Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

Guys - chill pls. Nothing much we can do but to reconfirm our disgust.
But how about asking all the Somchais around us to stay away from 'Red Bull'?
I know it is little but then, it takes less time then going on here forever .....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Moo 2 said:

Family of the deceased must be absolutely loaded by now! That's the way it works

in developing countries, if you are rich you get away with murder.

Drunk or wealthy? Loaded means both. The US is not developing and rich DO get away with murder.

From the AP website:

Lt. Col. Thanawuth Sanguansuk from the Thong Lor police station confirmed that all charges against Vorayuth Yoovidhya had been dropped. Thanawuth said that the prosecutors who handled the prosecution of the case had informed the police last month that they have decided to drop all charges.

“Yes, they had informed us of their opinion to drop all charges. They are citing the fact the family members are compensated already,” said Thanawuth.

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

... He deserves jail for life after all he has done to waste the time and resources of the nation and to ruin its image. ...

You ARE kidding, no?

The world really doesn't care about what you perceive as Thailand and its people condoning anything.

That ruined image malarkey is all about drunk Russians shagging on Pattaya beach or cute, tattooed local lasses showing their undies on the temple steps.

Ahhh... those were the days, eh?

Truly shocking that he's got away with it. News has already gone worldwide and the condemnation is vicious to say the least

Tourists think long and hard about what if that was one of my own family

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you believe in Democracy? The people decide the laws and customs. If you're not Thai, maybe you shouldn

t be criticizing the system. The majority of Thais agree with corruption and take part in it, at all levels

I think your moral compass is way off, so let me ask you a hypotehtical question.

Let me present a situation to you that would be more akin to your financial status. I'm assuming, like most of us, you couldn't afford to pay off the justice system in the same manner the Red Bull family have. So here's a situation that's completely plausible and relative: 

Let's say your child comes home drunk. They tell you they've been drinking and speeding and they hit and killed someone. They ask you to help bury the body and destroy the evidence or else they'll go to prison. The question is:

A. Would you help your child destroy the evidence and bury the body?

B. If you answered yes to A, do you think this behviour is okay because you're helping your child?

Another boil in the face of the nation. Law and order? What is that? Only applies to us plebs. 

Anyone with at least 200 million baht here is above the law. If you have billions, you are above any and all laws. Especially the weak, morally bankrupt, and anemic army. 

At least this way things are more transparent. From what I understand, Interpol never received any request for extradition and the entire ruse was a total scam. Nobody ever looked for this murderous maggot. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I think your moral compass is way off, so let me ask you a hypotehtical question.

Let me present a situation to you that would be more akin to your financial status. I'm assuming, like most of us, you couldn't afford to pay off the justice system in the same manner the Red Bull family have. So here's a situation that's completely plausible and relative: 

Let's say your child comes home drunk. They tell you they've been drinking and speeding and they hit and killed someone. They ask you to help bury the body and destroy the evidence or else they'll go to prison. The question is:

A. Would you help your child destroy the evidence and bury the body?

B. If you answered yes to A, do you think this behviour is okay because you're helping your child?

Maybe you don't integrate into Thai society but I assure you that MANY people, not billionaires , pay a few hundred thousand to get off of this type of crime. Do you think Boss should be singled out just because he has more money than most? I have a colleague who paid 700,000 to get off. I have a friend whose son killed someone in a car and they paid 7 digits and sent him abroad. He was Mattayom 3 at the time.

To answer that question.

A. No

B. n/a

Edited by Neeranam

All coked out drives his car back to his hacienda continuous drinking calls daddy then <deleted> off out of the country.. everyone's been paid it's okay????

Wonder if it will rile the protestors up. We really dont need political protests on top of the covid crisis????

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Good,  do it, if you feel better with it.

However be aware that the majority of the Thais don't care, and it will go on like this.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Unless you are Thai, it's got nothing to do with you or your views.  Whinge against it all you like on TVF, but no point in taking any of this to heart, or indeed bothering about it at all.  The Thais don't care and are not surprised, so why should you, I presume a guest in their country, be so?  I sure don't care. 

You're a guest on this planet. With your me/me/me attitude, you are just using up valuable oxygen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

They got a lot more than that. Do you think compensation should be based on your wealth? 50,000 is what most families get.

It is in certain countries. For example fines for motoring offences are directly linked to your income in Norway.

If you're caught speeding in Norway, expect to pay a $3,000 fine on your ticket. Norway levies a fine of 10% of your annual income for speeding tickets. Alongside the fine, Norwegian law imposes a mandatory minimum 18-day jail sentence for speeds deemed excessive.

5 minutes ago, taxin said:

Let’s hope now the charges have been dropped we get less TV posters hijacking other threads with off topic comments about this guy.

to the contrary, it will be trotted out all the more frequently.

it is a perversion of justice, but i agree it is frequently inappropriately referenced by folks who lack the imagination or knowledge or intellect to support their arguments in other ways.

10 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

...and that's how you get away with it in Thailand.

You think this is somehow unique to Thailand?  I can name several instances of wealthy people skating on crimes in America for example.  And have you ever heard of Jeffrey Epstein?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2