UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Yes.

We will all lose part of our prosperity.

The UK and the EU.

That's why Brexit is nonsense.

But the UK will bleed more than the EU.

I read yesterday that 4 EU member states are really thinking of bailing the EU, and there's you and others going round in circles trashing the UK every day here...????

Can today, you EU lot, move away from oranges to say, eeeer, cabbages, thank you..:clap2:

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

taking back of control will be there forever, as a sovereign nation again. 

Thats is what the EU and Remainers still underestimate. 

It's not that I underestimate it - I simply don't understand it. What control have we lost? How will life feel better when we have regained it? What are the characteristics of a sovereign nation that I can look forward to?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It's not that I underestimate it - I simply don't understand it. What control have we lost? How will life feel better when we have regained it? What are the characteristics of a sovereign nation that I can look forward to?

What about cabbages....? ????

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bannork said:

Chlorinated chicken, lower food standards from the US, less workers/ human rights, more expensive imports, fish for every meal. But it's all worth it because you, sorry I meant the powers to be, are 'in control'.

What a load of guess work.......????

........Now can you tell me your thoughts on our EU problems with cabbages, please..:thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

Brexit had a bad start, thanks to Sister Theresa and Boris the Clown, four years to get out and still in!

I totally agree with your assessment of Mrs May failure in basically everything she put her hand to, but I'm sure that there are many remainers and revokers (same thing really) that given another chance would jump at the opportunity of settling for Mays Brino deal. Her deal was staying in anyway, but when you get greedy and are not willing to compromise or even give an inch you deserve to lose everything. The remainers were so selfish that they ignored what the majority of the electorate voted for, remember only 34% of our population wanted to remain in the EU, now they are nursing their wounds and thinking of what could have been.

But why you have to include Boris in your post is a total mystery, Boris did everything, and more asked of him. Remember parliament was at a logjam and full of remainers unwilling to accept the wishes of a democratic referendum, Brilliant Boris had the nous to offer the UK a general election and see what the British public thought of the MPs that were trying to stifle Brexit, history shows that the electorate wasn't too happy with the antics of our elected MPs and voted most the MPs that were playing games out, making room for MPs that would carry out the wishes of our people, basically Boris turned a remainer parliament into a parliament that would work for the people, but you will always get the remainers trying to blame everyone else but themselves. It was the Labour Party that were going to vote againgst anything that the Tories offered them and now remainers throughout the land are regretting their self centered approach to leaving the EU.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But that is the point - those issues Bannork raised are very real and credible points. I have asked many times what positives we can expect from Brexit, yet after a year of campaigning before the referendum and 4 years of preparation afterwards, leavers are still unable to point to anything positive, persistently resorting to meaningless slogans as if they actually mean anything at all.  

Chlorinated chicken is a slogan as is "only 37% voted for Brexit, it is all some remainers have.

• Haha 1

Just now, vogie said:

Chlorinated chicken is a slogan as is "only 37% voted for Brexit, it is all some remainers have.

Well rather than fighting slogan with slogan, how about putting forward something credible? How can the average man or woman in the street, who pays no attention to politics and is not overly concerned about the notion of sovereignty, expect to benefit from Brexit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Well rather than fighting slogan with slogan, how about putting forward something credible? How can the average man or woman in the street, who pays no attention to politics and is not overly concerned about the notion of sovereignty, expect to benefit from Brexit?

But you don't know what's going to happen in the future, so why ask folk here, cos it is a new road, a road that you haven't got the balls to go down, you just want apron strings to feel all cuddly too.

Now how about my cabbages, you can look in your.......crystal-ball-e1535662259363.jpg.075d2b1e096cc04521b58ddba5678e1e.jpg

......and tell me.................????

• Confused 1

Never understood and still don't understand this E.U. thing.

I know that all Belgians, employed, non-employed, retired, received 2% increase on their monthly payment, as we usually do every year.

Now I don't know if we will still received it next year.

It is my opinion that the E.U. has nothing to say in the internal politics of a country member of the Union.

Which for the majority of the "man in the street" is all what counts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Let me help you here mate. After 5 years we still can not get any answers from Brexiteers. The slogans dont work any more. The EU has not capitulated. The Empire has still not reappeared. The easiest deal in history is still MIA.

What will be the ONLY benefit of Brexit will be the break up of the UK. Scottish independence and a united Ireland.

Oh and a welcome back to the EU for Scotland within a year of independence being gained.

But all we get from remainers is guesses, nothing more, nothing less, the "crystal Ball Brigade".....

You see, I am not going to be like you and guess, no crystal ball, for me what counts is the UK once again can control itself. Nothing more, nothing less...Fresh air again..

After all, there were folk that didn't like the UK the way it was, and where are they now, gone, but remnants are still lurking in the woodwork......:whistling:

Edited by Rimmer
Picture removed
  • Haha 2

I learn that the debate is back to pre referendum level

never thought barstools only supported looking backwards

it is unlikely that Brexit will not surface after Xmas

so, what now? where to head? what to aim for?

6 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I learn that the debate is back to pre referendum level

never thought barstools only supported looking backwards

it is unlikely that Brexit will not surface after Xmas

so, what now? where to head? what to aim for?

Well you, get that expensive V8 "skiff" moving......????

Edited by transam