Leicester City launch ‘Thailand Smiles With You’ EPL campaign

snoop1130

Leicester City launch ‘Thailand Smiles With You’ EPL campaign

By THE NATION

800_6424088db9e37cb.jpg

Leicester City FC’s campaign to boost Thailand’s economic recovery from Covid-19 kicked off today in Bangkok at a grand ceremony overseen by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, Deputy PM Prawit Wongsuwan and other government bigwigs.

The campaign slogan – “Thailand Smiles With You” – will adorn shirts of the team’s players throughout the 2020/2021 premier League season, promoting Thai tourism to the world.

The project is being organised by Leicester’s owners King Power along with the Tourism and Sports Ministry and Tourism Authority of Thailand.

“‘Thailand Smiles With You’ is one of the projects King Power Group proposed in reply to the prime minister’s request for private sector support in reducing hardship suffered by Thai people and restoring the country’s economy,” said Leicester City chairman and King Power CEO Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabh.

He added that Thailand was renowned globally for its famous “Thai smile” – a universal symbol of care and moral support understood by everyone regardless of race, language, gender or age.

The campaign will reach 4.7 billion EPL viewers around the world.

The “Thailand Smiles With You” motto will also adorn signboards at Leicester’s King Power Stadium as well as the club’s 13 million social media followers.

LCFC players also star in the special “Thailand Smiles With You” short film to be broadcast in Thailand and across the globe.

Meanwhile 10,000 replica shirts adorned with the campaign motto will go on sale at Bt2,500 apiece, with all proceeds donated to Ramathibodi Hospital’s Covid-19 vaccine development programme and other vaccine initiatives supported by the Thai government. The shirts can be pre-ordered from today at WWW.THAILANDSMILESWITHYOU.COM.

PM Prayut said King Power’s international network provided a strong outlet to promote Thailand since Leicester City FC has about a billion fans around the world.

The campaign would help attract global travellers to Thailand and boost the economy once everything was in place to receive tourists, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/sport/30391823?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-23

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

PM Prayut said King Power’s international network provided a strong outlet to promote Thailand since Leicester City FC has about a billion fans around the world.

Oh please no .. a billion .! Is he for real saying that .. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

For a try to be professional, this is one of the worst pictures I´ve seen. You would think that Leicester would have money enough to print real shirt for a photo shoot. The "Thailand Smiles with You" print is clearly photoshop made on this picture.

And Jamie Vardy has suddenly become the world's widest footballer. This is him in normal size....

image.png.acd14f4e73ba3f5f3b24a91ae503e4e5.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

And Jamie Vardy has suddenly become the world's widest footballer. This is him in normal size....

image.png.acd14f4e73ba3f5f3b24a91ae503e4e5.png

At least he's smiling.  Wonder why they used such miserable expressions for a "smiles with you" promotion, although most likely the reality behind the famous Thai smile.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Berti said:

It can't get more ridiculous than to advertise tourism for a country with closed borders.

it's not ridiculous, it's everything they have ever wanted.

Total control of who enters and in very limited numbers, while gaining face around the World with the lack of domestic cases and self-aggrandising promotions like this one.

Now that the Thai military have thrown their support behind LCFC, I want them to get absolutely destroyed in every game they play, and I hope I am not alone in that. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

For a try to be professional, this is one of the worst pictures I´ve seen. You would think that Leicester would have money enough to print real shirt for a photo shoot. The "Thailand Smiles with You" print is clearly photoshop made on this picture.

It looks like it was done by the locals, which, if so, was probably charged to the client at exorbitant commercial rates and then fobbed off to the lowest bid editor.

It also looks the same as every other Thai Football poster stamped on the bus stops.

If you want a real laugh, look at the recent Miss Grand photography and runway coverage - absolutely hilarious to see them cut every single corner possible while pretending to be competitors for Miss Universe.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Leicester City players certainly had a lot to smile about when they last visited the country. Although it didn't work out too well for anyone involved, especially King Power.

Last time they visited was for the funeral of the clubs owner khun Vichai in 2018 and you claim they had a lot to smile about? what's wrong with you.

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Total control of who enters and in very limited numbers, while gaining face around the World with the lack of domestic cases and self-aggrandising promotions like this one.

Now that the Thai military have thrown their support behind LCFC, I want them to get absolutely destroyed in every game they play, and I hope I am not alone in that. 

Only one game to go this season and thats against Manchester United on Sunday

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

OH dear..........how to turn a football shirt advertisement , into a conspiracy theory........where's my tin foil when I need it.....

image.png.0cdc97b92d1c9bc3c6a2a4a309d9e711.png

• Thanks 1