CCSA resolves to extend emergency decree by a month

webfact

CCSA resolves to extend emergency decree by a month

By THE NATION

800_0632c3506671031.jpg?v=1597997892

In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Friday (August 21), the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) resolved to extend the state of emergency to September 30.

On Thursday, the National Security Council (NSC) said it had approved the extension as the amendment of the Communicable Diseases Act is still pending. However, NSC insisted that it will not enforce the emergency decree to control political rallies.

General Somsak Rungsita, NSC secretary-general, said there should be no problem if protests are held lawfully.

As for the two returnees who tested positive for Covid-19 after completing their 14-day quarantine, he said the Public Health Ministry will explain the case.

“We will be meeting tomorrow to discuss measures that need to be eased, such as fully reopening schools, reinstating public transportation and reopening sports stadiums,” Somsak said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393310

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-21

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

As for the two returnees who tested positive for Covid-19 after completing their 14-day quarantine, he said the Public Health Ministry will explain the case.

When they can think something up.

• Haha 2

Somehow it is not a bad idea to have this emergency decree if you need to act quickly. Why not. On the other hand for instance here in Pattaya I don't see much enforcement of rules and regulations. Many people might not even know them anymore. 

• Like 1

This administration is definitely the most unpopular one for decades. Does not surprise anyone they extend the decree. However, the present rulers are not as bad as Papa Doc was in Haiti. Yes, the social media provides support against extremism. And yet, many stories are never posted on social or other media. People disappear and etc.

6 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Wait till the shootings will start. Thailand had massacres commited by these ultra conservatives in 1973, 1976, 1992 and 2010. In average every 10 years during the last 47 years. Now it seems to be time for the 5th massacre, before the 50th year is reached, many fear. 

You could be right - but I hope not.

Student protests exist in part due to the unnecessary extended emergency decrees. There is no CV19 emergency. Like my good friend for years says ( taxi driver in BKK ) 'He ( Prayut ) wants complete control' and millions of other Thai's are aware of this.  How to make a change, thats a difficult one to answer...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Student protests exist in part due to the unnecessary extended emergency decrees. There is no CV19 emergency. Like my good friend for years says ( taxi driver in BKK ) 'He ( Prayut ) wants complete control' and millions of other Thai's are aware of this.  How to make a change, thats a difficult one to answer...

For some reason that phrase 'complete control' makes me think of an early prime minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram. Perhaps our illustrious leader wants to emulate him?

Be careful reading the wiki page, it does contain the 'd' word - sounds like 'potato'

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaek_Phibunsongkhram

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

Well you could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard my first wife has divorced her 5th husband and is soon to marry another guy.  Either that's exceptional because she never gives up on trying to find the right one...or she is Wuhan bat soup crazy!   The other business with extending the decree,  I think most of us knew it would be a certainty.  

• Haha 1