Thailand Seeks Safe Way of Reopening Borders to Boost Economy

webfact

18 hours ago, Dan O said:

I think there are quite a few "tourists" that would come given the chance to if borders were opened to allow it. Many tourist come for longer than 2 weeks. I certainly would. The cost of the ASQ hotels are not all in the same 100k range and if more tourist could come then more hotels would participate in the program to generate income. 

I am sure you are joking.

53 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Probably not. There are some seriously deranged desperate people on here. 

The small proportion that is indeed mentally deranged to go for something like this, won't have the money for this fantastic offer, so I estimate zero arrivals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Well unless we have a vaccine soon it will come down to 'survival of the fittest'. Anyone willing to take the risk? And if you read about the Swedish model - It's been a total disaster.

Sweden has abt 90.000 reported infected and abt 5000 deaths and you can trust their numbers 100% .... and unfortunately their biggest mistake was not to consider protecting ther retirement facilities at the beginning ..... This on a Population of more than 10 million people . It is bad but I would not consider it a total disaster... my opionion .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Like the Thai Government focussing all their people’s attention on Covid diverting their attention away from more important issues in Thailand.
I never drive on the roads in Thailand and have a partner of over 6 years so going bare back isn’t a problem.

:<)

Edited by Bangkocker

3 hours ago, Marco100 said:

Sweden has abt 90.000 reported infected and abt 5000 deaths and you can trust their numbers 100% .... and unfortunately their biggest mistake was not to consider protecting ther retirement facilities at the beginning ..... This on a Population of more than 10 million people . It is bad but I would not consider it a total disaster... my opionion .

Granted - not a total disaster - unless you happen to be one of the elderly in the retirement homes Hmmmm !

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed - there are reports suggesting that Sweden is ‘the’ success story, although opinion is so heavily politicised its difficult to really know until ‘the numbers are in’ towards the end of the year or even in a couple of years. 

Hahahah"

Sweden becomes an example of how not to handle COVID-19

Updated on: July 17, 2020 / 12:07 PM / CBS News

But the death toll from Sweden's outbreak is now the fifth-worst in the world, per capita. The country's mortality rate from the coronavirus is now 30% higher than that of the United States when adjusted for population size.

Edited by Bangkocker

5 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

"takes care of me' ?? Sounds like you are a geriatric - so you couldn't even if you wanted to :<)

Actually we are a similar age, admin I am reporting this op for his offensive comments.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Update
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, sencelebi said:

First of all you don't call officials idiot when they allow you to be a guest in their country. Think about your own country, Immigrants are calling your people idiot and they are disrespectful to your homeland, would  you allow them or would you just keep your mouth shut? If you do then you don't have respect and love for your own country. So don't do it for other people's country. Second, what do you except, open the borders and let anyone in to the country so virus can be spread and Thailand closes the borders for years? People are still dying all over the world because of the pandemic, and you are just being a selfish. Think about your family  and your close friends, how you will feel when your family members are dead because of the Covid? This is the their way to protect their country and their people, you can only respect their choices,not criticize them, You have to turn around and look at your own homeland first to see what your government don't do for your people, Your own country have to be perfect in order to criticize someone else's country. And one last thing, If you don't like it here you can always go back to your homeland and Thai people will be very happy believe me, so you can be too !

Hehe, I'm among those who DID defend & somehow understand bureaucrats here as well as in other countries I have visited through the years (20+ including driving all across Europe)

As for the future: government GLOBALLY has shown everyone that they do NOT deserve any respect, only despise, evasion and resistance.

Which makes it even more important to appear polite and meek of course ????

I'm completeley done with it all, and will simply act accordingly - along with millions globally.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I AM AFFRIAD I  missed the GPS part---how can it help in preventing the virus spread?

UNLESS it  can track the virus in the farang body,

Give the Thais time, yet another brilliant idea..... get the virus to wear a GPS.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:23 AM, Chelseafan said:

Precisely.

Until the two week qurantine is removed from the equation there is no way I am going back and that's coming from someone who's wife and family are in Thailand.

What sane person books a 2 week vacation in Thailand when they have to stay in a hotel under quarantine.

Why the hell don't these fools get it ?

Personally I don't think they have any intention of relaxing the borders, it's just hyperbole for the masses.

'Wife and family' in Thailand and you'd only return to see them if a measly 2 week quarantine is removed?

????

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Marco100 said:

You are a victim of the press conspiracy to convince people that the herd immunity strategy was wrong.  You need to dig deeper and look at death by age group, gdp/financial impact of covid, current death rate.  Protect yourself from the lies we are being told.  Do the research yourself or withhold your judgement/opinions.  

6 hours ago, kamma said:

'Wife and family' in Thailand and you'd only return to see them if a measly 2 week quarantine is removed?

????

Some of us have to work with limited vacation time and you have no idea of our circumstances.

News everybody,  the virus is now no deadlier than the flu CDC

Masks not effective CDC

Oh and suprise suprise WHO advocating we ( your Govts ) retain lockdown strategies to fight Global warming 

Anybody still think its to do with the virus?

16 hours ago, John CS said:

the virus is now no deadlier than the flu CDC

The flu kills typically somewhere between 30K and 60K+ Americans per year...  The CV thus far has killed more than 170,000+....  Not even remotely the same.

Masks not effective CDC

Masks are recommended by the CDC for the general public to help prevent the spread of CV infections.  And that has been backed by most if not all of the major medical/public health organizations and experts around the world.

Some types of masks are more effective than others. But pretty much any mask is going to be better at limiting the spread of CV infection than wearing nothing at all.

Meanwhile, perhaps someone needs to tell Carlson there isn't a vaccine for HIV...

CDC calls on Americans to wear masks to prevent COVID-19 spread

JAMA editorial reviews latest science, while case study shows masks prevented COVID spread

Press Release

For Immediate Release: Tuesday, July 14, 2020
(404) 639-3286

Americans are increasingly adopting the use of cloth face masks to slow the spread of COVID-19, and the latest science may convince even more to do so.

In an editorial published today in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), CDC reviewed the latest science and affirms that cloth face coverings are a critical tool in the fight against COVID-19 that could reduce the spread of the disease, particularly when used universally within communities. There is increasing evidence that cloth face coverings help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.

“We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK