Refused a massage for being farang!!!

greenmonkey

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And some (Yinn) on other thread's thought this was not a damaging comment and it wouldn’t influence Thai’s.

Yeah, @Yinn can be a wee bit biased, occasionally.

• Like 1

if they dont want your custom take your, and your wife's, business elsewhere.

this sort of think has been going on for years, i used to use a travel agent in bkk, one time i went in with my japanese gf, they would sell me a ticket but not her. it was very embarrassing, but we simply went elsewhere.

• Like 2

Massage shops in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai have been quite happy to have my custom.

Go where you are wanted, and have your wife inform the  masseuse she has lost not one, but two customers through her own and official stupidity.

I was getting massages while the shops were officially closed. People can work around moronic regulation if they want to, the masseuse doesn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yeah, @Yinn can be a wee bit biased, occasionally.

Borderine troll... can't make up my mind if 'she' is a local xenophobe or farang wind up merchant.

But, yeah, I think we can expect more of this type of carry-on and xenophobia/distrust of outsiders will sadly only increase.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Borderine troll... can't make up my mind if 'she' is a local xenophobe or farang wind up merchant.

But, yeah, I think we can expect more of this type of carry-on and xenophobia/distrust of outsiders will sadly only increase.

I lean to windup, because Yinn sometimes omits the pidgin English shtick.

The only example of xenophobia I've seen in Chiang Rai was a Thai-only policy at Waterford Valley Golf Club, which I gather has now been changed. That's OK, they won't ever get my business and the word has spread in the local farang golfing community. Thais forget we can be insulted too.

Edited by Lacessit

On 7/9/2020 at 4:10 AM, Upnotover said:

Reckon they did you a favour.  I had one of those with my wife.....once.  I find a soapy much more to my liking (not with the wife mind you).

Upnotover is correct...skip massage do the soapy.  I NEVER get refused.  Plus not greasy and good clean FUN.

soap2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2