Pattaya: Mayor Sontaya expects tourists to come in droves for long weekend

webfact

If hotel bookings are sluggish and it turns out that large numbers of tourists don't visit, then there could be a move to fill the void with foreign tourists. This will require careful planning but more businesses are suffering the longer this crisis continues. I expect the large hotel chains and mall operators to lead the calls to Government for relaxations on restrictions to foreign tourists.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thequietman said:

This is an aerial shot of tourists setting off towards Pattaya

Ha Ha .

I think the last long weekend at least half of Bangkok  turned up to drive around Pattaya, Jomtien and Sattahip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Ha Ha .

I think the last long weekend at least half of Bangkok  turned up to drive around Pattaya, Jomtien and Sattahip.

Not Thailand by a long shot, these drivers are driving on the right side of the road, plus they appear far too organized ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

Looking at the weather forecast there will be a lot of pumping going on in Pattaya this weekend. 

Looking at the anticipation on the faces of the working girls there will be a lot of pumping going on in Pattaya this weekend......

27 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I am afraid the mayor is confused and mix ''tourists'' and ''visitors''

I'm afraid Kingofthemountain is confused about the definition of what's a tourist.

tour·ist
/ˈto͝orəst/

noun
noun: tourist; plural noun: tourists
  1. 1.
    a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.
  • Haha 1

""Our guard has not fallen". Everyone will be wearing masks, handing out alcohol gel sanitizer and socially distancing, he noted."

Not reality based. I just got back from beach walk (Jomtien). My informal count: around 200-300 person sample, 3 vendors had masks on.

Masks around chins or below nose in various convenience stores.

• Like 2