Beach road is dead, for now anyway

scubascuba3

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

no need for a bank account or ATM card in your own name.

Can't have one in anyone else's name either.  The account owner knows who you are, and most likely, where you are.

Same with a SIM. my SIM is in my step-daughters name.

See above.

Step daughter knows who you are, and most likely, where you are.  If she know, so will others.  

Facebook account restricted to a few family members, friends and family only.

Fail.

No need to open a Google account in your own name either.

True.

Most Thais don't have D/L or passport and seem to do OK, police stops prefer to see 200bht.

Who cares about what most Thai's do?

I've had almost nothing in my own name for years now.

Good start, but you are using the name and accounts of those close to you.

That's not, "Living of the grid."  

For the record, I am not talking about being a criminal on the run, but sadly, these days, to live a law abiding life in privacy, you have to live like a criminal on the run, because your digital fingerprint is everywhere. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, been this way about 5 months now?!  You should start a blog like Dan about Thailand.  He just posted a photo of Suvarnabhumi today in his blog, stating airport is dead right now because no international travel allowed.  

Sharp as a razor that Dan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, Dart12 said:

yeah. I don't know of any villas on the beach. I was talking about deals that were offered to me when we were looking for a place to stay.

I was liberal with the term beach front, as the road is between us and the beach in Central Pattaya.  So seaview would be more apt.

Where were those size apartments?  and were they newer?  I saw nothing like that in my searches for furnished condos/villas.

The large apartment is close to the entrance of Walking Street. It hides in plain sight. Private elevator entrance. One elevator for two apartments. But no swimming pool or gym.

Older low rise building.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 12:34 PM, jacko45k said:

Along with non-Thai and Thai business owners also calling it a day, as reserves are eked out and usually a few Thais lose their jobs too. It will be property agencies, restaurants and all manner of businesses, not just the bar-scene.

property agencies,

It's an ill wind...............................

On 8/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Pilotman said:

there will be no "high season" this year, or perhaps ever again. If people here are waiting for that to rescue them, they will wait in vain.  

Remind me of the "Cargo Cults" that existed in New Guinea.

1 hour ago, fred110 said:

It's better around 6pm when it starts to cool off. More walkers and families.

Geez, I get scolded for saying I miss the armies of uni girls, and someone in a resort town know for partying wants to be around walkers and families?  Is it the breast feeding or the diaper changing?  Turning resorts into family friendly places has contributed a lot to the demise of modern society, kind of like the western feminazis drinking at beer bars..really doesn't help anyone or anything, when there are plenty of options for places they won't find so offensive.  I respect families, and love mine, but don't encourage them to visit places aimed at single guys.

Edited by moontang

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You realise walking st is mostly closed daytime, has been for a long time, maybe ever

Of course been here almost 17 years, but it u8sually has 15-40 people at 1 pm. The only sign of life was 2 delivery trucks ahead of my Kawi & 1 person walking. Everything is closed so no reason for anyone to be out there.

16 hours ago, Beardog said:

Of course been here almost 17 years, but it u8sually has 15-40 people at 1 pm. The only sign of life was 2 delivery trucks ahead of my Kawi & 1 person walking. Everything is closed so no reason for anyone to be out there.

Yes same around Central Marina area. Once you get away from Central and Soi Bukhao there is nobody.

6 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

But really isn't that a good thing?    You don't actually  want and wish that young ladies work in prostitution do you?

Prostitutes can easily get jobs like..... Urrrr jobs like Urrr well.......??.......... 

22 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Prostitutes can easily get jobs like..... Urrrr jobs like Urrr well.......??.......... 

like the jobs all the millions of women that don't work in bars do. Bar girls are, IMO, lazy which is why they work in bars, and don't do other jobs. Could also have something to do with making more money than a non bar job.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, Andy from Kent said:

But really isn't that a good thing?    You don't actually  want and wish that young ladies work in prostitution do you?

Providing they can get alternative work. Is there any about?

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

like the jobs all the millions of women that don't work in bars do. Bar girls are, IMO, lazy which is why they work in bars, and don't do other jobs. Could also have something to do with making more money than a non bar job.

It's become a generation thing now. 

A bar girl's mother worked in the bar, so did her grandmother.

If one generation didn't p*ss away the money, then the daughters of the next generation, and following generations, wouldn't have to work as prostitutes.     

On 8/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Bernard Trink used to say pretty much the same. 

On 8/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, BritManToo said:

Yep, "looking for fun" PMs the same day, don't meet them at the short-time hotel if you don't like surprises.

I insist on coffee shop meeting first, lucky there's one just round the corner from my local STH.

STH?