All charges dropped against Red Bull heir accused in death of police officer

ExPat2Bee

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/23/asia/red-bull-vorayud-yoovidhya-charges-dropped-intl/index.html

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)Charges have been dropped against the heir to the Red Bull energy drink empire, Vorayud Yoovidhya, related to the death of a Thai policeman in 2012, Thai police say.

Colonel Sampan Luangsajjakul of the Royal Thai Police told CNN "we were informed by Office of Attorney General about their final decision not to indict Mr. Vorayuth Yoovidhya on June 12. So we have proceeded to inform him (Yoovidhya) about the decision and the revocation of arrest warrant."

A letter sent to Yoovidhya at his home in Bangkok by Thonglor Police Station and seen by CNN says: "Office of the Attorney General have decided to acquit Mr. Vorayuth Yoovidhya on all charges." National Police Commissioner "has not objected the decision" and "we have proceeded to revoke arrest warrant." The document didn't elaborate.
Vorayuth Yoovidhya, 28, was behind the wheel of his Ferrari on September 3, 2012, when it collided with an on-duty policeman on a motorbike in downtown Bangkok leading to the death of the police officer. Yoovidhya was subsequently charged with drink driving, negligent death and committing a hit and run.
CNN has reached out to Red Bull for comment.
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, poohy said:

And there you have it ,money can buy your freedom here in Thailand

Albeit in this case lots and lots of money!

I don't think having money alone gets you off here in Thailand. 

I think it's more a case of being in the small elite club that hold the monopoly on just about every item for sale in this country. 

• Like 1

My religious buddy tells me the world is in the final battle between good and evil.

Apparently the worst evil deeds are going to be excused so as people give up all semblance of justice and law and order. 

I always thought he was a bit nutty but lately you gotta wonder.

He also predicts G. Maxwell will get let off free with "lack of real evidence"

Terrible and bizzare decisions been made all over the world lately. 

My Thai friends In The Horsy community   so mainly Hiso  people many in the Army,  Business and Government service say word is  he  back handed over 500million Baht to get a Get Out of Jail free card ,,

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

The best things in life are free
But you can keep them for the birds and bees
Now give me money
(That's what I want)
That's what I want
(That's what I want)
That's what I want, yeah (that's what I want)

Money don't get everything, it's true
What it don't get, I can't use
Now give me money
(That's what I want)
That's what I want
(That's what I want)
That's what I want, yeah (that's what I want)

37 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Don't all these important people who cling to their positions and fear losing face have any shame when their actions make them lose face, credibility and any sense of decency before the world?

No. Obviously not.

Expect nothing from these low life and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Please tell me, you couldnt find him for years.

But when you want to drop all charges you have no trouble to find him to give him the letter at his address.

That was my first thought, too.  But I'm sure they had to send it to his legal registered address, regardless of where he is in the world.  It'll be interesting to see...

10 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Yeh the whole of America riots over the death of one black druggie criminal, whilst hundreds of thousands of kids go missing every year

Sold to perverts to rape and murder with impunity and immunity

Pretty desperate deflection, even for Thaivisa :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Pretty desperate deflection, even for Thaivisa 

Maybe, but anyone who thinks that money and privilege only buy favorable legal treatment in Thailand should follow the Epstein drama and see all the photos coming out, of famous men hanging out with young Epstein girls.  I'm betting that there's millions of $$$ changing hands since he got banged up.

• Like 1

Outrageous - Thailand has just sent a message to all the wealthy mummies boys that they can do what they like when they like with impunity, in doing so it has enabled the continued entitled behaviour of spoilt little brats through every facet of society. 

There is nothing like announcing to the world that your legal system is simply ineffective. 

• Like 1

Just now, impulse said:
Just now, LomSak27 said:

Pretty desperate deflection, even for Thaivisa 

Maybe, but anyone who thinks that money and privilege only buy favorable legal treatment in Thailand should follow the Epstein drama and see all the photos coming out, of famous men hanging out with young Epstein girls.  I'm betting that there's millions of $$$ changing hands since he got banged up.

Doubling down on desperate deflections tonight.  :biggrin: But since we are talking wealth, Thailand, and getting away with murder. I'm thinking that Chalerm Yubamrungs son would be a better comparison.  

What think you Impulse?  Any better deflections tonight?!

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

Terrible and bizzare decisions been made all over the world lately. 

Those types of decisions have always probably happened. Its just easier for social media and the world to find out about them these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Doubling down on desperate deflections tonight.   But since we are talking wealth, Thailand, and getting away with murder. I'm thinking that Chalerm Yubamrungs son would be a better comparison.  

Who's deflecting?  Nobody's saying it's not despicable.  Just that it's not unique to Thailand, nor to this case. 

Of course, that doesn't fit with the Thai bashing narrative of a lot of folks posting here...

Just now, impulse said:
Just now, LomSak27 said:

Doubling down on desperate deflections tonight.   But since we are talking wealth, Thailand, and getting away with murder. I'm thinking that Chalerm Yubamrungs son would be a better comparison.  

Who's deflecting?  Nobody's saying it's not despicable.  Just that it's not unique to Thailand, nor to this case. 

Of course, that doesn't fit with the Thai bashing narrative of a lot of folks posting here...

Yeah, I hear you, too bad this unfortunate killing happened in Thailand. And as this is a Thai news forum/site, you have to figure people are concerned about it and yes find it both appalling and disgusting. 

Best of luck trying to deflect though, tough job you have. :thumbsup:

Edited by LomSak27
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExPat2Bee said:

So we have proceeded to inform him (Yoovidhya) about the decision and the revocation of arrest warrant."

So about the long running story of we don't know where he is....

Yet now that he has obviously bought his freedom you will inform him? Meaning always knew how to contact him yes?

Just another day in paradise eh boys?

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's rather difficult not to bash the legal system of any country which makes such an abhorrent decision..... 

That ‘it happens elsewhere’ does not in any way or form make this even excusable in the slightest. 

Not bashing Thai’s in General, but this is one situation where Thailand itself as a ’sovereign state’ can be bashed to pieces.... 

• Like 2