Repatriation flights full !

11 hours ago, interesting said:

oday:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for your enquiries regarding the repatriation flights, at the moment we have been informed that there will be a charter flight on 31/8/2020 available. If you are one of the categories of the travelling purposes allowed to enter the country and interested in taking the flight, please kindly fill in the form at https://forms.gle/Ea5egEgN6sRpr57m7

You would also need to book the ASQ according to the list: https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand

You can contact us later for the visa and COE. Further information, please visit http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

Thank you very much

Best regards
Consular Officer,
Royal Thai Embassy, London
29-30 Queen's Gate 
London
SW7 5JB
Tel: 02072255500

I think this is a special flight booked and paid for by the international schools in Thailand.

I did not receive this email, so i guess that you emailed the embassy and got lucky.

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

For those who may have missed this ..... seems there may be a potential for some expansion of "ASQ"s

Unless they are very careful where these groups come from, this could turn out to be a disaster.

17 hours ago, tso310 said:

3 flights per month is the norm. EVA fly directly back to Taipei and the flight is currently only once a week. The next BR67 flight is 16 August.

Yes but is that a repat flight?  My Mrs says some Thai's in the UK that were previously given repat flights on EVA have been told they are now cancelled and they have to re-book with Thai.  If that's true - good luck getting a refund from EVA.

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes but is that a repat flight?  My Mrs says some Thai's in the UK that were previously given repat flights on EVA have been told they are now cancelled and they have to re-book with Thai.  If that's true - good luck getting a refund from EVA.

BR67 is a normal scheduled flight. BR68 LHR-TPE direct. Seems to be once a week currently. Yes EVA did do some repat flights. Through April there frequency dropped down. There was a rumour going round some of the Thai community that Thai were initially unable to perform the repat flights due to non payment of existing fuel contracts. It might be true or complete rubbish. 

Hi All, Im new to Thai Visa Forum and apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread to provide the following information which i think will be helpful. 

I am married to a Thai National and live in Phuket and work in the Oil & Gas industry and do not have a marriage visa as I enter Thailand on a Tourist Visa every time due to working a 28/28 day working cycle. I was stuck in Thailand from March until May (visa extension) before returning to the UK because my father passed away. Like many other Thai Nationals and Foreigners I have been trying to get back to Thailand since early June and have also been hugely frustrated with the almost impossible demands from the Thai Government (Embassy) to qualify to get back. As Tourist on arrival visa's are currently not allowed I completed the online application for a Non O-A visa and scheduled an appointment to deliver my documents in person to the Thai Embassy in London. The UK Thai Embassy clearly states that you must have an ASQ recognized hotel booking before you can register for one of the 3 repatriation flights which were scheduled in August. After eventually booking one of the last remaining very expensive ASQ hotel packages (92'000 baht) which is non-refundable I waited intently for the registration to open on Friday 31st July. With no great surprise the website went into melt-down and I couldn't register - after waiting on hold for nearly an hour a member of the Embassy informed that the site had technical difficulties and to keep trying every hour to which i continued to do all day and eventually gave up around 18.30 that evening. When I resumed my efforts on Sat I was able to enter the site (input my ASQ booking) but couldn't pick the class of flight ticket business or economy and it wouldn't let me progress. I decided to drive to London from North Yorkshire to visit the embassy in person. On Monday morning I tried registering again for the flight only to see that all seats had been booked already and should attempt re-register again in Sept (for the next lottery!). On speaking with a Thai Embassy representative in person and expressing my frustration especially as my ASQ hotel booking was non-refundable he mentioned that "it is not actually a requirement to have the ASQ booking to register for the flight and that you just leave the ASQ booking section blank when registering"!! .  I can't obviously validate that this will work but its definitely worth trying rather than losing a non-refundable ASQ booking. The representative did take my contact phone number and said he would try and get me on the 16th Aug flight as not to lose my hotel booking. He did call me several days later and after providing evidence that my hotel booking was indeed non-refundable assigned me a seat on the 16th Aug. I am now in the hotel Quarantine in Bangkok and can only suggest that persistence and direct contact with the Thai Embassy is the path forward for those still stuck in the UK. I hope this helps.