Aston Martin worth 27 million baht seized as "Forex 3D" ponzi investigation continues

rooster59

Aston Martin worth 27 million baht seized as "Forex 3D" ponzi investigation continues

am.JPG

Image: Daily News

Department of Special Investigations officers went to a house in Nong Or, Ban Pong, Ratchaburi where they seized a 27 million baht Aston Martin Vanquish.

The luxury car belongs to the wife of one of the people who is alleged to have run the "Forex 3D" ponzi scheme. 

Investigators are preparing around twenty warrants for arrests in the case many of whom are part of the same family.

The wife said she would surrender to police at the end of the month. 

The case continues.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-18

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

a 27 million baht Aston Martin Vanquish.

Hahahaha 27 mil for one .. gotta be one of the stand out headlines of the week .. it must have extra unobtainium with everything else encrusted in diamonds for that .. 

5 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha 27 mil for one .. gotta be one of the stand out headlines of the week .. it must have extra unobtainium with everything else encrusted in diamonds for that .. 

gotta love them import taxes !!

29 minutes ago, Susco said:

Oh the envy.

image.png.2f3fb7dee85c704845313d86711f1c7e.png

And that is US price, add about 280% to that for Thailand prices

Yes, but the article says it's "worth" 27 million baht. It most certainly is not worth that much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, but the article says it's "worth" 27 million baht. It most certainly is not worth that much.

Did you fire up your calculator and added 280% to 10 million?

It will certainly cost 27 Million here

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/aston-martin

Aston Martin Cars in Thailand

Currently 4 Aston Martin cars are available for sale in Thailand. Aston Martin offers 3 Coupe, 2 Convertibles and 1 Sedan in the country. The lowest price Aston Martin model is the V8 Vantage THB 14.5 Million and the highest price model is the Vanquish at THB 25.5 Million.

https://www.9carthai.com/aston-martin-price/

image.png.a06dae7ce3349ba7c6acf846c5519230.png

Edited by Susco

What is it with most criminals?

If I decided to take it up as a career, I sure as hell would not flaunt my wealth in this manner. Under the radar, but living a good life. Set up a legitimate business later when older, and then do a bit of show ( but not much)

It seems there is a national obsession with 'show' and look what I have, and then you come tumbling down. (Unless of course, you are a politician in the current party, or very well connected) ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The luxury car belongs to the wife of one of the people who is alleged to have run the "Forex 3D" ponzi scheme.

I wonder what any wife of girlfriend would have to do before I give her a 27 million THB car. She must be WOW - I am seeing stars,,,

16 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

TIT

The price of something and the value are completely different.

The car’s worth 4m at best.

British cars are (in)famous for electrical problems.  Can't imagine how they would be after the "don't know what a ground wire is" brigade does some maintenance on them.

9 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

Must need the time to hide other assets (or pay off some important people!).

Or hoping the cops will wait, giving her time to flee the country, seems she's got no limit on funds.

5 minutes ago, woogoo said:

It's amazing how they tax cars in this country. That same car sells for around 9 million in the states.

The reason for the taxes is to keep the domestic sales of locally built, bottom of the range cars up.

BMW and (I think) MB assemble locally but they cannot source enough quality local parts and materials to qualify for the lower tax brackets so their cars are still 3-4 times the price that they sell for in the UK.