Decimated tourism "still has potential to kickstart" the Thai economy, Thai media

webfact

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

how many days now without "internal" infection but still have to wear mask, sign or app in some stores ... and for what?

lockdown forever ?

Good I'm enjoying it, and the money technically I'm saving is being spent in Thailand not having to depart ever 90 days which can amount to 10,000 Baht. Immigration should take note.

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

2,2 is probably the chapter of the copy'cut

there is 2.1 before, then a 1.3 a 1.2 and a 1

PUI is patient under investigation

Good info

Edited by Percy P
wrong letter

1 hour ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

I have absolutely no idea what ''2.2 Situation of Patients'' or ''PUI'' mean!

Can anybody help me?

The linked PDF explains it all, in English. "2.2" is simple the section number. "Situation of Patients" is the heading, meaning they are reporting on the "Situation of Patients with Suspected Symptoms of COVID-19 in Thailand". "PUI" means "Person Under Investigation" for having symptoms suspected of being related to COVID-19. In other words, at this moment, the ministry of public health believes there are 385,860 persons in Thailand exhibiting symptoms suspected of being related to COVID-19. And on an average day (lately) more than 1,000 people are added to that total.

In for a penny-in for a pound.  Throw money at it and the problem will go away. How about a novel idea! Instead of waiting for the Chinese to come back and bring some new disease, why doesn't Thailand go all out to entice some of the MANY businesses and factories leaving China to come to Thailand. Vietnam is kicking Thailand's tail in this effort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect the government are running out of gold reserves now and soon cant fake the economy, the government will be stripping the gold from the palace soon... UK is now offically in recession.... how can this banana republic be doing so well growing rice, I mean even the monkeys are unemployed here... utter lies every day...NZ is screwed, AuS is screwed, USA is in the midst of black terror... but hey Thailand is fine... <deleted>.. ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

".....Meanwhile in other tourism news Manager and its sources hinted that the tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan is preparing for talks with the PM and the new finance ministry chief over a 100 billion baht aid package for tourism.......

.......On the minus side, Pipat has admitted that accessing that kind of money at this time may prove "somewhat limited"......."

Translation:    Ain't no way.

Rather like saying you would like to have something and knowing fine well you aren't going to get it!

Politic speak :- "somewhat limited"

18 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

I suspect the government are running out of gold reserves now and soon cant fake the economy, the government will be stripping the gold from the palace soon... UK is now offically in recession.... how can this banana republic be doing so well growing rice, I mean even the monkeys are unemployed here... utter lies every day...NZ is screwed, AuS is screwed, USA is in the midst of black terror... but hey Thailand is fine... <deleted>.. ! 

rice prodution will fall as farmers cant afford the rent for their paddies these days,so back to bananas and unemployed monkeys

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Isn't that a bit trying to promote the population of Glasgow to come holiday in Brighton ? Nuts !

What's wrong with that? Don't Glaswegians go on beach holidays? Brilliant UK summer, hot and dry, Brighton is all go, go, go. Rayong is a great destination. Plus u have day trips to drive thru Walking Srreet (a somewhat primitive way of calling a part-pedestrian zone), gawk at shuttered shops, empty beaches, deserted malls, and Bang Saen to view some great post-weekend beach rubbish tip. TAT got it right this time. 

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

how many days now without "internal" infection but still have to wear mask, sign or app in some stores ... and for what?

lockdown forever ?

Someone my parents know got COVID and they were really, really sick, so yes, lockdown forever.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Last I checked, the Baht was still ungodly high.  So no, I don’t think we’ll spend money extemporaneously.

As for foreign tourists—forgettaboutit.

A month ago it was 39.5 to the pound and now it is 40.5 after the announcement of a >20% drop in the UK economy.

Bizarre.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, petermik said:

"has the potential to kickstart the economy" another fanciful statement from TAT :whistling:

Kick <deleted> , comes to mind .

Sadly nothing changes , same old . same old ..

Edited by elliss