30,000 rural jobs on offer to boost local economies

webfact

30,000 rural jobs on offer to boost local economies

people-mask.jpg

Thailand’s Interior Ministry has about 30,000 job offers for rural inhabitants, to boost household consumption and to take care of elderly people who cannot help themselves.

The employment opportunities are part of two projects, initiated by the Interior Ministry and approved by the Cabinet.

The first, to be funded with 1.08 billion baht, will create 15,548 jobs, taking care of old people who cannot help themselves, for 12-months, at a salary of 5,000 baht per month.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/30000-rural-jobs-on-offer-to-boost-local-economies/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The first, to be funded with 1.08 billion baht, will create 15,548 jobs, taking care of old people who cannot help themselves, for 12-months, at a salary of 5,000 baht per month.

Why so negative comments? It's probably a great help in rural areas where 5,000 baht income means something, and furthermore they help older people that presumably need help...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Why so negative comments? It's probably a great help in rural areas where 5,000 baht income means something, and furthermore they help older people that presumably need help...:thumbsup:

Only if it gets to them, I recall a scam some time back a year or two that a student doing work experienced ratted on some government agency pocketing them money while the people didn't get the funds that were supposed to be sent to them, I think she would be copying their ID's or something like that, but dug a little deeper to uncover the scam, smart girl.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

5k THB doesn't mean squat, in rural Thailand or anywhere else for that matter, and if people have to work for it, it means even less...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, djayz said:

5k THB doesn't mean squat, in rural Thailand or anywhere else for that matter, and if people have to work for it, it means even less...

I'm sure 5k baht means a lot to those having no income at the moment...:whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djayz said:

BS. When you have nothing 5000 means a lot, especially around here. There are many people that would love to work for that mount EVERY month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

BS. When you have nothing 5000 means a lot, especially around here. There are many people that would love to work for that mount EVERY month.

I doubt they would love to work for that meager wage but desperate times...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, johng said:

I doubt they would love to work for that meager wage but desperate times...

You do not know how meager they are. The local Tessaban has the old ladies picking the yellow fronds out of pak chi (parsley) for 10 baht a kilo as an initiative..

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Really I  needed  two  staff  here,  no  applicants, theyd  rather  do  nothing in this  village.

6 minutes ago, Redline said:

I still see the workers at the stores just standing around talking, or on their phones 

It may well be the case that economic demands mean many companies will downsize their workforces and it will become survival of the fittest. 

A short, sharp shock for Thailand low skilled workers is long overdue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It may well be the case that economic demands mean many companies will downsize their workforces and it will become survival of the fittest. 

A short, sharp shock for Thailand low skilled workers is long overdue. 

Eventually, it will have to change.