UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

germany had the right idea,after a heavy night on the schnapps merkel opened germanys doors to a million goat herders from the 4th century they,ll be germanys answer to their ageing population problem.

Germany: Half of refugees find jobs within five years

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-half-of-refugees-find-jobs-within-five-years/a-52251414

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vogie said:

Your posts are just bitter schoolyard nonsense, it reminds me of the husband who divorced her husband 4 years ago and still has to keep sending her sad messages like, "I never loved you anyway" "I don't believe the child we had is mine" "It would have been been better if I had never met you"

You know full well that it is the UK that is leaving the EU but continually say "Englanders" we are English, this can method of posting can only be described as baiting. If you cannot post without all these pathetic snide remarks, why bother at all, you are just embarrassing yourself.

Keep some of your postings in the mirror ......???? same but from opposite side ....

????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnpetersen said:

Lived in Germany for 25 years....Merkel is nobody's fool. The goat herders referred to (to which the above post was  replying) were the highly educated, upper middle-class goat herders....the ones who had the money to escape. I had two Syrian neighbours.....one was a cardiac-surgeon, the other a neurosurgeon. She knew exactly what she was doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, transam said:

Think you will find that anything in UK waters belongs to the UK, can do what they like with it, after all, we have left the EU, and what's in our fields and waters, hopefully, we will be in complete control of.... ????

I don't know how many times I have to post this very easy to understand fact. We already sold a lot of our quotas to other countries. 

2093536404_Screenshot2020-07-04at09_00_01.png.a08f22bd67722cbc1ea8e86bcf306778.png 

"I'm alarmed at how bad the level of foreign ownership really is - it far exceeds my worst expectations," said Paul Lines, from Fishing for Leave, a pro-Brexit group within the British fishing industry

"I fear government action will change nothing, and we're still going to be dominated by a foreign presence."

You see it doesn't matter how much you adore your rich Tory "slavemasters", they don't care about you. The 4 families that owned most of England's fishing rights saw the chance to make a quick buck in the 1990s, do you really imagine they thought "What about my country"  as they sold out. 

So I suggest the less talk of our fishing rights by Brexiteers, the less embarrassing the subject will be to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Think you will find that anything in UK waters belongs to the UK, can do what they like with it, after all, we have left the EU, and what's in our fields and waters, hopefully, we will be in complete control of.... ????

I suppose it's possible the UK consumer could develop a taste for squid and pickled herring instead of cod.

Edited by tebee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I don't know how many times I have to post this very easy to understand fact. We already sold a lot of our quotas to other countries. 

2093536404_Screenshot2020-07-04at09_00_01.png.a08f22bd67722cbc1ea8e86bcf306778.png 

"I'm alarmed at how bad the level of foreign ownership really is - it far exceeds my worst expectations," said Paul Lines, from Fishing for Leave, a pro-Brexit group within the British fishing industry

"I fear government action will change nothing, and we're still going to be dominated by a foreign presence."

You see it doesn't matter how much you adore your rich Tory "slavemasters", they don't care about you. The 4 families that owned most of England's fishing rights saw the chance to make a quick buck in the 1990s, do you really imagine they thought "What about my country"  as they sold out. 

So I suggest the less talk of our fishing rights by Brexiteers, the less embarrassing the subject will be to them.

The DUP were thrown under the bus in the blink of an eye........the Fishing Industry will be thrown overboard in the blink of an eye......... all to secure a deal on Financial services.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, tebee said:

I suppose it's possible the UK consumer could develop a taste for squid and pickled herring instead of cod.

And why not, what ever takes your fancy...

After all, It's a free world outside the EU, eh...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, david555 said:

No...only trying to make clear the reality that the ever hoping brexit strategy to get a free ticket to E.U. benefits wont work ...try another U.K. negotiator and same result it shall be ...Out means out .

Prepare to bear your " Democratic 52% choice " and the consequenses....

4 years trying ...never walked away ....pathetic....????

what eu benefits? freedom of movement?

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Here's another easy to understand fact (for some): quotas are set by the EU. After 2020 the UK will set any quotas that might become available.

The EU will not have a say unless it is allowed to by the UK. FIshing rights are not the same as quotas and new legislation can change everything.

All people who buy a share of the quota whether UK persons/ companies or foreign persons/companies, have rights established in law over what they have bought. Otherwise international trade with anyone would be impossible. It  is interesting to hear such far left wing views from you, what you appear to be saying amounts to re-nationalisation without compensation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

snip

The fishing rights sold by those mainly Scottish families may suddenly disappear under new UK legislation.  I wonder if they are SNP supporters too?

They are on the rich list, about as likely to vote SNP as pigs are to fly, same for the border landowners, Tories obviously. 

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

funny how a few cods and the odd herring can virtually dominate a debate on the future of UK

And the odd thing is there's not even a lot of cod in British waters - we import most of of it !

(more than 95% of the cod we eat in the UK comes from sustainable stocks in Iceland and the Barents Sea)

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, vinny41 said:

show me the post where I stated that 25th June is later than 28th June or are you posting lies

Stock reaction when people get things wrong, start claiming lies.

You should read your Post 407 again.

1 hour ago, tebee said:

And the odd thing is there's not even a lot of cod in British waters - we import most of of it !

(more than 95% of the cod we eat in the UK comes from sustainable stocks in Iceland and the Barents Sea)

if they cannot afford cod,let them eat haddock.