks, have to make a reservation in advance via the QueQ mobile application to help prevent congestion.

The QueQ app can be downloaded on both Android and iOS devices. Before entering and leaving the national parks, visitors are also required to check in and out, on the government’s Thai Chana online platform. On June 25, different systems, including QueQ and Thai Chana, will be tested in Khao Yai National Park. The health screening checkpoint will also be put to the test.

Tourists, who have not made an advance reservation via QueQ, can still visit national parks, but officials will allow people who have made an advance reservation, to enter first. If people miss their check-in time, officials will allow walk-in tourists to enter before them.

The national parks are aware of the importance of observing social distancing protocols to help limit the spread of COVID-19. The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation is using different media channels to provide information about tourism in national parks. People can visit the Facebook page of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation and the National Park Office for updates and other information.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-06-24

42 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourists, who have not made an advance reservation via QueQ, can still visit national parks, but officials will allow people who have made an advance reservation, to enter first. If people miss their check-in time, officials will allow walk-in tourists to enter before them.

a caste system for tourists; right in line with mainstream thai leader thinking (well almost thinking)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Which is why I never visit them. 

Such a juvenile cliche reply from someone who probably haven't seen further away from the bar edge let alone visited any park at all.

Nobody is happy with inflated prices for foreigners but if extra THB 400 is a dealbreaker, you should really feel sorry for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

15 hours ago, andre47 said:

Who is planing all this? They destroy the country and damage the life of the people. I understand that we have to take care about the virus (social distancing etc.) but this is really unnecessary BS. The national parks are huge and you can walk easily without coming near any other person. In every shop or restaurant people are closer each other. I get headache when I see what some officials are planing. They treat people like children. It is annoying.

Don't forget Thai Raak Thai and not the foreigner, it will say, you don't have to complain they treat people like children.

A word is enough to the wise.

And it not only the national parks.

It remind about 10 years ago when I live on Phuket, we use always liquid soap and bought it for 300thb a gallon, i visit that time with my Thai GF.

Once I come at the same shop without her and they ask for the same soap 600 thb, rats, sorry to say.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Don't forget Thai Raak Thai and not the foreigner, it will say, you don't have to complain they treat people like children.

A word is enough to the wise.

You don't understand my post.

I did not mention anything about foreigners. The regulations are for all people not specially foreigners. 

5 minutes ago, andre47 said:

5 minutes ago, andre47 said:

You are right...the National Parks are beautiful and I always like to visit them, but...it is discrimination to charge some people different. The is not only the case for the NP's. Discrimination happen in Thailand very often.

National parks all over Asia, South America and Africa do the same thing. Even countries with a much higher average income than Thailand, such as Argentina, Brazil and South Africa.  They figure if you can afford a ticket to get there, then you can afford the price of admission, but want to make it affordable to the locals.  First priority of any country should be to it's own nationals.

Not visiting for the sake of a few dollars is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

First priority of any country should be to it's own nationals.

I think you like Donald Trump?...

Why so many people are still thinking nationalistic and selfish? This way we will never archive a peaceful world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1