Immigration: Red Bull "Boss" removed from blacklist on July 14th - no record of him coming back to Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good point. 

However seems to me boss and his family could very easily get him into Thailand way outside of any immigration points or processes.

Khun Boss and family do like to holiday in Laos, easy skip over the border !!

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

how the amounts allegedly ( sic ) paid have changed. Gone from 3m to 30 mil now 300 mil. So much bs gets posted on this forum

Don't worry about it your not getting any ????

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If 3,000 plus illegal immigrants can get past this formidable immigration team, I'm sure there are ways for a fugitive billionaire to enter under the radar !  

He’s back partying with his Hiso pals .. He was probably in before the ban lift

Back in the 90s I used to fly with a Thai friend of mine out of Sriracha airfield in Chonburi which accommodates General Aviation.

One time he pointed to the biggest and fanciest aeroplane at Sriracha and told me that it belonged to Red Bull.

In the 90s there were no immigration or customs controls at that airfield and my guess is that remains the case.

7 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

how the amounts allegedly ( sic ) paid have changed. Gone from 3m to 30 mil now 300 mil. So much bs gets posted on this forum

Well I missed the 30 million but I did see that the family got 3 million and Prayut got 300 million. Maybe BS though. But from the photo of him smiling the other day, I think not.

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

And, the whole world doesn't read CNN. 

Dude, I think it's pretty fair to say it's international news. The original post was 'outside of Thailand nobody would have a clue about "Boss" and his antics.'

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-redbull/thai-red-bull-distances-itself-from-hit-and-run-case-as-boycott-calls-grow-idUSKCN24R0BR

or maybe you like to read it in goblidigkok:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/4q5Lag/red-bull-arvinge-fri--atta-ar-efter-dodstur

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread

1 minute ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Ha ha, of course he hasn't entered Thailand, because he never left,.. 

And yet during the period between when the incident took place and now he has been seen at numerous locations around the world.

Many posters here "care", meaning they express their indignation on a forum about the situation, and about Thailand (country where they stay, with no intention to leave). 

For Yinn, our Thai member, it was an "accident". 

For my Thai wife, "he can do what he wants, he is rich". 

Wonder what  % of Thai really care; and most important, are prepare to do something concrete about it. 

6 minutes ago, Edwin Cameron said:

Thailand will pay for this perfidious move, it's in the news here in Australia and I suspect in most countries, how stupid can your police be? to think that the little 'Mongrel Dog' will get away with it and the wrath of the people will be swept under the rug...!

The outrage (if any) will blow over in a few days.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

That day immigration had been told by Thong Lo police that charges against Boss had been dropped and so they acted accordingly as per the rules. 

Interesting that District Police personnel can tell Immigration what to do?

"as per the rules".  That's a good one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

I don't believe for 1 minute it's bad for business, a vast majority of Thai's couldn't care less and the others are probably smart enough not to drink the rubbish anyway, plus outside of Thailand nobody would have a clue about "Boss" and his antics. 

My wife used to buy a product that the company sells, I think it's called C-vit, she no longer buys it as she found out it is made by that company and she is livered about this matter, don't sell yourself short most Thai's are angry at this, and if everybody posted stuff like this on Facebook for their friends to see overseas they would be informed and of course boycott the company, i.e. if they are good friends and give a rats a$$.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I doubt very much that it has had any affect on business at all. The rest of the world, even if it knows where the drink originated, doesn't give a rat's fart about Thailand.

I disagree, most people are becoming more and more educated through social media and the smallest incident could spark up a large scale pull back, I mean why do you think the company sent their PR machine out to advise the media that he doesn't have shares in the company, or any position in the company and has said it has distanced itself from his personal life matters, but on the other hand gave the government 300,000,000 as a Covid-19 donation, or was that a payoff back in April to make it go away.

I think people do care, and see things for what they are, maybe not you ?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:
15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I doubt very much that it has had any affect on business at all. The rest of the world, even if it knows where the drink originated, doesn't give a rat's fart about Thailand.

I disagree, most people are becoming more and more educated through social media and the smallest incident could spark up a large scale pull back, I mean why do you think the company sent their PR machine out to advise the media that he doesn't have shares in the company, or any position in the company and has said it has distanced itself from his personal life matters, but on the other hand gave the government 300,000,000 as a Covid-19 donation, or was that a payoff back in April to make it go away.

I think people do care, and see things for what they are, maybe not you ?

This story has been running for years and years, with the world, if it cared, being informed that he had been allowed to flee. The only thing that has changed now is that charges, which were a farce anyway as nobody expected he would be arrested, have been dropped.

So there have been years and years for sales to be affected. Have they? Nobody cares. Many people, through the education and social media you mention, are aware of Thailand's reputation for corruption and selective or lack of law enforcement, so no-one will have been surprised at what has happened - or to be precise not happened - in this case. And that is why the world doesn't care. It's expected and might, at most, produce a shrug of the shoulders and 'what else did we expect'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

most people are becoming more and more educated through social media

Educated and social media in the same sentence?

Maybe "informed" would have been a better choice, but even then "misinformed" would also have been a good choice.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that District Police personnel can tell Immigration what to do?

"as per the rules".  That's a good one.

Thong Lor the most corrupt cop shop in Thailand doing things by the rules will be an absolute first.

• Haha 1