Thailand road carnage: Pick-up carrying two tons of iron suffers "brake failure"

webfact

Thailand road carnage: Pick-up carrying two tons of iron suffers "brake failure"

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded reported that there were major delays and tailbacks on the local road of the Bang Na - Trad highway yesterday after a pile up involving three vehicles. 

A container truck came out of a container park and was crossing the local road onto the expressway mid section. 

A pick-up had come to a halt to allow it to pass but another carrying two tons of iron beams plowed into the back of the first pick-up.

Both pick-up drivers were taken to Bang Na 2 hospital by Ruam Kathanyu foundation.

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Sanga, 44, the driver of the container truck said he was on his way to Chonburi. From his elevated position he said he saw the second pick-up approaching at speed swerving left and right. He thought it had suffered brake failure.

He said he revved his engine in an attempt to get his cab clear of danger. One of his containers fell onto the road.

Police doubt this account and are investigating the incident with the help of witnesses. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-24

Ok, as a old truckie back than, this 2 tons should read more like 20 tons on such vehicle configuration and knowing the locals habits of overloading no telling how heavy this thing was but definitely not 2 tons... 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and had no lucky amulet

Nope, only those drivers that ended up in the hospital, providing they do not move to the afterlife, had there luck amulets in there trucks.

Carnage , the killing of a lot of people.

no one died, everybody had a lucky amulet or just the iron beam guy 
lucky no kill anyone today 

carnage= thai road deaths
covid = saving thai carnage road deaths..

really covid has saved more lives in Thailand than its taken Songkran Cancelled saved hundreds

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

One ton truck ton with a two ton load has to be seriously overloaded! No wonder it couldn't stop it's brakes wouldn't be designed for such a load. 

On the roof rack no less.....we see this all the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

From his elevated position he said he saw the second pick-up approaching at speed swerving left and right. He thought it had suffered brake failure.

but it won't happen to me he said  showing his anti brake failure charm to the reporter .. 

IMG_20200724_093427.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Brake failure my @ss. Just Brainless to carry a load like that.

Most of those Utes are rated only for 0.5 to 0.75 tonne Loads.

Nothing more to see here... From my room I know what happened, and so I’ll commence with my  conclusion as Bars-stool crash investigator.... 

- Overloaded pickup (we see them all the time)

- Overloaded speeding pickup (we see them all the time too)

- Lorry forcing its way out a U-Turn causing oncoming vehicles to break hard (we see that all the time too)

So what happened....   Driver the lorry figured he had the bigger vehicle and could force his way out into oncoming traffic. One pickup managed to stop in time, a heavily overloaded speeding pickup couldn’t stop in time.

There... now call me Miss Marple and bar fine me... 

• Like 1

Overloaded.....but he would have had extra big springs,helper springs

and about 4 shocks on the back axle????,standard size tyres and brakes.

driving much too fast ,so the iron bars just shot over the top when

he finally hit the back of the other pickup truck.just another day on the

roads.

regards worgeordie

Maybe the big truck should not have just pulled out, as they usually do, forcing all others to stop ? They hardly wait until the road isw empty for them, as they just have the bigger vehicle.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Why stop on a main road to let the container lorry out of a side turning? Just asking for trouble. Traffic tanking along at 80kph, not seeing that the pickup had stopped. Overloaded, can't stop in time. Momentum and inertia, overheated  brakes, Puckering arris hole. Collision, crimson arterial blood, death and destruction. 

Just another day on the roads. Could have happened anywhere in the world.

a  1  ton max  load  pickup  carrying two  tons  of steel beams, yep, completely  normal, if anything id  say underloaded, try the local fruit  guys  round here, they must have 3  tons +   on,  so  much so they are afraid to turn the steering wheel and when they stop  the whole pick  up see saws, hundreds  of  them down Phetkasem road  daily