I hate Streetwalkers.......

EVENKEEL

You know who you are. You're out there walking the street with no sidewalks. No you're not getting from point A to B, no you're getting some exercise. How about finding some desolate road where you don't bother us. Is it not enough we have Motorbikes driving on the wrong side, cars pulling out without even caring about Motorbikes. Motorbikes with sidecarts. No, apparently that's not enough because here come the streetwalkers early in the morning taking my real estate from me on my motorbike.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Were they in short mini skirts and thigh high boots......those are the streetwalkers I thought about when I saw the OP.....

You see if they were the regular mini skirted streetwalkers I'd have no problems, no these are the old guys going for a walk where there are no sidewalks and alot of speeding cars and only one lane each way.

9 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Apparently not the usual we associate with the term "streetwalkers" but actual people walking? 

Someone needs a lesson in tolerance then!

I knew what would catch the attention of lecherous older men, I can tolerate alot just not stupidity. 

• Sad 1

I'll translate, he is talking about people who walk in the road and get in the way of traffic. Its an arrogant thing to do to assume the traffic will move around you. Before covid you used to get groups of 3-4 men from a certain country doing it, more recently I've seen runners doing it, not even near the curb. If it's you don't do it

I would avoid China......just from my exps with them in CNX.....I ride my bicycle daily and the bell didnt seem to work, so, I added another..one for each hand..double whammy...still nothing....solution? A 10 baht whistle!

Is all chewed up as I never know when I need it, also like to troll parking "cops" with their whistling as I do a drive by, add in the kids doing the school cross walks, ice cream vendors...the thais seem to enjoy it  555

I get right up behind ya as Im ready to do a pass and give ya a quick blast on the ole whistle....be warned!

Useful as well as I ride down loy kroh daily and give a little tweet tweet to all the massage girls waving at me

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You see if they were the regular mini skirted streetwalkers I'd have no problems, no these are the old guys going for a walk where there are no sidewalks and alot of speeding cars and only one lane each way.

I have been in Thailand for more than a year with no car and no motorbike.  Since my wings have not developed yet I have little choice than to walk on the road at times when there is no sidewalk.  My head is on a swivel for fear of being run over.  It is actually the worst part of being here.

I deal with the situation the best I can.... and yet I do not cry about it.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexanInUdon said:

I have been in Thailand for more than a year with no car and no motorbike.  Since my wings have not developed yet I have little choice than to walk on the road at times when there is no sidewalk.  My head is on a swivel for fear of being run over.  It is actually the worst part of being here.

I deal with the situation the best I can.... and yet I do not cry about it.  

If you read correctly I stated I wasn't talking about folks walking point A to B. Thais only walk because they have to, but those pesky farang power walking on the street.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you read correctly I stated I wasn't talking about folks walking point A to B. Thais only walk because they have to, but those pesky farang power walking on the street.

I also walk about 9km a day for exercise,  and to get someplace to walk safely, you must also use the more undesirable roads.
Some things we just have to deal with whether we like it or not.

Getting to a main road I must use a road that is very busy and it is not built for two cars and a human.  Countless times a car or motorbike has come way closer than meets my comfort level.  

The choices are minimal.

The infrastructure and city planning has not been a strongpoint here obviously.

When I get a scooter I will try to take it to a place more conducive to walking safely.......and I will politely try to avoid those on foot regardless of their reasons for walking.

• Like 1

I hate these bloody suicidal chicken, walking on the side of road and then suddenly seeming to have a competition who can make it alive under the car to the other side.

And these sleeping dogs, trying to show the dirty farang who owns the road.

Did I forget something? 

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I knew what would catch the attention of lecherous older men, I can tolerate alot just not stupidity. 

You must have a hard time when you look at a mirror  

Edited by Grumpy one