Horrifying scene as owner ‘forgets’ dog is tied to car

snoop1130

11 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

The same as parents forget to open car windows in hot weather when they leave their children inside.

Some people do forget.

As a parent of children who are now adults, we did not need to remember to roll down any windows for out kids......  because we never left them in the car in the first place. 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 11:58 AM, OttoPollmann said:

Have I some Déjà-vu.
That's not the first time we see this behavior. I do remember a similar case last year with an old lady who claimed that her dog has died earlier and she just want to pull the corpse for disposal. if I remember right it was also a white sedan, like this one.
Don't tell any porky, I've never seen that anyone leashes his dog in Thailand. All dogs are free to roam around without any restrictions, especial in rural area.
That's some buffalo string used with intention.

Depends where you see the dogs. Even here in Issan when I got to a park area to excise my dogs responsible Thai owners have control of there dogs by leash or otherwise. In the street you will see dogs wandering about. So not all Thais allow there dogs to wander freely.

23 hours ago, perconrad said:

It was in the morning news in TV.

It was a monk driving his new dog home to the tempel and because the luggage compartment was small he did not close the back door and the dog jumped out which he did not see.

I thought monks were forbidden from driving?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Monks are not allowed to drive, hence all are driven to where they want to go.

At least that's the story I was given by my in-laws 

Phra Kru Palad Sitthiwat, abbot of Wat Pailom, shows his tax payments receipt for his classic Panther sports car, parked at his temple in Nakhon Pathom.

c1_878328.jpg

On 8/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, bunnydrops said:

I remember years back where a man threw a rope over the top of his house to do some work on the other side. Tied the rope to the bumper of his car and the other end around his body when he got on the roof. It took 3 blocks to stop his wife on the way to the store.. After reading that I have always been more careful what I tie anything to.

I heard hubby was able to keep up for the first 500 meters

On 8/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Ive often wondered if some people are just not yet ready for technology.

Yeah...like zippers and buttons and laces on shoes. Complicated stuff! The only thing that surprises me after 14 years here, is that nothing surprises me anymore.

I call bull**** on this one.

Look at the photo and you will see that the lead is not long enough for the dog to have been inside the car and to have jumped out of the open door.

Anyway if the dog is inside the car, why would you tie the other end of the leash to the bumper?

He tied the dog to the rear bumper and forgot about it! However, being a monk (and Thai) he would never admit that and made up a story to blame the dog.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Animal cruelty and leaving kids in cars is not unique behaviour to Thailand.

But they do it here  oh so well!

I can sort of understand some school bus driver  missing somebody's kid in a bus, as other than the job there's no connection ...BUt not forgetting you own dog