Ministries of Public Health and Defense, Prepare for New Wave of COVID-19

webfact

Ministries of Public Health and Defense, Prepare for New Wave of COVID-19

fa3a9a6cf6a0bd20e0147b189c8edd2c.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - In order to prepare for a possible second wave of the viral epidemic, the Ministry of Defense together with the Ministry of Public Health hosted a training session to prepare for such a situation.

Preparations for a second wave of COVID-19 have been taking place at the Ministry of Defense, where emergency teams from four provinces comprising Bangkok / Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya / Samut Sakhon and Chonburi, joined seven other provinces in online training - Chiang Mai, Tak, Sa Kaeo, Ranong, Surat Thani, Krabi, Phuket, as well as representatives of the other 65 provinces.

The training was aimed at rehearsing emergency personnel and preparing their performance against the COVID-19 pandemic. Previous cases were brought up and discussed, to identify development that suits each province’s practices.

The Ministry of the Interior has ordered every province to make and submit a plan to confirm their readiness to handle such a situation.

The training was divided into two sessions. The first session was the command center comprising Public Relations Department / CCSA / and military units. The other session covered the operational and field missions, with emergency teams from every province.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

In order to prepare for a possible second wave of the viral epidemic, the Ministry of Defense together with the Ministry of Public Health hosted a training session to prepare for such a situation.

I'm sure the lunch was worth the trip.

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Where they think coming this "second wave" if they keep borders close!? Drop from sky? Same that waiting ET coming visit again! And in this current situation, what against use masks ,messure temperature etc. People who have normal small flue can't flight , go whit buss, go mall.... I want see people's face again, and smile's. Even much more rare that smile than before.

1st question: NZ is asking the same question. I'm sure it flew in...  It's just not logical or scientific that it came with a snipe. 

2nd question: No. The sky has plenty of sun and UV light to kill virus.

3rd question (sort of): ET has gone home and isn't coming back until all the scare mongering stops.

Etc...  Every place I've been people smile. You just have to see it in their eyes. I tripped and fell at Big C on Saturday. It was amazing how many people (customers and employees) who rushed to help me up. Concern and then many smiles. Not to worry... This, too, shall pass.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

1st question: NZ is asking the same question. I'm sure it flew in...  It's just not logical or scientific that it came with a snipe. 

2nd question: No. The sky has plenty of sun and UV light to kill virus.

3rd question (sort of): ET has gone home and isn't coming back until all the scare mongering stops.

Etc...  Every place I've been people smile. You just have to see it in their eyes. I tripped and fell at Big C on Saturday. It was amazing how many people (customers and employees) who rushed to help me up. Concern and then many smiles. Not to worry... This, too, shall pass.

What about Myanmar  Cambodia Laos Vietnam Cheap Labor coming in at land immigration for the Building , Farming , Fishing Industry? Is that on ? 

If i understood well Thailand was going to let Cheap Labor in as strongly needed .

• Like 1

If the Thai's do testing as I have read only .03% of the Thai people were tested. This is how Thailand has such a low rate of infected people for the virus. This just shows the Thai government does not have enough money along with their health departments to test people as needed to determine the true number of infected people in Thailand. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Where they think coming this "second wave" if they keep borders close!? Drop from sky? Same that waiting ET coming visit again! And in this current situation, what against use masks ,messure temperature etc. People who have normal small flue can't flight , go whit buss, go mall.... I want see people's face again, and smile's. Even much more rare that smile than before.

Illegals still sneak into the country via land borders. Quarantine staff are allowed to go home. Humans make mistakes. Those are some of the reasons they have to be prepared.

2 hours ago, Marco100 said:

What about Myanmar  Cambodia Laos Vietnam Cheap Labor coming in at land immigration for the Building , Farming , Fishing Industry? Is that on ? 

If i understood well Thailand was going to let Cheap Labor in as strongly needed .

Hasn't started yet. Stalled over who would pay for their quarantine, among other things. The workers can't afford it and the Employers don't want to pay for it.

Govt is  (in a very confused and poorly communicated way) making arrangements so that those migrant workers already in Thailand whose visas or other permissions have expired or will expire soon, to extend them without having to first return home (as is the normal procedure)

In any case these neighboring countries are at least as COVID free (arguably more so in case of Cambodia) as Thailand.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Hasn't started yet. Stalled over who would pay for their quarantine, among other things. The workers can't afford it and the Employers don't want to pay for it.

Govt is  (in a very confused and poorly communicated way) making arrangements so that those migrant workers already in Thailand whose visas or other permissions have expired or will expire soon, to extend them without having to first return home (as is the normal procedure)

In any case these neighboring countries are at least as COVID free (arguably more so in case of Cambodia) as Thailand.

Also each and every migrant worker should also have at least a USD$100,000 covid insurance policy, which can't be cancelled or refunded or transferred. That will cost about 50,000 baht per person.

Edited by Banana7

7 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Also each and every migrant worker should also have at least a USD$100,000 covid insurance policy, which can't be cancelled or refunded or transferred. That will cost about 50,000 baht per person.

No, not required since  there is a separate health scheme for migrants that gives them benefits same as Thais under the 30 baht scheme. Under the proposed new plan, enrollment in this this would be mandatory (it has always been available, but not previously mandatory) and it costs under 2,000 baht a year.

It's the cost of the quarantine, which is about 10 times, that, that has been the sticking point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

I still preparing for the first wave, waiting, waiting......

End of last year when no-one knew about it.

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

Thank you for taking better care of us than our home countries would have, Thailand. 

lol

We are planning  5 day road trip, in our car, to Chonburi at the end of this month (Aug).  We live 100km north of Buriram and here there have been no problems (except 1 infection/death in the city, I think?).  We are careful here and wear masks, wash hands etc. but there is no strict regimes in place.  Any advice about existing circumstances in the Chonburi area please?  We will be staying at a 4* hotel (reduced price) and do not engage in 'the nightlife'.  Any comments about current practices in Chonburi and/or links to sources of information will be gratefully received.  Thank you.

Thanks Sheryl for your sensible and informative comments.  Also thanks guderian for reminding us just how safe we are here compared to many so places in the world.  Notably USA, UK and Australia.  Our so called 'bumbling government' have somehow managed to protect us in a way that the wealthy, privately educated and entitled members of other governments have not. We have had no local cases up here but in the early days temperature and registration stations were set up in our and every other small community in our area.  The local hospitals had simple isolated examination facilities constructed under covered areas outside the buildings proper (little used thankfully).  There has been no talk about crushing treatment costs inflicted on the unfortunate few who did become infected in Thailand.   I read that some poor fellow went into a US hospital for some minor treatment, became covid infected and was subsequently cured and released.  On his departure he was handed an invoice for 30 or 40,000 $.  Not an isolated incident.

You will all know that public health care in the US is all but non existent.  There are plenty of stories about people arriving seriously injured at ER there who must first produce a credit card before being treated. 

There is no mention in the west that the covid deaths in the US are more than 2x the number of victims who perished in the Hiroshima bomb dropped 75 years ago.  The UK is getting close to the 70,000 to 80,000 number of Atomic bomb deaths and will no doubt surpass it.

So yes, Thank you Thailand.