Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

first thing a remainer does ,has a go at anyone who does not agree.typical.????

I’ve not mentioned remaining once.

However, what am I not agreeing with?

You’ve already admitted you won’t read the report and have put up no argument disputing the facts contained there within. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Greece has just announced that the future is looking good .owing to the hand out from the EU ,wonder how the people from the countrys that have to keep on propping the likes of Greece up feel? how long before they want to leave?

They don't get a choice. Millions of Germans would like to leave and don't love the EU nearly as much as the political taxpayer money recipients, ie politicians.

However, the very vast majority of Germans are taxpayer money recipients themselves, either through jobs in the overblown civil services and local government, or directly through social benefits. So they are very used to getting tax money themselves.

Only a small portion of Germans actually make money without taxpayers funding them, and they are the ones who hate high taxes, and don't love the EU very much. But it does not matter how they feel because in this democracy it is the bigger number that counts. So the recipients of taxpayer money, of which politicians, those in charge are the top slice, will decide.

Edited by Logosone

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

It's the EU states who do all the begging. The frugal four's euros all being sent South. They all have to do Merkel's bidding, "Give 750 billion for Covid, then you lot can all shut your mouths.

As for Brexit it's all getting better, for UK's future you don't have to fret. Things have improved since we got Boris, and with Dom's help we'll get better yet.

truly, you made my morning. It sounds like Dom and you ''found your way upstairs, had a smoke and somebody spoke'' ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

truly, you made my morning. It sounds like Dom and you ''found your way upstairs, had a smoke and somebody spoke'' ...

'I read the news today, oh boy. Four thousand jobs lost in one day... I'd love to rejoin, join, join......'.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

What a sad, fearful and misinformed perspective you have on life.

Well that’s obviously not my perspective on life or the UK’s future. Did you not understand my words? I’m full of hope and confidence. 

Why not try some Remainer misinformation with some tariff numbers - see if that makes you feel better, or if anybody else cares. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

UK borders are not the slightest prepared for Brexit in any form....

Below is a list of WTO tarriffs.

EeMrXcLXYAUd-fA.jpeg

Trade agreements with other countries could wipe most of these out completely.

12 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

UK borders are not the slightest prepared for Brexit in any form....

How do you know what the UK borders have/have not prepared for? I happen to know some departments have been preparing for at least two years. 

You sound like that other poster who claims to know all the inner workings of Boris’s cabinet and who’s pulling all his strings. 

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

Still nothing to worry about. Five months is plenty of time to sort out things. Besides, the EU need us more than we need them.

cause the eu needs us more than we need it,whos going to make up the shortfall of our financial contribution?glad you,ve finally saw sense.

Edited by kingdong
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RayC said:

But it won't as those deals won't be in place. Here's the list of current trade deals struck by the UK from 1/1/21.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries#trade-agreements-from-1-january-2021

Still nothing to worry about. Five months is plenty of time to sort out things. Besides, the EU need us more than we need them.

See my post above.