Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If you thought the Gilet Jaunes got nasty you haven't seen anything yet.

This can indeed be a problem for everything which is related to the U. K. in France.

They will blame Brexit, and thus the U.K..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

The communities might feel it's UK spite, after all it's the UK that wants to change the existing deals, not the EU.

The UK will lay their cards on the table for everyone to see if we leave No Deal.

They'll say this is what we proposed (something along the lines of a mutually beneficial Canada style deal with fishing access included and reviewed annually) and the EU rejected it. 

There is no way the EU can continue with this unreasonable approach and try and blame the UK. The truth always prevails in the end.

I suspect we will end up with a bare bones deal with some fishing access included. But Barnier needs to drop his ridiculous ECJ, level playing field nonsense pretty sharpish so we can move onto serious discussions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The rights were sold not leased under an existing legal framework. Brexit is now trying to change the legal framework. The sales contracts, on the other hand, are valid as long as no time limits are clearly defined. A legal wave of lawsuits will follow, because Brexit wants to break individual contracts here.

???rights sold???

right is more of a legal construct, not a thing you can sell

referring to quotas are you?

anyway,

will be difficult for UK to avoid entering into arrangements that do not exclude EU vessels from UK waters

4 minutes ago, paddypower said:

and then you find out that the UK negotiators think they're playing 'snap' - whereas the other guys are used to playing poker.

Since Treasonous May left the EU negotiators have looked pretty impotent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

I've finally found an upside to Brexit: The Irish can watch a British famine.

Hardly. UK announced an 18 million aid package to Somalia yesterday. I can't see them doing that if the gloom and doom you seem to have manufactured had any chance of materialising.

30 minutes ago, paddypower said:

what a sad history of mismanagement by the British government. thse arguing for a ''return of our fisheries'' are either ignorant of history or have conveniently short memories. The same goes for ''Take back control'' and the fools who believed in an idealistic call to past glories. I pity you Brexiteers.

So what is the history lesson here? 

35 minutes ago, RayC said:

Indeed, very unreasonable of the EU not to accept the UK's demands which amount to: 

We want unrestricted access to your markets.

We reserve the right to offer financial assistance to our companies operating in those markets, so that we can undercut local competition.

We reserve the right not to apply the minimum standards by which local competition operates.

We do not accept that any disputes should be judged by the relevant judiciary overseeing the EU market

We require that any changes adopted by our national parliament in future, which do not comply with your regulations, do not adversely affect the ability of our companies to do business in your markets.

Got a link to the official list? Not that I don't believe you or anything, just for my records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I've finally found an upside to Brexit: The Irish can watch a British famine.

and the brits wont have to support the new lame duck members from eastern europe and the balkans that are about to join before the whole edifice comes tumbling down .

as the EU will in the not to distant future..its like a giant ponzi scheme