Visa amnesty 27th September

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought you had to go to Immigration to get any form of Visa/Extension & would be very suspicious of any visa/extension (excluding ones on medical grounds) that didn't require you to take a trip there. 

I would be very suspicious of an Agent who would say you have to go to IMO personally, because this would mean he is no doing his job. For what I pay an agent if I have to go to IMO myself. Not forget, you are in LOS, you can basically buy everything and everybody.

11 minutes ago, 321 BOOM said:

I would be very suspicious of an Agent who would say you have to go to IMO personally, because this would mean he is no doing his job. For what I pay an agent if I have to go to IMO myself. Not forget, you are in LOS, you can basically buy everything and everybody.

I had to go to Immigration to do my Non-Imm O extension but that was legitimate (had bank letter, didn't need proof of insurance) but even guys who do the retirement extension without having the finances or insurance need to go to Immigration for the "Photo Op"..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

I had to go to Immigration to do my Non-Imm O extension but that was legitimate (had bank letter, didn't need proof of insurance) but even guys who do the retirement extension without having the finances or insurance need to go to Immigration for the "Photo Op"..

Not always , theres ways around that

17 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you've have quoted more of my post, I went on to say that I know it's not immigration's decision to make, however somebody on the committee that's making decision will have Immigration as part of his portfolio so through him they do have some influence at the table & he'll be keen not to lose face by making his department look like they're making a (well publicised) U-turn.

Again, you're playing a very dangerous game by just sitting there & waiting to see what happens, at least have a viable Plan B ready in case things do not go as you're expecting them to. 

Uturns are part and parcel and the very reason why the requirements are all different in different IO offices. They uturned the bubble plans and will likely uturns the Phuket plans when they realise there is zero bookings. The seeds of doubt are sown do not worry it's the world we live in at present. No point running to agents to solve problems they cannot solve. Already heavily documented how dodgy agents are. They are not saviours.

1 minute ago, Jack Hna said:

Uturns are part and parcel and the very reason why the requirements are all different in different IO offices. They uturned the bubble plans and will likely uturns the Phuket plans when they realise there is zero bookings. The seeds of doubt are sown do not worry it's the world we live in at present. No point running to agents to solve problems they cannot solve. Already heavily documented how dodgy agents are. They are not saviours.

Well we have exactly 1 month to see ???? 

Oh & my agent is perfectly legit, they won't even speak to you if you don't meet the requirements for the visa/extension you're looking for. 

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why?

They always do a new 90 day entry stamp on the day the visa is issued. It replaces the original entry stamp.

I'm not disputing what you say, but it does conflict with what schools are saying.

I just chatted with a school offering an in country ED visa, based on someone originally entering Thailand early March and currently on Amnesty.

Here's a screenshot of the relevant part of the chat:

image.png.27e346c76baba0cbd5cdc34206bd899d.png

(I've blurred the school location because I'm not sure what the forum rules are regarding including that stuff.)

My confusion is that if CW is issuing a new "Entry" stamp effective with the start of the ED Visa, then why would that not be the starting point of the 1 year on the ED Visa?

So much confusion.  They should just simplify all of it and let people do 90 day visas with payment of a fee.  Full stop.

Then people can study if they want, tour around like a tourist, or just live their lives and spend their money.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 321 BOOM said:

By the way, what was very interesting to hear from an agent just a few minutes ago that according to their information immigration said that application should not be later than 15th, for ED and Retirement, interesting as the 15th is Tuesday and as far as I know that's the day for cabinet meeting, have to add that first I was told its the 9th... clearly smelling a rat here

So you think they know an extension is coming and trying to round up some customers before the news breaks?

46 minutes ago, 321 BOOM said:

By the way, what was very interesting to hear from an agent just a few minutes ago that according to their information immigration said that application should not be later than 15th, for ED and Retirement, interesting as the 15th is Tuesday and as far as I know that's the day for cabinet meeting, have to add that first I was told its the 9th... clearly smelling a rat here

Edited by Daithi85

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

So you think they know an extension is coming and trying to round up some customers before the news breaks?

So you think they know an extension is coming and there trying to round up some customers before the news breaks?

Could be, actually it would not wonder me at all - tea money is IMO business.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Well we have exactly 1 month to see ???? 

Oh & my agent is perfectly legit, they won't even speak to you if you don't meet the requirements for the visa/extension you're looking for. 

I pay an agent to get around things, not to be perfectly legit, than I not need some, its the same with lawyers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If you meet all the requirements, why do you need an agent at all? Only as a courier service?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoseThailand said:

If you meet all the requirements, why do you need an agent at all? Only as a courier service?

I don't "Need" an agent, I use one as they make things as easy as possible for me (including completing all the paperwork & driving me to CW).

My point was that not all Agents are dodgy & unscrupulous, some just provide a legitimate (& IMHO valuable) service so shouldn't be tarred with the same brush. 

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I'd rather not say too much on public forums , dont want to go into too much detail

That's a lame reply. Not asking for agent details.

However anyone that has actually gone through process, be it ed visa or whatever could easily detail how it worked and what was required.

Most folk just spouting out second hand info. Dubious at best.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a lame reply. Not asking for agent details.

However anyone that has actually gone through process, be it ed visa or whatever could easily detail how it worked and what was required.

Most folk just spouting out second hand info. Dubious at best.

I applied for a visa last week , first hand info .

Doesnt take much to work what "Theres ways around it " means and the ways it can be done .

BTW, had my photos taken in the bank

Now I understand the odd date of 26th september, it's exactly six months since Thailand closed its border on 25 or 26th of March.

I doubt Thailand will extend it anymore, considering most home countries have opened their borders to their own citizens.

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You're new on this site, aren't you. Don't you think that immigration get part of the agent fee? That is the entire point of making things so difficult that you turn to an expensive agent in desperation.

I havent written a lot on this site, but been reading and using this site for many years, when needed.. Usually I find what Im looking for... I am aware about that, yes, if you read it again, you will probably notice that I said the moving part was tempting, so these IOs at this particular office arent making the money, but someone at a different office..? I think everyone with an IQ above 10 knows that the IOs are getting their cut.. Dont insult other people for no reason, when you are the one that clearly doesnt understand.. Cant really see how your post is "helpful" neither.. If you dont have anything nice to say, well, then dont ... 

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I doubt Thailand will extend it anymore, considering most home countries have opened their borders to their own citizens.

Which country opened its borders to its own citizens since the previous Amnesty extension around the 23rd of July? I don't think the situation has changed in any significant way since that day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Now I understand the odd date of 26th september, it's exactly six months since Thailand closed its border on 25 or 26th of March.

Why not extend it to another odd date of 26 March 2021? Things haven't really changed since the previous extension.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seik said:

Which country opened its borders to its own citizens since the previous Amnesty extension around the 23rd of July? I don't think the situation has changed in any significant way since that day.

USA

https://mx.usembassy.gov/travel-restrictions-fact-sheet/

Canada

https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/FAQ_COVID-19.aspx?lang=eng

and many others.

Which popular country won't allow their own citizens to back to their own country 

Edited by EricTh

6 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Why not extend it to another odd date of 26 March 2021? Things haven't really changed since the previous extension.

It has changed in the sense that their own citizens can return back to their home country. During the first few months of Covid, they couldn't.

We are not talking about non-citizens doing a visa-run to another country in which he is not a citizen. Those aren't tourists but visa-runners abusing the system.

Edited by EricTh

28 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I applied for a visa last week , first hand info .

Doesnt take much to work what "Theres ways around it " means and the ways it can be done .

BTW, had my photos taken in the bank

What type of visa?

How long valid for?

Cost?

What does photos in bank have to do with it?

10 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I don’t want to sound callous but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t see your daughter for a few months or even longer.

This has happened and still does to many children for many reasons some never get to meet their father. 
My eldest sister didn’t meet our father until she was about two years old due to my father fighting overseas during the Second World War she survived without any problems because we had a loving mother and I am sure your daughter will be the same.

Well, to me it is, we are all built differently, and that would mean more than a few months the way things are now, it wold also mean that my missus  would have to quit her job, which means she is breaking her part of that contract, which means we will have to pay her out, 500 k.. Well, there goes my daughters "education-money"... My daughter wont die from not having me there, but it will for sure affect her, a few months, well, that is in the absolutely best case scenario... More likely 6 months to a year minimum before I will be able to be with her again.. Why split families up for no reason, when they not have to, and they are daily crying out in the media how much they want foreigners to contribute to the Thai-economy again.. Well, if they only work as hard on making it possible for foreigners to be able to come here, stay here again, as they are on getting rid of us these days... Thais are still not kicked out from where Im from, they are getting their visas extended for now, because it is the right thing to do in this situation, the ones visiting their families, that arrived as tourist and others.. Its not really tempting to get on these flights and airports full of corona to make it home neither..   Not when there isnt any decent reason for them not to let me stay here with my family... The only reason why I have a problem about my visa now, is because one IO apparently screwed me over...  If Thailand want to act in a decent matter (like most other countries around the world now), they would treat people with families and other proper reasons to stay here on a case-to-case basis like they said they would, not split up families and so on in a time they even think is bad enough to extend the emergency decree even longer..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It has changed in the sense that their own citizens can return back to their home country. During the first few months of Covid, they couldn't.

There are still no flights to many destinations. Flights keep being cancelled all the time.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, there are some people stranded here. And they should be able to demonstrate their inability to leave to Thai Immigration, and obtain an extension.

Try that when they couldnt care less, couldnt even care to listen to whatever your problem is, even on top of that, make up a rule to not having to deal with you and wave you off... It might sound easy to you, but you cant just walk in to an IO and demand them to listen to you.... And getting frustrated, raising your voice, or getting <deleted> off isnt gonna make it better, so what do you do, unless you know some Thais in high places..?

They said they would treat foreigners with a proper reason to stay on case-to-case basis, but that clearly isnt the case showing up at the IO... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The33 said:

If Thailand want to act in a decent matter (like most other countries around the world now), they would treat people with families and other proper reasons to stay here on a case-to-case basis like they said they would, not split up families and so on in a time they even think is bad enough to extend the emergency decree even longer..

Whilst I sympathise with your plight, from Thailand's point of view you arrived as a visitor on a Tourist Visa.

Your not married, your not the legalised Father of your daughter, so you don't qualify to apply for a 1 year extension based on Thai family.

I did ask for your nationality and age, which you've ignored to answer and I only asked that to see if perhaps you could qualify for a 1 year extension based on retirement .... albeit through an agent.