Visa amnesty 27th September

3 hours ago, Coronazorro said:

Anyone considering Cambodia as a last minute resort? If I’m right the extra cost would be just 150 USD for the tests if you get lucky and nobody test positive in your flight.

Seems like a scam in cam that whole deal. 1 person tests positive your all done for and they already got your payment in advance and that's $1500 down the swanny.

Something's gonna open up. 

Nepal may be an option.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

I have been in very similar circumstances and am facing the exact plight you are on at present.

When our child was 6 months and I had to jet back to UK within 48 hours of realising I was needed there.

Got off the phone drove straight to bigC spent 18k on supplies so the Mrs did not need to do any chores and could concentrate on the child.

Was gone for 5 weeks but to be sure I primed her for 2 months before I left.

Our child is nearly 4 now and being home based I am privileged to have watched him grow up for the last 4 years and only been out of Thailand for 9 weeks in that entire time.

I used non O visa based on being a parent to a Thai child and all I had to get that was my name on birth certificate, copies of my woman's tabien bahn and our sons tabien bahn some other easy to obtain proofs of Mrs.

Sounds like a hurdle but it worked for me for years. Recently I had to show 400k in my bank (Vientiane Dec 2019) but that was a new rule as far as I am aware.

All that, got me was 90 days entrance and a further 60 days extension and rinse repeat every 5 months.

So now I'm on amnesty and I'm willing to wait until the last 72 hours before booking a flight anywhere. I'm keeping all options open based on a rapid change environment. 

It's worth the wait. 

Yes you could be outside Thailand for a prolonged period and that is going to be painful.

No it will not last as long as all seem to say but you have to wonder what their agenda is for stoking such fear.

Be prepared for the worst and be strong for you and the family.

Best of luck.

Good post I like your thinking. I'm sure something opens up closer to the 'doomsday'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration deciding what the Embassies should do again!

When certain Embassies had this Infographic information brought to their attention they flatly refused to bend over and comply. It's Immigrations problem, not the Embassies.

Yup not any/many embassies going to bend over again. The UK/OZ/USA/etc cartel not issuing anything. The EU including usually 'friendly' scandinavians not either. Anyone? ???? It was meant to be one of my last options but not anymore (Denmark not issuing!). So bring it on!
What would an (airport/border office) IO do if one could somehow bring oneself with a non o visa & not having all the covid req. docs? Stamp in or arrest or??

1 hour ago, worldfun said:

Yup not any/many embassies going to bend over again. The UK/OZ/USA/etc cartel not issuing anything. The EU including usually 'friendly' scandinavians not either. Anyone? ???? It was meant to be one of my last options but not anymore (Denmark not issuing!). So bring it on!
What would an (airport/border office) IO do if one could somehow bring oneself with a non o visa & not having all the covid req. docs? Stamp in or arrest or??

The land borders are all closed so you couldn't do it that way & no airline would let you board a flight without a COE (Certificate of Entry?) from your Thai Embassy for which you need the Insurance, CV19 tests, Fit-2-Fly, ASQ bookings etc... so that way is pretty closed as well

But if you were able to get on a flight & land in Thailand, you'd be denied entry & held at the airport until you could be returned to where you came from. which would be at the airlines expense on top of a fine (think I read somewhere it's $10,000) they'd have to pay for letting you board the flight whilst not being eligible to enter Thailand (i.e. don't have the COE). 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

All due respect Sundown but I struggle with the word "stranded". There have been several airlines flying out of BKK since the pandemic began and I know several people that have flown out, be it by Qatar, KLM, Finnair and others. As a tourist surely you had a return ticket when you came? I say this with all due respect as I don't know your circumstances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How would they know.

The government decides on such matters as amnesty not immigration.

That's if they are not to busy swanning around in their nice uniforms and bling, and saluting each other.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually there are people that are truly stuck here.

Yeah but...

what's the percentage? 5%. 1%?

how'd they get here? There is usually always a route back.

most countries allow their citizens to return.

there are third-party countries to which they could travel, and stay legally.

Yes, there are some very few people who are stranded. Assume their embassy/consulate or Immigraiton will possibly allow them an extension.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually there are people that are truly stuck here. Not everybody is from western countries.

Some countries are still locked down for incoming flights and they do not have repatriation flights from. Many of those are not allowed to enter any country without a visa so they really have no where to go.

Fair comment. I was basing my judgement on Western visitors.............. who are the vast majority.

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm trying to understand the logic of, as things stand at present, demanding the few remaining tourists that Thailand has left leave by 26th September.

So logically, how long should they be allowed to stay....

until they run out of money

until they die

until they feel like leaving

until they are replaced by another tourist

Should they pay for the privilege of staying?

Do they need to show they have sufficient income, and insurance?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The33 said:

Well, the moving part is tempting, at least giving someone else the agent-money, and not the ones working in this IO..

You're new on this site, aren't you. Don't you think that immigration get part of the agent fee? That is the entire point of making things so difficult that you turn to an expensive agent in desperation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

More seriously, and I wonder why I am bothering to comment on a subject that has been discussed in numerous threads already, if the borders are still closed to incoming foreigners after 26th September then nothing has changed since March and there is no logical reason not to extend the amnesty until that situation changes.

We're a liability to them basically and it's not worth the headache. I really think that's how they see it. They just want us out so they can reset the process and get ready to resume business as normal when the borders reopen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In what way are we a liability? It's not like we're milking a social welfare system and costing the country money. Quite the opposite.

Because we don't belong here and we require administration. It's a headache for them and they only do it for the money and because it's kind of required in global politics. That's just my observation though, I'm not saying I necessarily agree or support their views.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The33 said:

Thanks, appreciate the advice and good thoughts! It will work out somehow at the end I hope, but it feels hopeless when the authorities are working against you, for no reason... My missus will have to stop working as well  if I leave, as I, just like you, am the one staying home, taking care of our daughter, as the missus works 6 days a week... The bigger issue with me leaving, is my daughter growing up without me being there, and it might be long until Im able to see her again, if I have to leave.. Just quarantine is 10 + 14 days, then the "waiting list" and applying to be allowed to enter...

Im positive for now, that I will find a solution, but its hard not to be frustrated by the way things are done here at times... 

Wish you all the best, good luck there as well, nice to have some good people helping out, giving advice, some good thoughts in these frustrating times, highly appreciated! I know, jai yen yen, I try, but not easy when everything that matters to you, are basically taken away from you, if even just for a shorter period of time ????

I don’t want to sound callous but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t see your daughter for a few months or even longer.

This has happened and still does to many children for many reasons some never get to meet their father. 
My eldest sister didn’t meet our father until she was about two years old due to my father fighting overseas during the Second World War she survived without any problems because we had a loving mother and I am sure your daughter will be the same.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

For as long as they are spending, putting money into the Thai economy and are not causing trouble to anyone. Anything wrong with that?

Not my call, no horse in the race but...

who decides what qualifies are "spending, putting money into..."?

"causing trouble"? So not being arrested?

Seems like a low bar?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Land borders?

Borders are two-way, so you need to talk with Myanmar, Malayasia. Cambodia, and Laos.

Of course. what are you saying? I would expect them to let us extend month by month (at a price) until the borders reopen and we can resume normal visa activities.

That's not going to happen though and borders may be closed for many more months so they just want to get rid of us and the headache we provide.