Will masks and travel restrictions become permanent??

On 8/12/2020 at 10:07 PM, VBF said:

Which, I believe once applied to Yellow Fever and Smallpox. I have a bunch of old vaccination records which, at one time, were considered compulsory in order to travel to parts of Africa, Asia and South America.

Oddly, without the Internet and the various conspiracy theories, we all just got on with it, took the shots and travelled.

I believe this is what will happen with Covid and personally, the sooner the better!

Yes exactly, and if you work offshore are still compulsory, as you mention. Especially Africa and South America

No vaccination record, no contract, and I totally agree

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, Jingthing said:

Not permanent but there are likely to be long term impacts. Also sorry to say this is not the last pandemic and the next one could be much worse. The good news is that the world will likely be better prepared next time. 

I'll believe that Boy Scout motto when the next one rolls around! Pols only look after themselves.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NumbNut said:

Yes exactly, and if you work offshore are still compulsory, as you mention. Especially Africa and South America

No vaccination record, no contract, and I totally agree

Whether the vaccine works or not?!? I won't survive vaccination but a certificate for normal saline would suit...

On 8/13/2020 at 5:52 PM, LPCustom69 said:

117273187_1220626628275449_844709773175892626_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=wk0mOHsxZFIAX8mQ8xI&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=3c9e59982215f3f9cada4483de7a81f9&oe=5F5B4E5A

Where do people come up with that sort of misinformation?

The Spanish flu was far more deadly and killed 20 to 50 million people.

The Black Death is now thought to have been possibly caused by an Ebola like virus, and killed up to 60% of Europe's population.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Where do people come up with that sort of misinformation?

The Spanish flu was far more deadly and killed 20 to 50 million people.

The Black Death is now thought to have been possibly caused by an Ebola like virus, and killed up to 60% of Europe's population.

not to mention the other masks prevent near instant death which is NOT transferable. (except mining but black lung took it's toll)

Up in the 1980s in the navy we used to still get quinine tablets issued before cruises that took us into Asian ports to prevent malaria. I still have the "bullet hole scar" on my shoulder and the indents from vaccines given by airguns against things that are now gone form most of the planet.

Edited by mrwebb8825

On 8/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, mrwebb8825 said:

I still have the "bullet hole scar" on my shoulder and the indents from vaccines given by airguns against things that are now gone form most of the planet.

I too had vaccine by airgun, but have no "indent" to remind me where it was given.

However I still have the scar from the smallpox vaccination I was given as a young child. Many Thais have an unfortunately horrible scar from theirs. Not so noticeable now, so perhaps they got better at it.