Pattaya: Swede racks up 100,000 baht in hospital bills after chasing snatch thief who stole 60K necklace

webfact

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Agree they are not to blame for the theft.

But the decision to put 60k into jewelry rather than health insurance or setting money aside for medical bills.....

I certainly do not own any piece of jewelry worth remotely that much. I do however pay for good health insurance. These are choices.

Them Swedes can be a bit ting tong

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, dabhand said:

You haven't been to Sungai Golok then......

Pattaya is the capital for gold necklace snatches with vultures lurking everywhere. Not sure sungai golok can be compared except more viable to being shot or having your vehicle stolen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

So you've got a PhD in victim blaming, congratulations.

Yes, if you wearing a 2 bath gold chain in times when most thais don't have work to go to it's asking to be robbed. 

The police can easily catch the robber by watching video cameras in the surrounding of the robbery, if the swede are willing to pay.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Wearing a 2 baht gold necklace. Might as well wear a sign saying "please rob me".

He clearly should have worn a 10 baht gold necklace, must harder to take off the neck...

• Haha 1

I don’t know the culture in Sweden, but I would never wear jewelry with two months salary in a developing country.

But according to a spokesman for the Only Black Lives Matter group, stealing it’s OK if you need it to buy food for your family or drugs because you have bad conditions in your life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

AS that is even 50% below the marriage visa needs , I would not shout about that too much. 

And if anyone says maybe he has savings  - then he can pay his bill !

I get 21,000 B per month , I too have a marriage visa , what problem should I have ?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Gustav gave chase, Sombun told Pattaya Update News, but because he was unfamiliar with the route the couple came off and were both seriously injured. 

No ! it's only because you are old but think about yourself as a 20 years old guy ! Time to know the truth at 72 !

Ridiculous old men on bikes always make me laugh ! The ones showing "expensive" gold also, your gold is krap compared to our 6/8 millions Benz that nobody will ever be able to steal !

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The guy needs to bung the investigating cops 5000 baht first. When that fails, THEN you get going on social media.

5000 baht! They will go for some beer and noodles after work laughing all the way. Stupid suggestion,,

1 hour ago, phka said:

Health insurance won't cover accidents need a different policy

Don't know where your from but in the US health insurance does cover accidents.  Below from Google--

http://www.smbceo.com/2018/11/22/differences-health-and-personal-accident-insurance/#:~:text=Health vs Personal accident insurance&text=A health insurance policy covers,hand%2C has more narrow coverage.

Health vs Personal accident insurance

A health insurance policy covers expenses due to hospitalization and medical procedures caused by illness or injury, including accidents. A personal accident policy, on the other hand, has more narrow coverage.

Normally accident policy is fairly cheap and does not cover illness but accidents and death on a bus, train, airplane , private or public vehicles and posible sports injuries.

Edited by Tony125

Being the type of person who does things he regrets when he is angry, I can really sympathize with this couple.  What a price to pay though!  In my experience, it's better to ruefully let it go.  Best wishes to them.

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Did the Hospital give him a tin leg ..

Or do I really need to get to Specsavers ...

I geuss a visit to Specsavers will not do you any harm , bandages and plasters , thqt's what it looks like to me . If i am wrong , please give me the adress to the nearest branche ????