Tourism industry expected to get Bt6.8-billion boost this weekend

rooster59

2 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Credit Cards!

Some years back I went to my SCB bank at the time I had 10 million sitting in my account I was turned down for a credit card unless I transferred a large sum into what I believe was a credit card account in other words the way I understood it to be if I wanted 10,000 baht credit I would have to have more than that amount in the c/c account by the way I had been with the bank for more than 5 years and they had records to see that I was a high end customer 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Some years back I went to my SCB bank at the time I had 10 million sitting in my account I was turned down for a credit card unless I transferred a large sum into what I believe was a credit card account in other words the way I understood it to be if I wanted 10,000 baht credit I would have to have more than that amount in the c/c account by the way I had been with the bank for more than 5 years and they had records to see that I was a high end customer 

That is normal practice here.

As soon as I see "TAT" I know I'm in for a laugh (or cry!)

I wonder where TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn got his crystal ball? Gypsy Rose Lee, or a pavement stall on Sukhumvit?

And what a great picture to accompany the article - everything is crystal clear now!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

people have to have actual cash to spend in order to travel.

Most of the Thai people I know who travel for fun, have been working, to some degree, throughout. They have just been waiting for things to open up. But then, all of them also have credit cards. 

Unfortunately, those hardest hit are the people that aren't considered "tourist" types, at least not in terms of accommodations. Maybe a day trip from time to time. 

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

LOL where you live ? In a cave in Nakhon Nowhere????? Everyone I know here has at least 1 credit card !! Bangkok is just a bubble and can’t be compared to the rest of Thailand. BUT there are much more middle class and upper-middle class people than you think! Most of them have more money/savings than the average retired expat here..even after months of Covdid. So plenty of people who still can afford to travel domestically (even more due to the stimulus)

Totally agree. Just winging farangs with insufficient funds and probably illegally acquired visas!

if your not happy in Thailand go home!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said that the long holiday weekend from July 25 to 28 is expected to generate around Bt6.8 billion revenue for the tourism industry with hotel occupancy getting a 24 per cent boost.

Enjoy it because after that will come a very long trip across the (holiday) desert, up until October...

Some have enough to take short vacations. How anyone in this administration thinks they can predict the numbers based on a long weekend, is beyond comprehension. They simply make up a number and send out a bulletin. It means less than zero. 

Right now is a great time to travel around Thailand. Bargains galore. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brain150 said:

Most Credit Cards are maxed out by now !!! Or will be shortly.

That's when the real disaster starts.

Sure there are some rich people with Credit Cars.

But there are Millions of Office Workers who finance their lifestyles with Credit Cards.

And now these people have a huge problem !

Credit Card depth is one of the biggest problems right now.

Not to mention the major banks and financial lenders are getting ready for a massive repossession of vehicles and bikes..

3+ months of no repayments and they are ready for the repo men...

• Like 2