Aviation authority expects sector to recover in the fourth quarter

webfact

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Just in other news say they may not open incoming  international flight before december!

Right hand don't know what left is doing!

Best way to say they are ARMLESS donk's!

Lots of confusion, this morning I spoke to a Thai embassy outside LOS, officer says if foreigner gets a COE issued the foreigner must take a Thai repatriation flight back to  LOS, cannot take a commercial flight (if they are operating).

Yesterday I spoke to the Thai ministry of health, exact opposite comment, up to you;  repat flight or commercial flight (if operating).  

• Like 2

Not really depend on Thai aviation industry, more like on the countries that the expected tourists will come from, Thai planes can fly everywhere but will they have the passengers to fill those planes this is the big mystery...

• Like 2

"the aviation business will recover during the high tourist season"

"international travel should begin at the end of the year" 

Does he not know that high season is not just from the end of the year.

What a load of nonsense.

and most of the price gouging is over christmas / new year.

As noted by others, Perhaps it will be early December with this in mind.

Edited by jojothai
clarification

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Also, if there is no second outbreak of Covid-19, international travel should begin at the end of the year which will enable recovery of the aviation business.

The above comment seems consistent with another thread here today where it was reported that regular international air travel into Thailand may not be allowed until the end of the year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

If the Covid-19 situation is resolved and Thailand can open the country for the travellers, he believes the Chinese will be the first group of potential tourists returning to Thailand with high purchasing power as the economy in China is not much affected by Covid-19.

Oh joy!!!  Let's return to where it all started... After all, they have nothing to be responsible for here.... :ninja:

• Haha 2

I seem to remember an expression from when I was young it was "the yellow peril" now it's covid19. I can't see the Chinese rushing back to Thailand they to have been out of work and unless the Thai Government gets rid of compulsory quarantine and the US$100,000 insurance requirement no tourists will come rushing back. At the moment a UK tourist would have to self quarantine on their return to the UK as well.

• Like 2

The statement about numbers needs some figuring out. It raises a few questions.

"the number of international passengers was 13,422, a 5.7-per-cent decrease from the previous week while there were 845 international flights,"

In the week thats on average about 16 passengers per flight

Surely something wrong with the numbers or how the flights are counted?

Maybe he's counting air freight flights, we will never know.

Even if we assume half were passenger flights, it would still be only 31 passengers per flight??

The figures also give some concern there's potentially a lot of people coming back into the Country, or are they all leaving?

There's over 10,000 each week. How many were coming in and going out?

If coming in - what type of people and where from?

I thought there were just "thousands" registered and struggling to get back here. Please correct me if you can provide related info.

I hope the tens of thousands were mainly returning Thais, and not thousands of special privilege guests that may be coming in under the radar. We have already seen what can happen with that.

Can anybody refer us to more info on these numbers