Requirements for a Thai to finance a house

So I am curious what my wife's options are to finance a house in the future she is Thai.

She has a little shop that makes a very modest income. I make good money but am a farang so obviously I am not going to get financed. 

How hard would it be for her to get a loan to buy a 3 million baht house? I just want a option other then forking all the money out in cash at once.

Is this possible?

If you have a work permit and can show 5 years tax returns, UOB will finance in your wife's name with you as guarantor. We were even offered 100% finance on a new-build house in Isaan, but I preferred to put down a deposit.

edit: (Maybe other income can be accepted on a long stay visa, try them.)

Edited by Satcommlee

My wife (and I) financed a house in 2005 for 6,000,000 baht. The house and land was valued at over 8M and we'd already bought the land. She 'offered' her upcountry farm land as collateral, which they did not use. By this time we had been married 4 yrs and had a 2 yr old and she had 'built' her credit.  The clincher was when they looked at my employment contract. The loan was not in my name, but I signed papers guaranteeing the loan.  There was no Thai guarantor, just me and our wedding certificate. I was working 28/28 in Malaysia at the time, so I wasn't even working 'in' Thailand. I did not have an account at the bank and did not open one.

The house was built by a reputable developer who already had house values approved by the bank's appraiser.

My fiancee just got approved for a 3mb loan to buy the neighboring property. The processes took a while, about a month, lots of dicking about because she owns more than 50% shares in the company (mine) she is employed by, so had to get all those documents. They came to inspect the property she is buying, then another day the randomly showed up to our office to inspect and make sure her employment/company was legitimate. 

For your case could be tough if no guarantor or assets to back the loan and low monthly income. For my fiancee we prepared for a few years so if we want to buy something her income and assets are good, she already owns the neighboring property without mortgage, and has a decent monthly income.