Almost 7 million vulnerable people to get Bt3,000 relief payments

snoop1130

Almost 7 million vulnerable people to get Bt3,000 relief payments

By THE NATION

800_2971835bf5b97e6.jpg

People in vulnerable groups who have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis will receive Bt3,000 handouts on Monday.

Wilawan Phayanoi, deputy director-general of the Comptroller General's Department, said today (July 17) that the department will deposit the payments into the accounts of registered vulnerable people on July 20 as part of the government’s crisis-relief policy. About 6.78 million people are thought to be eligible for the payments.

“The Cabinet ordered the Social Development and Human Security Ministry to provide the payments … for children under the newborn infant subsidy scheme, those receiving elderly allowances, and disabled people who have registered with the ministry,” said Wilawan.

“The ministry agreed to offer payments of Bt1,000 per month per person retroactively from May to July, to be made in a single payment on July 20.

“To be eligible for the handout, candidates must have received no money from other government Covid-19 relief schemes, which include the Finance Ministry’s 'Rao Mai Thing Gun' [We leave no one behind] campaign, the Agriculture Ministry’s handouts for farmers, and Social Security payments,” she said.

“The money will be deposited directly into accounts where recipients usually receive their allowances,” added Wilawan.

“For those who usually receive money in cash from a local agency, the department will transfer the handout to those agencies to distribute to recipients.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391497

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-17

The money will be deposited directly into accounts where recipients usually receive their allowances,” added Wilawan.

This is In Addition to the payments they already receive ..................................

It is amazing how many people do not have a bank account-----especially up in Issan, I was in the land office a while back and the guy in front of my had to do a Thumb print --for signature.

A side girl I had in Pattaya ---many years ago, used to give the money to a 711 owner who had a brother lived near her parents---took 5%

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

It is amazing how many people do not have a bank account-----especially up in Issan, I was in the land office a while back and the guy in front of my had to do a Thumb print --for signature.

A side girl I had in Pattaya ---many years ago, used to give the money to a 711 owner who had a brother lived near her parents---took 5%

Thumb prints can be used on all govt docs and banks. Think you'll find most have bank accounts. Not sure how know so many don't. If you have ID you can get a bank account. 

57 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thumb prints can be used on all govt docs and banks. Think you'll find most have bank accounts. Not sure how know so many don't. If you have ID you can get a bank account. 

And, if my memory serves me right, on our 90 day forms and visa forms ?, It says signature or thumbprint.

• Like 1

Everytime I am waiting for the wife at BAAC in Noen Maprang the guard is always helping someone really old do a thumb print.  Yes,  everytime!  Sometimes 2 people.   Coincidence....  Well every time I go through Wang Sai Phun during the day I see a disabled guy riding an ATV.  Not in the same spot,  sometimes going West,  sometimes going East or just sitting talking to someone.  Freaky huh!   ????

I know some people who are getting it,wives of Farangs,

who are obviously not the target that needs the money,

and a Thai who is in prison for murder ,I hope they do a 

check on all the applications,but too late when they have

already gotten the money.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Am pretty sure both my mother- and brother-in-law are entitled to this, but likely won't get it as they have been oblivious to all the handouts to date.

They receive 700 (MiL for age) and 800 (BiL for mental handicap), they recieve it in cash at a table set up in the village. Will be interesting to see if they get this on Monday.

There are many in Thai villages everywhere, not just Issan, who have never been inside a bank, and so never had an account. It's a real handicap not being able to read and write which compounds the problem. My FiL kept my wife away from schooling so unfortunately her skills are too low to help.

I am sure they are not alone.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The money will be deposited directly into accounts where recipients usually receive their allowances,” added Wilawan.

This is In Addition to the payments they already receive ..................................

Bullcrap. 90% of the Farmers in my village have had nothing. However returnees from Pattaya, Phuket etc have been given the 5,000 baht per monthe for 3 months.  Figure that out.

Just now, Varrius said:

Farmers in my village have had nothing.

Farmers are supposedly  eligible for a different set of handouts  than those who had possibly paid some social security payment..though there where lots of Pattaya people refused as they where  technically in the governments records listed as farmers. :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Varrius said:

Bullcrap. 90% of the Farmers in my village have had nothing. However returnees from Pattaya, Phuket etc have been given the 5,000 baht per monthe for 3 months.  Figure that out.

It seems a simple statement to read------has nothing whatsoever to do with farmers

If you can not figure it out Varrius......... Oh I see that Johng has given you half the answer......try hard to read the statement again the other half just may come to you..............................or maybe not ...????

“The Cabinet ordered the Social Development and Human Security Ministry to provide the payments … for children under the newborn infant subsidy scheme, those receiving elderly allowances, and disabled people who have registered with the ministry,said Wilawan.

21 hours ago, Saltire said:

Am pretty sure both my mother- and brother-in-law are entitled to this, but likely won't get it as they have been oblivious to all the handouts to date.

They receive 700 (MiL for age) and 800 (BiL for mental handicap), they recieve it in cash at a table set up in the village. Will be interesting to see if they get this on Monday.

There are many in Thai villages everywhere, not just Issan, who have never been inside a bank, and so never had an account. It's a real handicap not being able to read and write which compounds the problem. My FiL kept my wife away from schooling so unfortunately her skills are too low to help.

you deserve a medal for supporting such a disadvantaged/disabled family.

• Thanks 1

we have lived here for 24 years. Initially, it was enjoyable to live in a country where little is taken seriously. Later, we learned that we really ought not to let the ''never mind'' get to us. Doing something positive - works for us - and works for whomever my wife and I help.

Edited by paddypower
  • Like 1

I think there is some confusion about pensions,  subsidies and farmer support payments.   There are things some of you don't know so it makes things difficult to have a full discussion re: social security.  One thing is obvious I think you all would agree is that support for the infirmed and elderly is below par by a long shot.  Many families are taking care of their elders because that's the only way the old folk can survive. 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, Grumpy John said:

I think there is some confusion about pensions,  subsidies and farmer support payments.   There are things some of you don't know so it makes things difficult to have a full discussion re: social security.  One thing is obvious I think you all would agree is that support for the infirmed and elderly is below par by a long shot.  Many families are taking care of their elders because that's the only way the old folk can survive. 

Agree that the elderly and disabled are neglected financially.

My M-in-L and F-in-law are both late 70's and get 700 baht a month pension. They are lucky to be reasonably fit and so are both economically active - she grows a few vegetables and makes plaa raa, he grows a couple of rai of rice (some times) and keeps about 4 pigs. But even with this, could they seriously avoid slow starvation if the family didn't help them? 23 baht a day doesn't buy much!

My Thai B-in-L and his wife have a 100% disabled son - they get 500 baht a month for him - 17 baht a day - not even enough to buy the diapers he needs. Also needs 24 hour care, which means they can only work part-time.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, Varrius said:

I understand that farmers are on Ministry grants regardless. If registered. Returnees speak for themselves.

So not any kind of ..........

Edited by Traubert
Addition

On 7/17/2020 at 9:24 PM, kickstart said:

And, if my memory serves me right, on our 90 day forms and visa forms ?, It says signature or thumbprint.

never noticed that, next time will be my thumbprint ;()

Edited by A512

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, Saltire said:

Update: 3 weeks later my MiL and BiL are to get their 3000 Baht payments tomorrow.

This will be their first ever covid-related payment.