Open letter to the tourism authority and the Thai government

rooster59

4 minutes ago, nev said:

I am begging Thailand to let me back in????, Seriously I am married to a Thai and I have a Thai son so I can re-enter but the whole quarantine costs is putting me off, I am currently in nsw Australia where they are keeping it below 20 new cases a day and managing to keep it in check, Surely that should be recognized and let in and self quarantine in my home there after a negative test leaving Sydney and a negative test on arrival I should be free to go.

That’s the common sense approach that will eventually prevail once they have milked the ones willing to pay anything to get over there, and the countrys economy is further in the mire. 

They will rip off a few more desperate foreigners with their Phuket Alcatraz initiative before they realise the only way to get people back is to relax the restrictions. 

Probably around Xmas/New Year im guessing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nev said:

In Victoria Australia the other day it had 12 deaths all in aged care, Three in their 70's six in their 80's and three in their 90's, Now was their deaths caused by covid or just old age?.

The rate of covid19 detection is now below 200 and the whole state is locked down, My wife is stuck down there for her to get back to Sydney it's an a expensive flight and quarantine cost of $3000.

Do you mean they are forcing the cost of quarantine on interstate travellers as well?

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

This man is 68 years old. Why didn't he use his time to put money in the bank and be ready to apply for a retirement visa/extension? And if he fears getting the  flu back in Germany, why the heck doesn't he get a flu shot?

Suspect there's a lot more to Herr Stoever's "story".

When did he first arrive?

Has he been coming here for years? How long does he stay?

He could be back in Hamburg in less than 24 hours. Don't they have good medical care there? 

There were 836 new cases, and three (3) deaths in Germany yesterday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Do you mean they are forcing the cost of quarantine on interstate travellers as well?

Yes, it's a set $3000 and you don't even get a choice of hotel.

My wife is down their in my car and cannot drive across the border has to wait it out, I thought I would fly her up and go pick the car at a later date, But paying $3000 for quarantine put me off.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Suspect there's a lot more to Herr Stoever's "story".

When did he first arrive?

Has he been coming here for years? How long does he stay?

He could be back in Hamburg in less than 24 hours. Don't they have good medical care there? 

There were 836 new cases, and three (3) deaths in Germany yesterday.

I met a German in Sydney on Friday he is flying back there next week, I asked him if he needs to quarantine over there his answer was no.

So all Herr has to do is fly back he can leave on the next plane.

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

I was smart I am past 72.6 and spend all my money already in Thailand.

"with a little help from your friends, no doubt  " 

(that's me in the yellow bowler)

10 minutes ago, nev said:

So all Herr has to do is fly back he can leave on the next plane.

He could leave in 6 hours, via DOH to FRA, FRA-HAM on the train. 19,000 baht all in.

Much easier than it is for Thais to return to Thailand.

stoever.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Flights to the US are available. Still have a booked flight with Korean Air, through Seoul to San Francisco for the end of October. I can cancel free of charge.  My earlier flights were never canceled, just the location of arrival changed and the route.  Up to me to accept or cancel them, which I did myself.

Why would anyone in their right mind fly back to their native country where the majority of states are hot zones with over 1000 deaths per day, if they don't have to go back? Exposing people to unnecessary risk during a pandemic crisis is really not the way to go.

Some of us are here because there is simply nowhere else safe to go from here. We have been here since March. Not by choice, but by necessity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well the mind boggles as they say.They seem to trying beat China in a race to see who can enforce the harshest lockdowns in history.It's like watching the economy and people's rights die a death of a thousand cuts and then put the blame on a flu like virus.

Indeed, And we had one trumped up so called virus expert who could not string a sentence together saying when the vaccine comes in if you refuse the jab, They will say no jab no pay ????.

Forcing the health to have a jab is just not on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nev said:

Indeed, And we had one trumped up so called virus expert who could not string a sentence together saying when the vaccine comes in if you refuse the jab, They will say no jab no pay ????.

Forcing the health to have a jab is just not on.

That's right if they ever get an effective vaccine those that don't want to take the risk can get the jab and will no longer be at risk so no need to force everyone to get it and vaccines have a history of causing health problems for some people.The record time to create a successful vaccines is apparently 4 years for the mumps vaccine.My guess is the pandemic will finish before the vaccine gets properly tested as the curve of daily cases seems to be on a downward trend.

Sadly it seems the authorities are committed to the war on corona and intend to be victorious no matter the cost so they can say they beat the virus even if it dies a natural death.

Yours in another case that shows the governments lack of human dignity and they are making it up as they go which is even more alarming,if they cared so much about infectious diseases they would have had a plan in place like Sth Korea and Taiwan did as these pandemics are not unprecedented as the Vic Premier would have us believe.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well the mind boggles as they say.They seem to trying beat China in a race to see who can enforce the harshest lockdowns in history.It's like watching the economy and people's rights die a death of a thousand cuts and then put the blame on a flu like virus.

Or just sit back and watch the death rate rise 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Or just sit back and watch the death rate rise 

The more people that are born the more people that will die.That death rate has been rising long before corona came along.Sweden sat back and watched the death rate rise while the UK went into lockdown and Sweden's death rate per million ended up lower than the UK which doesn't seem to support your argument that lockdowns are better.

Another example of how to handle the virus without severe lockdowns is Sth Korea;

From

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_South_Korea

South Korea introduced what was considered one of the largest and best-organised epidemic control programs in the world, along with Taiwan,[11] and Vietnam.[12] Various measures have been taken to mass test the population for the virus, and isolate any infected people as well as trace and quarantine those they had contact with, without further lockdown.[13][14] The rapid and extensive testing undertaken by South Korea has been judged successful in limiting the spread of the outbreak, without using the drastic measure of locking down entire cities.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

The Thai authorities have a pickle on their hands, they didn't allow for this pandemic to still be around after two 3 months amnesty and i'm sure that a many night the light are burning trying to figure out what to do and still come out looking good and helpful, time will tell, i personally believe that there will some sort of further leniency on expiring visa and permits...

100% correct, lights will be burning about this issue but also how to allow tourists to return, it’s all about saving face. They have sat back for 3 months as you say not thinking Covid was going to be a long term issue and have no idea how to move forward whilst unemployment soars and businesses are going to the wall.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

100% correct, lights will be burning about this issue but also how to allow tourists to return, it’s all about saving face. They have sat back for 3 months as you say not thinking Covid was going to be a long term issue and have no idea how to move forward whilst unemployment soars and businesses are going to the wall.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Well those that have been given positions that they are not qualified for have no real idea how to manage their portfolios, The health minister for example has gone quiet instead of being on top of this situation and updating the public each day about his current plans.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The more people that are born the more people that will die.That death rate has been rising long before corona came along.Sweden sat back and watched the death rate rise while the UK went into lockdown and Sweden's death rate per million ended up lower than the UK which doesn't seem to support your argument that lockdowns are better.

I didnt suggest that lock-downs were better .

Read this report from Sweden 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133

• Like 2