Thai returnee tests positive after 14-day state quarantine

snoop1130

How does quarantine actually work. There is supposedly four people per room. So are they mixing them together as in, one of four  gets released, and is replaced by a new arrival at some point during the 2 weeks. Or are every 4 people kept together for the two week period? What happens when 2 people have a conflict and can't get along? Are they changing around the room mates?

Who knows what is really happening in these quarantine centers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I'm off to Makro to stock up with a couple of months' supply of booze, just in case!

I learned the last time, and am always stocked up now.  Just part of the monthly expense to refill the wine refrigerator and then restock the liquor cabinet.  Beer I will never stock up on as after a while it goes south if not drunk.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure how they can still say that today is the 86th day without a domestic case if he tested positive after having  been released from quarantine and been out in the public.  However, I am awaiting a retraction of the story and for it to just disappear.

The first Covid-19 case outside the state quarantine area was found on Wednesday (August 19) – the 86th day for Thailand without a domestic case.

The state quarantine has worked in regards to stopping the spread of the virus whatever happens in this case.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital said a Thai returnee from Dubai, who spent 14 days in state quarantine before being released, returned with symptoms on Wednesday.

OMG.  We're all gonna die!!!
Quick - time to implement 21 day quarantines!

• Haha 2

Another thai returnees.

Heaven forbid if it was a farang. 

Seems strange that they are not tested before boarding the plane. 

Go through 14 days isolation, and then found positive after release. ????

As said by others.

Quarantine would appear ineffective.

A waste of time and money. 

Edited by dallen52

29 minutes ago, The Theory said:

It is possible that returnees bring some contaminated food, snack, or other thing with them that infect them later, not at the time of arrival.

There's been no evidence of anyone catching CoVid-19 from contaminated food or food packaging. It's a theoretical possibility but there have not been any documented cases of it occurring in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Another thai returnees.

Heaven forbid if it was a farang. 

Seems strange that they are not tested before boarding the plane. 

Go through 14 days isolation, and then found positive after release. ????

As said by others.

Quarantine would appear ineffective.

A waste of time and money. 

About 10% of all returnees test positive in quarantine. You can guess what having no quarantine will be like within a week or two. 

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

Agreed! What is their end game? <deleted> down forever for a virus with a lower death rate than the seasonal flu? Wait for a vaccine for a virus that no similar successful vaccine has ever been developed for a similar virus?

Guy, it is the entire world has shut down potentially forever over this thing.  Entire industries and livelihoods snuffed out in matter of weeks with most likely no full recovery in our lifetime.

I am amazed daily at the fear demonstrated by all governments.  I can only guess they are doubling down because they can not come to grips with this virus is not and never was going to be the end of the world as it was portrayed so they can not admit they are wrong and accept blame for inflicting a world wide economic depression.

As many on these pages and others have stated, history will record the death and misery caused by the economic depression as dwarfing the deaths caused by the virus.

• Like 2

This may be the opportunity the government has been waiting for. The following hundreds of thousands of cases can now be revealed in a dramatic news item as the result of people getting the disease from foreigners. 

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh no, you can not mean...well then here we go.....sounds suspicious to me.  Me thinks he was infected by an asymptomatic individual outside and in the real living part of Thailand, not the bubble.  

Oh God ONE INFECTED   Panic,  there's  3000 a day here in SPAIN!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure how they can still say that today is the 86th day without a domestic case if he tested positive after having  been released from quarantine and been out in the public.  However, I am awaiting a retraction of the story and for it to just disappear.

The first Covid-19 case outside the state quarantine area was found on Wednesday (August 19) – the 86th day for Thailand without a domestic case.

Moderators??

• Confused 1

Thais don't need to go through the 14 day scam cheme in luxury hotels as the foreigners is required.

Maybe time to put the pointing finger on returnees Thais instead of foreigners who already have been tested multiple times before arrival.

• Like 1

So what has a returnee todo with a positive test after 14 days of quarantine?  They  paid 50.000 baht for the quarantine, where released into society as not being infected and still after that point got covid? They should investigate how they got infected in Thailand as apparently they did not bring it into the country. The way they wrote the articles about this infection it sounds like Thailand still feels like it is coming from outside their country and they brought it with them. It is the same way they look an treat "farangs" nowadays which are already in the country for 6 months. It looks like Thailand is manipulating its Covid-19 numbers and trying to assign everything that goes wrong about covid infections as being injected from outside the country just to keep its toplevel ranking for most safe country for tourists. They don't allow tourists into the country. This ranking does not mean anything this way. Pure facade, a puppet theater, a complete muppet show !  In other countries they went from 14 days quarantine to 10 days because based on scientific investigations after 10 days it is already safe to say that you are not infected.

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, he returned to hospital today (Wednesday 19th August, 2020), but no mention of the date he was 'released' from quarantine into the general population.

I wonder why that is?

There were 2 cases, not one. Both returned from UAE on 24 June and completed 14 days quarantine with 2 negative tests.

One then tested positive on   10 August and the other on 18 August. However the article is confusing as to whether these positive tests were antigen or antibody tests. Makes a world of difference....

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393246

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, he returned to hospital today (Wednesday 19th August, 2020), but no mention of the date he was 'released' from quarantine into the general population.

I wonder why that is?

There'll always be a doubting tom. Viruses change all the time, especially anything "time-wise". What is considered the "norm" one day, can double within a very short period of time 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, macleans said:

Timeline

1. Arrived in Thailand on 2 June with no symptoms and immediately sent to quarantine.

2. Received her first test on 5 June. Little traces of virus dna found. Result inconclusive.

3. Second test on 13 June. Result negative.

4. Released from the quarantine and told to self quarantine at home for another 30 days.

5. Wanted to travel abroad, so she went to Rama for a covid test. Dr. found a small amount of dna traces from her throat and she tested positive for antibody.

6. The medical team concluded that she caught it while in UAE and already recovered before she was released.

Lazy journalism from the nation as usual, as full details are reported in every other Thai media outlets.

Er, this thread is about a man not a woman......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

That seems a bit harsh, 30 days of home isolation on top of the 14 days quarantine already 'served'

I 'heard' that the viral remnants which remain take some time to clear from the body and the half life on them is as long as 3 weeks, suggesting that they can stick around for months after an infection, even if there were no or very little symptoms.

It was explained to me that this is why so many people are now testing positive in the EU yet the hospital admission rate remains low in most places - prior mild or asymptomatic infections being picked up during the massively increased PCR contact tracing tests...

Your correct, the PCR test is a DNA amplification test of attached antibodies of coronavirus and more... if you had the flu up to 5 years ago, due to the amplification you will test positive on a flawed test with a 4% accuracy rate... its also not a ‘clean’ or ‘closed’ test in a a controlled non viral environment which reduces it accuracy even more...  

• Haha 1