Survey shows people worried about protests leading to hatred, violence

webfact

It’s students that are protesting not Thaksins thugs running riot with their hit men. 
I struggle to see what the issue is in that poll as 69.43% of Thais are telling the government to talk to the students and take a hike. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Don't even concern yourself with it. It is a totally fake poll. The parts about the tree planting, and the support of the army gave that away. 

Just part of the army propaganda machine. 

I agree with you but it’s a very clear tell about how the Army/Government plan to play this as it develops.  They need scape goats

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

protests would spread hatred in society, according to a NIDA Poll.

Would have to agree, just look at the Thaiger NEWS Portal, doing everything it can to incite a farang uprising supporting the peaceful demonstrations.

Edited by Jenkins9039

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Don't even concern yourself with it. It is a totally fake poll. The parts about the tree planting, and the support of the army gave that away. 

Just part of the army propaganda machine. 

Must be getting a few tips from CCP.

46 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

if there was a movement to get rid of the monarchy in the UK would people care?

There is one.

Its "headline" commitment is to do so.

However the LM laws in Thailand also prohibit criticism of foreign monarchs/heirs. So as it would contravene TVF rules for me to post its website address I shall not do so.

Using the words "Republic", "Movement" and "UK" it is easily found.

Edited by Enoon

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Another fake, army sponsored poll, no doubt. My guess is that about 90% of the population supports the youth, this time around. 

The toxic army is despised like never before. They have over extended their welcome. They need to go, and the sooner, the better. They know that. We know that. 

Yes the real poll reads. People don't want coup leaders or fake elections. No stand over and bullying either. 100% hated is the real poll. Please empty desks and leave watches in the boxes on departure by taxis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Ops! Strange! But, that´s impossible! They say that Thailand have been free from Covid-19 for about 100 days now.

Are they saying that they have parties and protest groups that are importing filthy foreigners they bring in without the need of quarantine?

Manfarangs not wearing masks!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us hope your dire prediction does not come to pass. I see the chances of a youth led movement wrestling power from the army at 40% or better. It is long overdue. Times are changing. Dinosaurs like Prayuth and Prawit are despised now. And people are really starting to understand just who and what they are. And what they represent.

Let us hope. I would love to see Thailand finally moving forward, after this toxic and retrograde army are dismissed. 

There will be another erection.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I surely hope so. Hate to think it was the last time yesterday.

But they make some items you can pick up at the pharmacy or along Sukhumvit if needed at decent prices to help

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Imagine the hatred when the army starts shooting the students and schoolkids.

We all know it's coming.

Should that happen I would hope the western countries would implement sanctions enough to cripple Thailand and its corrupt junta.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Should that happen I would hope the western countries would implement sanctions enough to cripple Thailand and its corrupt junta.

They will, at which point usurpers will run straight to their CCP daddy.

• Like 2

The protests are not violent. They would only get violent when the authorities do a Lukoshenko.

The peasants are revolting.

I despair with some countries, but then, I look at the history of China, Vietnam and Cambodia and their 'popular uprisings' and wonder where Thailand is going. Apirat hasn't got long before he retires, he can see the protesters as country or nation haters and he's itching.....

• Like 1

We think what we want, but it is always difficult to deny in figures the history of the country on this subject and the acts of violence against unarmed demonstrators, or against universities, students, disappearances, etc ...
Who is violent?

1 hour ago, Scott Tracy said:

I also think that there will not be a revolution. Most Thais just want to live and politics is something in passing. They despair about he who cannot be named, but can do nothing. The wife says Chan o Cha is not her Prime minister, but doesn't really care that much with her nose burried in the phone on Facebook day and night. She cares about handbags, perfume, buying stuff. She doesn't care about anything else. Meanwhile, the rest of the village is struggling to put food on the table. They don't care either, and why should they? They have bigger things to worry about than submarines and VIP aircraft.

I think, on the contrary, that the Thais are very politicized because they have a very strong human bond, that they have very strong notions of patriotism (not necessarily nationalist, but certainly patriots), that they practice a lot of festivals all year round. National bodies loaded with symbolism, that they have a very present hierarchy in the administrations and that these are very present in the territories with very good job apply by very competent territories and elected people.

I think it is complicate for European people to see and well understand how it works to and what are they thinking. They are terribly human.

I think that just because people don't talk a lot doesn't mean they don't think about anything.

I think their story and their methods are threatening enough to silence a lot of people around.

There is an history, why not just read about this one to see ?

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Another fake, army sponsored poll, no doubt. My guess is that about 90% of the population supports the youth, this time around. 

The toxic army is despised like never before. They have over extended their welcome. They need to go, and the sooner, the better. They know that. We know that. 

Stuck here in NZ, I asked my Thai wife (no university education) about this__ she knew nothing. 

I then asked my Thai niece who is uni educated and staying with us on working holiday about this and she's well aware of the situation. 

I suspect that to a degree, this may be the case. 

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

bingo  !   that's what I keep telling the TV farang on here but they know better.  lol  

Who did they ask?

Apathetic parents who have done nothing for the last 6 years?

Or did they ask the students.. because if they did the percentage would have been 100% not worried !

• Like 1