Udon Thani: Lucky escape for 19 passengers as "Gold Class" tour bus crashes

webfact

Udon Thani: Lucky escape for 19 passengers as "Gold Class" tour bus crashes

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Rescue services were called on Saturday evening after a Nakhon Chai Air tour bus from Udon Thani to Bangkok crashed and overturned in the central ditch on the Mitraphap (Friendship) highway in Phasuk sub-district. 

One person was seriously injured and another 18 were taken to hospital with minor injuries. 

Naew Na reported that passengers included clergy, soldiers and aged men and women. 

The service had left Udon at 7 pm and the accident occurred around 7.45 pm. 

5pm1.jpg

Bus staff said it was lucky no one was killed. 

A picture showed the stricken vehicle on its side. It had the sticker "NCA Gold Class".

Wet and slippery conditions were mentioned in the article. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-24

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Looks to me like it seems to be quite straight road at the place of the accident. Wet and slippery? Yep, sure.

I drive that road regular, it's good stretch of road, quite a bit of rain yesterday, so yes - not driving for the conditions! or still had the summer time "slicks" fitted!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A picture showed the stricken vehicle on its side. It had the sticker "NCA Gold Class".

Wet and slippery conditions were mentioned in the article.

Gold class coach bronze level driver.. only took him 45 minutes !

score.jpg

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Looks to me like it seems to be quite straight road at the place of the accident. Wet and slippery? Yep, sure.

Wow, you can from your armchair see the road even 50 meters before or after the accident site?

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

Wow, you can from your armchair see the road even 50 meters before or after the accident site?

Sorry, already got it confirmed by another poster that drives there very often. Next time, a good advice is to read the follow-ups before posting.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sorry, already got it confirmed by another poster that drives there very often. Next time, a good advice is to read the follow-ups before posting.

An even better advice to use your brain.

So that road, which is several hundred kilometres long, is from front to end straight without a single curve, and the poster can see from the road surface exactly where the accident happened?

Welcome to my ignore list troll

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The default position of all tour buses here eventually they should be built that way up for the Thai market ???? 

Nonsense. There is always a way to screw something up. How about brake failure. There's always a way. 

55 minutes ago, Susco said:

An even better advice to use your brain.

So that road, which is several hundred kilometres long, is from front to end straight without a single curve, and the poster can see from the road surface exactly where the accident happened?

Welcome to my ignore list troll

Ok, just another one that uses the popular word troll together with everything they can´t accept. Maybe better to say you were wrong next time. Nevermind, you put me on your ignore list already. 

Thank you! Now I do not need to have anymore replies from you. Without knowing it, you actually made me a favor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, asiamaster said:

Nakhonchai air has a good reputation. Good safe drivers and I believe even two drivers that take turns.

I take NCA often and have taken BKK to Mukdahan overnight rides on many occasions when Lao border was open. Udon to BKK was always a day run for me. This is disappointing to read.

7 minutes ago, elliss said:

Totally agree .

My experience , with this Company . 

They are a cut above , the rest ...

Nakhonchai21, operated as a premium service by Nakhonchaitour, and introduced to provide a similar level of service in competition with NCA, is comparable in quality.

ไม่ธรรมดา! นครชัย21 ทุ่ม 125 ล้าน ออกรถทัวร์ใหม่สายโคราช-กทม. หวัง ...

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1