Extend amnesty into 2021?

Many things are unknown now, but Thailand basically said no tourists until 2021 and borders will likely be closed until then.  Do you think it's possible they'll extend the amnesty until 2021?  Because of the still closed borders and no tourist arrivals?  

Or do you feel September 26 is the final deadline?

Thoughts and opinions, please.  

Just now, lemonjelly said:

With the high amount of outbound flights being cancelled, what’s going to happen to foreigners still in Thailand after 26 September if their flights have been cancelled? I can’t understand the Thai government’s stance of kicking them out of the country in these terrible times.

From my understanding is that those who will still be stuck in Thailand after Sept 26 will need an a letter from their embassy explaining why they cant go home, be it medical, flight cancellation, home country boarder closer etc. will get a further 30 day extension by Thai immigration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

OBJECTION : We are not abusing the system , we are complying to the rules .

true,

but your visa exempt time is up. Make plans to head home or suffer the consequences if you dont arrange a valid extension before end of Sept

From my understanding is that those who will still be stuck in Thailand after Sept 26 will need an a letter from their embassy explaining why they cant go home, be it medical, flight cancellation, home country boarder closer etc. will get a further 30 day extension by Thai immigration.

US and Australia have already announced they will NOT issue any letters for extensions.

Edited by zzzzz
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

Actually the situation is still pretty fluid. I had a Asiana (star alliance) flight booked for Sept 27th 1AM (so technically clocking out with immigration on the 26th) from BKK to LAX. Flight was cancelled today through email, and I checked and it seems Asiana is only planning to fly out once or twice a week, if even that, from Bangkok (it was originally supposed to be 4 times a week in Sept when I booked last week). Not that I'm in a hurry to return to the states, but I've actually lost count at how many cancelled flights I've had now. LOL

Awful, but you will be able to ‘catch one of them’ within the next 47 days, right ?

OR, if they keep cancelling, I think you have a genuine case for an extension. Keep proof of each cancellation notification. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yinki said:

i came in thailand just before my child birth as a tourist , planing to gather all document to apply a support child visa. 

now that i have all document i need to get out of the country and back in to apply for my dependent child visa..

but how long will i be away from my family?

letting people apply to any visa without having to leave the country, itwould solve many problem and there would be no need of an amnesty

This may be justification for an extension of your current Tourist visa or extended Amnesty. 

It may be worth contacting an agent to find out if you can apply for a Non-Immigrant Type O from within the country given the current situation. 

16 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

With the high amount of outbound flights being cancelled, what’s going to happen to foreigners still in Thailand after 26 September if their flights have been cancelled? I can’t understand the Thai government’s stance of kicking them out of the country in these terrible times.

As repatriation flights for Thais and approved foreigners increase, so will the availability of outbound flights, I think. While Japan is closed at the moment, many European countries are open. So, as time goes by it is going to become increasingly difficult to play the stranded-in- Thailand card. I would be making arrangements to leave if it was me.   

• Like 2