UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Remainers are keenly aware of the loss of so much due to Brexit. The rights to travel freely and live in Europe, the tarrif free trade, the sense of belonging to a continent which shares so much in culture with the UK.

And in response, all the Brexiteers can say is,' take back control' which means control immigration, and in that they mean Islam.

How many Muslims from the EU migrate to the UK?

Reading that nonsense, all I can say is Jackanory Jackanory

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

And in response, all the Brexiteers can say is,' take back control' which means control immigration, and in that they mean Islam.

Brexiteers do not mean that, that is a lie , its not true, you just made that up 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How many voted to remain, what percentage ?

(BTW ,. haven't we had this exact discussion numerous times in the last few years?)

Yes, I don'ct like to repeat myself but when posters claim, as one did just now, that the majority of the electorate voted for Brexit, I feel obliged to correct their cow manure.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

And again ignorance of the market. Egypt runs the risk that the water is turned off. Then there will be no huge "cheap" oranges and tomatoes in abundance. The construction of the Renaissance dam has led to violent disputes between Ethiopia and Egypt and Sudan. Fortunately, food security and longterm supply for the UK is not in the hands of some posters here.

If the Nile runs dry in Egypt there will be a bloody war because the alternative for Egypt is, literally, death by the millions. The Sudan is now split and can't afford another war and I don't think Ethiopia (also split) can afford one either. You accuse me of ignorance but show no knowledge of geography or geopolitics at all. You should stop using fear-mongering as means to push your argument. In any case, any one of either the USA, Mexico or Brazil could easily supply all the oranges the UK will ever need.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

Yes, I don'ct like to repeat myself but when posters claim, as one did just now, that the majority of the electorate voted for Brexit, I feel obliged to correct their cow manure.

Show me where someone said that the majority of the electorate voted for Brexit?

16 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Of course.

The EU doesn't prescribe which oranges you have to eat. On the contrary, the range of goods in the delicatessen supermarkets is huge, products from all over the world.

But the Brexit fairy tale, which you can just swap all your grocery suppliers, and it can buy the previous goods in other countries in the same quality, free of tariffs, i.e. cheaper, is just not right if you look at the individual products in detail.

But the real problem with the Brexit UK is not in purchasing, but in sales. Over 50% of UK exports go to the EU. How new markets are to be found quickly for that trade volume is beyond me. Especially against the background that the UK still has no trade agreements. The UK clearly overestimates its negotiating position.

Yes, I can see it is beyond you.

12 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I'm sorry Loiner, but I think we have been through this many many times before in this forum, but in case you didn't notice I will repeat. Britain never stopped being a sovereign nation, how do you think we had a referendum if we weren't sovereign. It was just another part of the lie package you were sold. 

That is the problem for Scotland, they are not currently a sovereign nation, therefore they cannot - so they say - have a referendum without UK agreement. I'm sure you can see the difference.

Rubbish.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

That is a nebulous slogan that appeals to a sector, but I am more concerned with how will it improve my daily life? At the moment I foresee increased prices on both imported and domestic products and a restriction in my freedom of movement. What TANGIBLE positive benefits will offset those negatives?

Think I'm having a flashback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Steady on "kingdong", they are hardly amateurs. They are a bunch of highly proficient professional political operators; after all in the last few decades they have managed to change a trading organisation - a common market if you like - into a nascent federal European State, in which they have manoeuvred themselves to form self perpetuating ruling establishment. In doing so (almost always by negotiated treaty rather than by a popular mandate) they have taken control of many aspects of fiscal, commercial and foreign policy from the member states, and are currently working on taking control of defence. They keep the political establishments of those member states in line by offering the opportunity for them to move into a "second political career" within that federal structure.

Hardly amateurs - they are well on the way to managing what several other movements over the last couple of centuries have failed to do - control of Europe.

You are right about the unelected bit though...

Very good and all true. This is why we are leaving. 

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I learn that the debate is back to pre referendum level

never thought barstools only supported looking backwards

it is unlikely that Brexit will not surface after Xmas

so, what now? where to head? what to aim for?

I know what you mean. It's a real dilemma. What the fork are we going to do?

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I learn that the debate is back to pre referendum level

never thought barstools only supported looking backwards

it is unlikely that Brexit will not surface after Xmas

so, what now? where to head? what to aim for?

Is barstools an euphemism for a remainer, asking for a friend?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bannork said:

Remainers are keenly aware of the loss of so much due to Brexit. The rights to travel freely and live in Europe, the tarrif free trade, the sense of belonging to a continent which shares so much in culture with the UK.

How many Muslims from the EU migrate to the UK?

I gave you a ...????....for that one....:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Going to get those oranges flown over in jets are we?

How do bananas get to the UK, and you have conveniently forgot about my cabbages, now please make an effort...? ????

Edited by transam
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Obtuse as ever.

Do you want to eat an orange that has been in a shipping container for three weeks or one which was picked about 30 hours previously and driven to the UK?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, why not ?

Fresh produce is flown into the UK from all around the World already

And how much is that orange going to cost compared to an orange from Spain?

• Thanks 2