UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do you think it will be more or less expensive compared to one which was moved by trucks?

I have no idea .

What would be cheaper ; Spanish oranges or Mexican oranges is the question .

You would have to factor in source costs , transport and tariffs and maybe a few other costs .

32 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

But when I read how much the pension is in the U.K., we in Belgium haven't to complain at all.

Nauseus, You really consider it funny that retirees in the U.K. have a small pension?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So countries in the EU can already get oranges from Brazil but the benefit for us of leaving the EU is we can now get Brazilian oranges?

Brexiteer logic right there.

Have you a fixation with oranges....?  I hope you never watched "that" film....

Now getting back to cabbages, how will our EU exit affect them...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Brexit had a bad start, thanks to Sister Theresa and Boris the Clown, four years to get out and still in!

Funny how so many Britishs are still not aware that UK is no more in EU !

Nobody in UK to tell them that Brexit is done already? :unsure:

Google:

When did the UK leave the EU?

January 31, 2020, 3:00 PM PST

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

No problem, just don't go claiming that the majority of the electorate voted for Brexit. You know perfectly well they didn't.

Quite obviously  he meant the majority of voters , rather than adding all the non voters into the tally

We have been stuck on this point for four years now .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So countries in the EU can already get oranges from Brazil but the benefit for us of leaving the EU is we can now get Brazilian oranges?

Brexiteer logic right there.

Twisting again. You wanted to talk oranges. I didn't.

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

No problem, just don't go claiming that the majority of the electorate voted for Brexit. You know perfectly well they didn't.

I was being sarcastic, if you want to twist numbers that is entirely up to you, best to keep it simple 52% voted out 48% voted in, you lose, see how simple that is. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Quite obviously  he meant the majority of voters , rather than adding all the non voters into the tally

We have been stuck on this point for four years now .

Well he should have said that then!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Nauseus, You really consider it funny that retirees in the U.K. have a small pension?

No Lucky, I consider it funny that you always bring up you glorious Belgian pension when it has nothing to do with the running topic.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Funny how so many Britishs are still not aware that UK is no more in EU !

Nobody in UK to tell them that Brexit is done already? :unsure:

Google:

When did the UK leave the EU?

January 31, 2020, 3:00 PM PST

You're a bit late with that one.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I was being sarcastic, if you want to twist numbers that is entirely up to you, best to keep it simple 52% voted out 48% voted in, you lose, see how simple that is. 

No, you were implying the majority of the electorate voted to leave, especially with your aside about only 34% voting to remain. You should also have mentioned that only 37% voted to leave.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Of course it is true that the UK delegated some of its decision making power to EU institutions, however, that was done voluntarily and ratified by the UK Houses of Parliament. So you can't really argue that the UK lost sovereignty, whatever sovereignty it ceded was ceded voluntarily. More importantly, as Brexit has shown this delegation of sovereignty could be revoked at any time.

So Brexit is the ultimate proof that the narrative which led to Brexit is wrong, that Britain was supposedly not a sovereign nation, the UK Houses of Parliament took back whatever delegation it made to EU institutions.  How would that be possible if the UK Houses of Parliament were no longer the ultimate instance of sovereignty?

Well you correctly have described how the UK delegated some of its decision making power to EU institutions. SInce joining, the next huge step was the Maastricht Treaty, which, as you say, was ratified by Parliament. But I can and will argue that the UK did lose sovereignty over time, even though this loss was ratified (very close votes) by Parliament. However, these losses occurred when further referenda should have been held in the UK, as they were in some other european countries. I believe that the EU idea would have been firmly rejected by a UK referendum in 1992.

Yes, importantly, as Brexit has shown this delegation of sovereignty was able to be stopped/revoked. But how long would the ability to actually have national referendums have existed for had we stayed in? It would have been far better to have had the referendum in 1992, then we could have been out before the creation of this overtly political EU, rather than the economic bloc that most thought we were joining in 1972 and 1975. The narrative that Britain was no longer a sovereign nation was true, if you consider sovereignty in its complete and full sense.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, bannork said:

No, you were implying the majority of the electorate voted to leave, especially with your aside about only 34% voting to remain. You should also have mentioned that only 37% voted to leave.

The UK voted to leave .

37 % voted to leave 

34 % voted to remain 

29 % didnt bother to vote 

We all know that .

Four years since then.....................time to move on and to stop the repetitiveness

(Yes, I KNOW he said "Electorate" and I will ask him NOT to say that word again, OK ?)

*Please use the word *Voters* instead of "Electorate" in future* 

Happy now ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I think on the contrary it is relevant.

It shows that every member of the E.U. has a free choice of govern, and what their priorities are.

The Belgian government decided to give a decent  pension to their elderly, this include the veterans.

What is decent for us, is glorious for you.

I can understand your feeling, when I read here the amounts, and how some veterans are treated.

I only conclude from this  that the U.K. has other priorities.

But in no way they were/are dictated by the E.U..

All it shows is that state pensions are not yet under EU control. Every EU member state is losing more sovereign control but you won't see that.

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wasn't implying anything, remember if we say 48% remain and 52% leave it is as clear as a whistle, but when you you try to be disingenuous and try and twist numbers to suit your narrative it becomes tediously boring. Why should I have mentioned only 37% voted to leave when you come out with your favourite slogan of "only 37% voted to leave, but you never ever mention that only 34% voted to remain. Why are you so bothered when you have hardly set foot in the UK for 35 years.

Your words:  The remainers were so selfish that they ignored what the majority of the electorate voted for, remember only 34% of our population wanted to remain in the EU, now they are nursing their wounds and thinking of what could have been.'

So you say the majority of the electorate, implying over 50% of those who voted, as you know not true, it was only 37%, and then you throw in the 34% of the total voters who chose remain.

37% to 34%, it's not a lot of difference on such an important issue.

I reckon we'll be clamouring to rejoin once no deal kicks in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Your words:  The remainers were so selfish that they ignored what the majority of the electorate voted for, remember only 34% of our population wanted to remain in the EU, now they are nursing their wounds and thinking of what could have been.'

So you say the majority of the electorate, implying over 50% of those who voted, as you know not true, it was only 37%, and then you throw in the 34% of the total voters who chose remain.

37% to 34%, it's not a lot of difference on such an important issue.

I reckon we'll be clamouring to rejoin once no deal kicks in.

You reckon what you want, this is the last time I will say this as you seem to be hankering for an argument. 52% voted out, 48% voted to remain, you lost, move on with your life, your constant sloganeering will not change anything.