Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

1 minute ago, stouricks said:

Not wanting to turn this into a Thai-bashing answer, but do 1 in 6 wear helmets when riding motorbikes, have insurance, licences.

You can run with this statement Stouricks, as it can be so fluid. I think you shud be throwing figures out like 1 in 10, 1 in 15, Christ! even 1 in 50, and you still wud be probably accurate. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Rayong closed the whole city, right?

Yes, good idea. 

Make sure not spread. I think it be successful.

Now change the rule, will not repeat.

will you have vaccine?

Edited by Yinn
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You see, they are used to this thing called 'freedom'   It's the ability to think independently for ones self and to make your own decisions, as an individual.

It's something that Thailand has never had. Citizens here cannot speak out against the government, and the defamation laws forbid even the truth.

Their decisions may be unwise, yes, selfish, maybe yes, but at least they have the options, unlike the Thai population that are taught to conform and not think or object. 

Unbelievable - huh!  ????

You can't change it........ so why bother.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You see, they are used to this thing called 'freedom'   It's the ability to think independently for ones self and to make your own decisions, as an individual.

It's something that Thailand has never had. Citizens here cannot speak out against the government, and the defamation laws forbid even the truth.

Their decisions may be unwise, yes, selfish, maybe yes, but at least they have the options, unlike the Thai population that are taught to conform and not think or object. 

Unbelievable - huh!  ????

The freedom and independent thinking that you speak of comes from youtube channels and news sources that care more about clicks and advertisements than about the truth. It is absolutely, fantastically hilarious to watch the new generation of facebook idiots proclaiming masks are a fraud then a month later die of corona virus.

I don't know if I would get a vaccine or not. I am pretty sure I got corona at some point. Would I take it if I knew I could kill my mother with a virus? Yea, probably yes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

I don't know if I would get a vaccine or not. I am pretty sure I got corona at some point. Would I take it if I knew I could kill my mother with a virus? Yea, probably yes. 

Good for you. Well done that man. ????

Just now, meechai said:

I am neither here not there about who takes what but.......

When I see someone like you who otherwise seems intelligent say such a silly thing I wonder.....

Obviously your pro vaccination so that is fine & you will have it if it materializes but.... Why the vitriol towards someone who does not want it?

Where you the same every year towards anyone previously? If someone didn't take say the Polio vaccine would you want them also cast into outer darkness?

Do you not believe in your vaccine? You took it so does your worry not end there?

On a side note my Thai cousin is a lifetime polio wheelchair case as she contracted Polio as a child in Thailand after receiving the Polio Vaccination

(hot batch happens more often than many realize)

But on the good side the Queen of Thailand has a program for such folks & has taken care of her/supported her in school etc.

Because in general vaccines help more then they don't those that not want to take it want to benefit from others without themselves taking risks. Those kind of selfish people should be punished. You see it in my country in the bible belt. So yea i have a thing against anti vaxers. 

Also the risks are low (this will be tested well) and I believe in that without some stick you get more and more selfish people who want a free ride. I doubt they will release a vaccine that has serious risks not when its for the whole world.

You can't deny that over all the vaccines safe more lives then they ever affect negatively. So why would some people then get a free ride (as a matter of speech). Let them then pay for their free ride in other ways with limitations to certain things like travel to certain countries. I for one am totally for that.

They can still refuse but have to give up something, just like those who don't refuse take a small risk for the greater good. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Because in general vaccines help more then they don't those that not want to take it want to benefit from others without themselves taking risks. Those kind of selfish people should be punished. You see it in my country in the bible belt. So yea i have a thing against anti vaxers. 

Ok that explains you ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, innosiem said:

there is absolutely no way of measuring vaccine effectiveness
so those saying they benefit everyone today are making illogical statements
you can only measure the ineffectiveness of vaccines which is at minimum 40% INeffective

i also choose not to inject my body with poison, my choice
i would even prefer to have NAS branded on my forehead than take any vaccine
so the sheep know to stay 2m away, their choice

Then that is ok, entry into Thailand for you. At least your willing to give up something for your convictions. I can respect that. I don't respect the people who want a free ride. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

And that was down to only One rogue case of an Egyptian Soldier going walkabout.

I cant imagine how the Thai Authorities will react if there were Foreign Tourists in their Country from the UK that had not been vaccinated.

Maybe another Tourist requirement for the future from Thailand will be a certificate of Vaccination.

A bit similar to being a Dog and having to have a Distemper Certificate.

Not bad at all weeds out the selfish people and makes them pay for their choices instead of having a free ride. Freedom is good as long as you pay something for it and stand behind your convictions even if it costs you something. Its not good if you want your freedom (no vaccination) but are not willing to give up something for it  but want to benefit from others taking it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3